It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're warning us about the truth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Have you noticed how very recently there have been mainstreem movies coming out that look like they're trying to test the societal waters to see how we'd react to the truth.
releases like:
www.sonypictures.com...
vforvendetta.warnerbros.com...
www.thebeastmovie.com...
www.iceagemovie.com... (maybe?)

I think they are trying to sneak a little bit of reality into our daily dose of inane dribble.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I think they are trying to sneak a little bit of reality into our daily dose of inane dribble.

Dribble? Its a deluge of inanities....Big inanities, little inanities, ubiquitous inanities that manage to sneak in around the duct-taped cracks of my perception...don't even get me started on modern advertising (all it takes to be 'cool', is the right brand of phone!! gotta' get me one), mass media, or nearly any other form of popular communication (with the exception of ATS, of course).

In fact, only uppercase does the concept justice...INANE...notice how close that is to a serious mental condition? Maybe I oughta' be on the rant forum.

NC

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes i think that is plausable. Possibly softening the blow somewhat?? I am a media student and we worked on the 9/11 footage etc.. one onlooker was quoted as saying something similar as "I feel invincible.. It was like an entire film set" (Can't find a direct quote/link but am sure there will be one somewhere!). Many people linked what they see in the movies with real life.. its just an idea but interesting point.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the links
I think the beast looks like a good one to come out
I'm search my local video place to see if they have a copy of
"The God who wasn't there" the other film Brian put out.
started reading some of the forum there but couldn't get past some of the
"3733t spe4k stuff"

But i'm trying to figure out how Iceage is added in.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry, got off track there for a moment. I'm better now.

While there are the film-makers who have an obvious agenda for all or some of their films (Spike Lee, Michael Moorer (sic) ), in general I think studios, producers, and directors are simply trying to market a product that makes money.

And taken as a percentage of all films released in a specific time-period, those topics are not all that prevalent. (That's my perception; I would have to research that to back it up). O.K. did a little bit...here is a link to movies released Friday, the 24th. Comedies appear to lead the field. I know that's a very small sample, but I don't think its out of the norm.

NC

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So the "truth" you believe that "they" are trying to get out is (respectively):

1) Jesus was married to, and had a child with, Mary Magdalene (ala D. Brown's work of fiction.)

2) Anarchists will overthrow the gov (i'm not real sure of the premise of this movie or what "truth" your concerned with here though)?

3) Jesus never existed.

4) A catastrophe is imminent via global warming? (not sure here either but if I am - I'd go with The Day After Tomorrow instead of Ice Age II.

Seems "1)" and "3)" are too different, imo, to be the same "truth." Of course maybe "they" are just trying out different "truths" to see which one more people will swallow.

Have you established any sort of commonality between the movies ie, same - production company, studio or financial backers? In other words: Any idea who "they" are? Seems like a no-holds barred disclosure theory you've got here ie, a little bit of everything... surely aliens fit in somewhere though, no?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Have you noticed how very recently there have been mainstreem movies coming out that look like they're trying to test the societal waters to see how we'd react to the truth.

Ah yes but how do we know the truth is nothing more than the next lie? I thought they were just running out of things to write about.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by TgSoe]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OK.. looking at it in another way. If (and i know its a bad example and untrue in my opinion but il go for it) If the Government knew about something such as something to do with Jesus bloodlines.. what would people do?? Im guessing stop working.. worship his offspring (if any?) because if such a revelation was ever released who would want to carry on working.. instead, investigate the story. If this Priory of Sion was a true organisation and were goin to release this information wouldnt the Government want to keep people working or in a dream like state where everything is comparable to a film??
I know its a bad example but please look at it from the point im trying to make through the example.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It just shows that the time runs short to find the Messiah.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
...So the entire Hollywood (and international) film industry, including the Screen Actors Guild, all the studios, all the specialty companies, etc. are ALL part of the international global conspiracy???

This one is too weird and far out for even the hard core conspiracy zealot.

Film topics go in cycles. Right now disaster movies are popular and make lots of money. Soon these will go away like the sci-fi movies of the 50's, the costume epics of the 60's, the political intrigue movies of the 90's, etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

releases like:
www.sonypictures.com...
vforvendetta.warnerbros.com...
www.thebeastmovie.com...
www.iceagemovie.com... (maybe?)

Yeah I agree with you but it can be difficult to determine truth from lies a lot of the time. For example, davincicode is mostly truth, vforvendetta is true but political, thebeastmovie is true but what really is the beast? and iceagemovie is telling us about the future for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I forgot to throw in National Treasure. Illuminatti?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think its just that conspiracy is more mainstream and more popular, thats why there are so many conspiracy themed movies and such.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
At least it shows that these topics are more redilly accepted by the mainstream. If any of the topics spoken of in these movies do turn out to be true, it will definately be less of a shock to a lot of people. It would be like trying to explain Hinduism to someone after they've seen the Matrix. Whether it was intended or not, they could help people with the transition, if there is one.

Which brings up another possibillity. What if there is a conciousness guiding individuals to a certain end at a certain time. I don't necessarily mean that an individual sitting in a chair somewhere petting a furry cat. Maybe the human race saw a need for these movies at this time, and set the seed of an idea in a few minds.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I know! See what did I tell you?! After all the Illuminati runs hollywood and is in charge of what movies come out. We have been warned... Many people think oh good fun and entertainment, but it is much more than that.... we are heading for disaster here!!! famons, disaster...and worse DEMONS. Everyone should head to the mountains soon...or else consider yourself beheaded.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by whitelightwolf]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Instead of listing the names of the movies that have come out over the last 30 years, that either contained a warning in the title/story line or a more subtle message during the film....
Here is the closing speech from the movie On Deadly Ground that was released over a decade ago.

REMOVED

It's OUR fault for ignoring the warning sings we produced for ourselves.
Americans have embraced a system that is not only unable to protect our basic human rights, it is also responsible for providing the opportunity to have our genetic structure molested and experimented on by 'Gene Giants'.

Take a pill if you are looking for a little bit of reality.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Please note, you did use the correct 'ex' tags but no link and excessive quoting

[edit on 2-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The Red Pill would be a good choice.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I was thinking about the only one I haven't taken, the white one (ibogaine).

If it can cure a person of a physical and mental chemical dependency of heroin, methamphetamines, and a varitey of other pain medications without experiencing the typical withdrawal symptoms,
it might be my only chance to live without guilt whenever I decide to take step 3 of the "turn on, tune in, drop out" experience.

V for Vendetta sucked, extremely.

new topics

top topics

join