It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nuclear Submarine Cave Complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Came across this interesting article, I don't think it's been posted.

The base for China's single Xia-class ballistic missile submarine is located at Jianggezhuang approximately 15 miles (24 km) east of Qingdao on the Yellow Sea (see map). The base spans an entire bay 1.2 miles (1.9 km) across, and includes six piers, a dry dock, numerous service facilities, and an underground submarine tunnel. The main facilities appear to be located in the eastern part of the bay. Apart from the Xia, the base is also used by Han-Class nuclear attack submarines.

The most intriguing feature of the base is the underground submarine facility located in the southeastern end of the bay. The facility consists of a large submarine entrance from the harbor, a pier side entrance to the south, and a land entrance to the east (see image). The submarine entrance is approximately 43 feet (13 meters) wide and appears to be arched by a large concrete structure. Both of the land-entrances are approximate 33 feet (10 meters) wide and appear to have what may be a railway system connected to the interior of the facility.

REST OF THE ARTICLE

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thats kind of cool and some what scary at the the same time.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yup scary yet logical. I mean as a rising superpower i'm sure alot more attention will be given from the West looking for technologies etc.. hidden from sattelites yet safe from bombs possibly?? Good find

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Of course, although we know it is there so obviously they screwed up some where along the line about trying to keep it a secret.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Not sure how secret they were trying to keep it, considering they park the nuclear submarine fleet outside it. I was thinking that maybe now, it could be used as an underground drydock where they can build their new nuke subs in secret.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
the same thing Russia does
it dosnt work that why we dont do it

top topics

join