It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink's stupid girls video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Are girls becoming stupid?

It seems that a pop singer is taking her message to the young girls with a song and a video.

Don't let the title fool you. 'Stupid Girls' by pop star Pink is a video with a serious message for smart young women.

In her video she is trying to educate the girls about making choices when it comes to their bodies.

She also makes fun of Mary Kate, Britney, Jessica, Pars. And Lindsay.

Are we becoming a society so worry about our appearance that we are influencing young girls into becoming what they are not?

How much money are we willing to spend to look better. The statistics on young girls enhancing their bodies in one way or another has grown in the last 10 years.

www.cnn.com...

Interesting point Pink is trying to make, I like it.

But do you agree? Will you allowed your teen daughter go through surgery just to make her happy?

The plastic cosmetic industry is having not problem.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Isn't it funny that in an age when we know the most successfull, productive people are those who can delay gratification, we've let the media train us, to let our children train us, to give them everything they want, now. Even new breasts in a young body.

When you look at how we're encouraged to spend on 'stuff', instead of plan for the future, who needs more proof of the NWO 'educating' us from every point of our lives, "Spend all NOW, you have no future to save for!"

Saddly the girls and women who make "Pink like' statements, usually get screamed down by the shopaholics with more mindlessness like, "Your just jealous!"

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As a matter of interest (completely irrelevant of this thread mind!) has anyone seen heard the band freemasons? Released a song called 'watchin'? Know i don't have much of a point to make just made me chuckle!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I apologized for putting this thread in the wrong forum it should have been in the media one.

I made a boo-boo.

Anyway, she been a white female she made fun of no only other well know actresses but also she made a point on her video on black singers.

So I imagine that the hole video will be change into a black and white issue and the point that she is trying to prove will be twisted and geared into another direction.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Anyway, she been a white female she made fun of no only other well know actresses but also she made a point on her video on black singers.

So I imagine that the hole video will be change into a black and white issue and the point that she is trying to prove will be twisted and geared into another direction.

If Americans are so racially sensative that they would miss the point that, being a Blonde Bimbo Barbie Brat and giving your body away like none of you is worth a penny, is "Stupid!", and only see a 'colour issue', then you lot really are in a bad way.

I can understand why so many girls are 'choosing' the 'lifestyle' of getting everything for nothing but their good looks, what I don't get is why there are so many supporting them in it. They would have to be a little more 'stupid' than those "Stupid Girls".

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Actually the comment came because I been reading some feed back in other sites about the video and like everything they made comments on the issue.

Now I guess the problem with the young girls is that our society is bombarded with stereotypes and many are coming from the actresses and pop singers.

I may be old but I remember when I was a young girls and like any other girls didn't find myself pretty enough and by breast was not big enough my nose was to big and I was too skinny.

Now I am glad that my mother never felt for my complaints and only told me that I will change with time.

Oh, boy she was right.

Now a days the pressure in schools and the lack of time for parents to spend with their children may influence the parents to compensate with vanities to make their children happy.

And the cosmetic surgery industry actually encourage young girls to get fix.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Pink's Stupid Girls video is hilarious. Everything she says in it is so true.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It is a stupid pop video itself and does no more good than Pamela Anderson going under the knife. It merley brings forth a concern for 3 minutes of synthesized instruments with unharmonic vocals, typical bubblegum pop. It is aesthetically pleasing and sticks into a person's head for a few minutes after the song until they are chewing a piece of bubblegum or watching the next video.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
hmm Is pink not herself a pop queen in some respects?

Is she not also one of these stupid girls?

I just think in some ways its a ploy to sell more songs, Everyone love the Rebeling popstar sorts (Teenagers )

I dont blame any of the girls in the vids, They really dont have much say in what they do anyway,

What the public want the public get, And sadly this seems to be half naked teenagers running around our music screens,

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Frostys' right!

Many of today's contemporary musicians/artists write some of the most
relevant, poignant and poetic lyrics ever produced. Incredible insight into contemporary culture; sadly art has become a throw away product just like most things today. Nothing is worth anything and very few even care.

Is it any wonder we have subcultures like the Goths, Punks and other nihilists that see thru the shallowness and adopt shocking personas in hopes to find some meaning in an increasingly schizophrenic world; predominantly populated by Yahoos and Mooks.

Its a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!!

[edit on 27-3-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 27-3-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I imagine that pinks video will bring all kind of assorted complains specially by the ones targeted by it.

But I don't blame a girl for wanting to change her appearance but I blame the people in charge of the child from no giving the child the proper support to learn to accept themselves for what they are.

Sometimes it has to do with lack of time and going the easy way to compensate for attention.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You and I tend to be on opposite ends of the spectrum on many issues ..but like recently with dgtempe and her post in "missing white women in the news" I must agree with your premise in your first post. Suzy Ryan too. It's right on target.

Womanhood like manhood is internal not only external. A concept totally missing from so many today..male and female. I see the guys at work reacting to such stimulus and at times it insults me greatly. Its like all thinking ability flatlines among them when confronted with this phenomonon. Ive seen women do the same.

When you see so much of this it becomes as if the very soul of a nation has been merchandized into this drivel. Like a clear treadmill...running running running but going no where. Around in circles on a treadmill. THe only ones making out are the merchandizers of this stuff..this belief system. Ive seen older women who should know better on this treadmill too ..trying to get a few years more of marketability ..but no real life skills. All they are marketing is external appeal. So many are empty inside.
I have posted this and similar in other threads..its a shame more men dont seem to know or realize this.
This phenomonon quickly becomes ..now that I am worth more in marketability ..I can expect more for it. Entitlement mentality and all the baggage that this brings.
Well you get the point I am certain. Well said Marge ..well said.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All the previous posts are right on target, but I believe that there is some rational aspect for the desire to look good. Not necessarily cosmetically speaking (how many facelifts does a person need?), but it is somewhat practical to want to be good looking in respect to ones health. As an example, if someone were overweight, it would be a good thing for that person to want to improve their appearance by exercising and losing weight. Maintaining ones healthy weight and excercising not only helps one feel better, but look better as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
orangetom1999

It is getting very hard to live on the standards of our media and Hollywood portrayed rules.

Yes at the same time we are living more active way into our older years, people wants to be active and look young.

You are right is not a woman issue but now a man issue also, programs on tv that turns regular housewives into swans is misguiding, they show the pretty part of it but they fail to show the bad cases.

DCFusion

I agree that is some cases in which is necessary to enhance once selves trough surgical procedures but vanity should not be the reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Edgy Grunge Pop Diva.

She's alright..
I'm not a fan of her music, but I like her attitude...
I don't think it's a gimmick, it might be though.

She has found a niche, for her music. And more power to her.
Pop Music or not, she does have a message to pass.
And the message is ok by me.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sorry for any offence to all music fans, these are all just my opinions:

Being a pop music fan, nothing against other genres. But I think the video is more insightful to the media promoting those "Paris-type" celeb-lifestyle. It's one thing if it's Tori Spelling or somebody who's an adult, but it's another for culture/media/hollywood to encourage it from high school girls.

I wish they would encourage more "Elle Wood-Buffy" kind of girls, smart, classy, cute, both dependent, independent, and self-reliant. Besides, it's so boring now, it's been going on for more than 10 years now. The "Stupid-Gold 'Miner' chick" of all races, needs to get outta of music and be able to show more Independence in rap and videos; rap needs to grow up, even Satanic Metal isn't that bad, and I find that subculture a bit distrubing.

Sorry again to any offence to music fans, those above are just my opinions.

[edit on 4/16/06 by legallygold223]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Youre right, it does seem like the media for the past while has been portraying the message that girls should "Shut up and look pretty". Finally some artists are trying to send a different message.

I dont like the song... but I respect its message.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One mistake: the video wasn't about Britney!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You are right is not about Britney, I was looking at it today with my husband and he could not stop laughing when she shows the part of the spray on tan.

Why? because my husband and I are going on vacation and he wants to go and have a spray on tan. . . he thinks his legs are to pale and he would not use shorts until they look tan.

I told him, he will end looking like the video

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The video's got a decent message, even if it is somewhat hypocritical (notice there are still half naked women --including Pink-- throughout the whole video). It reminds me of anti-drug commercials... "Think for yourself: don't do drugs" (instead think what we want you to!!) It's all double-speak...

Part of the tragedy is the super-real world "the media" depicts... somewhere down the line someone forgot to tell people about that 'hollywood magic.' As a result we have a culture of people who expect themselves to look like movie/TV stars 24/7; who don't even think about the fact that it took hours of makeup & hair stylists to get each of those 30 second shots... Who don't even think about the fact that those stars spend their whole life just keeping those looks (and what's the hell's so glamorous about that?)

Originally posted by whaaa
Is it any wonder we have subcultures like the Goths, Punks and other nihilists that see thru the shallowness and adopt shocking personas in hopes to find some meaning in an increasingly schizophrenic world; predominantly populated by Yahoos and Mooks.

So conforming to a different social cliche is any better? What happened to just being yourself? I just don't understand how becoming someone you're not helps to find meaning in life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join