It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans on the Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Republicans on the Run -Time/Nation
If the midterm elections were held today, top strategists of both parties say privately, the Republicans would probably lose the 15 seats they need to keep control of the House of Representatives

But that's not turning out to be the case. In recent weeks, a startling realization has begun to take hold: if the elections were held today, top strategists of both parties say privately, the Republicans would probably lose the 15 seats they need to keep control of the House of Representatives and could come within a seat or two of losing the Senate as well.ormer Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, who masterminded the 1994 elections that brought Republicans to power on promises of revolutionizing the way Washington is run, told Time that his party has so bungled the job of governing that the best campaign slogan for Democrats today could be boiled down to just two words: "Had enough?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Doesn't bode well for the Republicans, if the course doesn't change soon the GOP is bound to go up in flames. Core paleoconservatives are breaking away from the neoconservatives. Getting back to basics and embracing fiscal responsibility may be their best plan, rather than adding more weight to the bastardized version the GOP now represents.

Maybe we shall see the rise of 3rd party, since there's plenty that are sick and tired of both parties' treachery and incompetence.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Maybe we shall see the rise of 3rd party, since there's plenty that are sick and tired of both parties' treachery and incompetence.

We can only hope so.

I can't remember there being so much talk about a third party, as there has been lately.

And, I think the two major parties know it. I heard on the news the other day (I can't find a link right now), that they are trying to modify the Campaign Finance Reform law so that it covers the internet as well. When will we rise up and tell them "NO MORE!... no longer will we allow you to take our rights."

I know that I've cast my last vote for the Republican party, and as far as things are going now, I'll never vote for a Democrat.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Funny you should bring this up; in another thread we were discussing how nearly impossible it is for a third party to get elected.

If the Republicans get rousted, it's because they've strayed from their core values. Fiscal policy is in shambles. Border security is still unsolved. We still don't have an alternative energy policy. Health care costs are still on the rise.

And the Democrats don't have the answers, either.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Funny you should bring this up; in another thread we were discussing how nearly impossible it is for a third party to get elected.

If the Republicans get rousted, it's because they've strayed from their core values. Fiscal policy is in shambles. Border security is still unsolved. We still don't have an alternative energy policy. Health care costs are still on the rise.

And the Democrats don't have the answers, either.

I agree with your post 100%

What is sad, is how many Americans do not realize that there are parties other than the two majors. What is even more sad, is there are some that know, but do nothing about it - actually believing the two majors can still do good.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
V Twin,

Love your signature!

I have been saying for years that the biggest problem facing our democracy is the undue influence of corporations in politics. A third party has no corporate sponsorship, hence no clout.

The Fourteenth Amendment, Equal Protection, has been highjacked and bastardized by our courts and our bought and payed for politicos. Real lobbying reform is the answer, but a solution is impossible without a true grass-roots rebellion against the status quo.

I mourn the loss of The Great American Experiment.

new topics

top topics

join