It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink's stupid girls video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think you've missed her point. She tends to be more satirical than other pop stars. She's been ever since she made it to MTV. But the point is, that people like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, etc. are always pushed on girls, and peered pressured into becoming like them. Britney may have had some "bad" influence on girls, but she isn't as "bad" in her personal life, like they are.

P!nk or Pink, is trying to point out toward the end of the video with the "Dream of the Female President" and "The Football Woman", "Little Girl", and "Grandma Paris Hilton, but 'normal'" in the video, is that girls should be themsleves and not fall for this pre-Pagmilon stuff.

Girls shouldn't push themsleves to become like Paris Hilton, or Britney(pre-KFED), or "Wealthy Girls", they should grow up naturally and be themsleves and defened their OWN idenities, I don't think most people picked up on the concept of the video or the message of it, in the video. It was to be yourself, who cares what the media thinks YOU SHOULD BE, YOU DECIDE IT, and DON'T GIVE UP ON A DREAM FOR YOU OR YOUR "TYPE"; BECAUSE IT'S COOL. SOCIALLY, JUST BE YOURSELF, AND HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen VH1's show "Driven" featuring Pink? She is definatly not your average pop princess. I feel that she is way more edgy, defiant and original.

I don't really care for the song "Stupid Girls" in itself but I do like the message in it.

And as far as sub-cultures such as "goths" and "punks" being created to seperate from the superficial norm, don't be fooled. I have met plenty of superficial and snobby goths and punks in my lifetime.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't let my daughter get plastic surgery.
I don't like the girls that look like briteny spears or jessica simpson. they're to fake to me.
I like the normal everyday looking ones.
I hope to teach her that there are guys like that in the world

new topics

<< 1   >>

join