It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive disrespect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Worth Fighting For

Hey, I'm a veteran of six years of faithful service, and my trusty DD-214 landed me a nice job when I got out.

I went in not long after Vietnam, when just walking down the street in uniform could cause trouble, so you don't need to lecture me about people disrespecting the military. Been there, done that and I'm sure most of our fellow vets know the drill.

I sometimes find myself rankled by (what I consider, anyway) some of the less-informed opinions that equate people like me with bloodthirsty killers or (insert insult here), but I try to keep things in perspective.

And here's my perspective.

I didn't enlist to spread evil or oppression, but to defend my country and help others defend theirs from oppression.

Opinions naturally vary about the best way to do that, or even what evil or oppression mean, but that's the point!

Where you may see disrespect, I see honest dissent.

That's what freedom is.

Also, please bear in mind that many ATSers are not Americans, and have some pretty good reasons not to like what our country does. To the extent we don't distinguish ourselves from the oppressors they fear, we give them every reason not to like us.

Everybody has their opinions, and everybody is free to disagree.

Don't like what someone has to say? Offer your alternative viewpoint, and let it stand on its own merits.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't get any better than that.

Oh, and USA ROCKS!!!

(Keep the faith, bro)

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wow, ummm...I think you are very confused , I was in the Navy not the marines, i can still think for myself. And like i said earlier i dont agree with everything the government does, i chose to join because i love my country!!! please read the threads carefully before you post.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have to question the credibility of your comment that the attacks on the towers and the attack on the Pentagon didn't happen on the same day, because THEY DID! 9/11/01 within about a half hour of each other the attacks on the towers in New York and the Pentagon in DC and also the crash of Flt 93 in Penn. happened on the SAME DAY!

One thing you will learn about this site, you better know what you are posting about and have credible links to back you up.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ok majik im going to say to you the same thing i said to the other guy...read all the threads and maybe youll see i wasnt trying to disrespect anyone just trying to incite discussion...please read all the threads before posting!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I can't find ANYWHERE that thegeek said they didn't happen on the same day. What the heck are you guys talking about?

NEVERMIND - I finally found it.

[edit on 3-26-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I have to question the credibility of your comment that the attacks on the towers and the attack on the Pentagon didn't happen on the same day, because THEY DID! 9/11/01 within about a half hour of each other the attacks on the towers in New York and the Pentagon in DC and also the crash of Flt 93 in Penn. happened on the SAME DAY!

Your right Im sorry I was MIstaken, everyones human right? as for you please dont threaten me again, I dont take kindly to it....This is a discussion if you wish to take part in it post something usefull.

[edit on 26/3/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Hey guys,

I can't find ANYWHERE that thegeek said they didn't happen on the same day. What the heck are you guys talking about?
I did say that somewhere Valhall but i got mixed up after the barrage o f people basically saying that im a fraud. but poo to them cause they dont know me.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Right there on the first page.

Originally posted by Code_Burger

Originally posted by caseythegeek21

I was in bootcamp when the planes hit the towers, and no they didnt happen on the same day. sorry i didnt capitalize A...I was In "A" school ( my hospital corpsman school) when the pentagon crash happend.

as far as division, i was a hospital corpsman with the 3rd marine division out of camp pendleton in oceanside, Ca....do you want to question my credibility further.

No they didn't happen on the same day? I was under the impression that they did...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I finally found it.
Thanks code_burger.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I was in bootcamp when the planes hit the towers, and no they didnt happen on the same day. sorry i didnt capitalize A...I was In "A" school ( my hospital corpsman school) when the pentagon crash happend.

My advice is to end your quote of previous material before you insert your own comments.

On this site it is constructive to point out the obvious mistakes of other members, and I am not threatening you. I am getting somewhat suspicious that you are not who you say you are, or are confused to the point of distraction right now, no offense.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
thats ok, you can believe what you want, if you want to offer something towards the discussion then please do but if you dont than why bother posting in this forum at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hang on...he is contributing something to the discussion.

Look here...this is what he thinks:

I have to question the credibility of your comment that the attacks on the towers and the attack on the Pentagon didn't happen on the same day, because THEY DID! 9/11/01 within about a half hour of each other the attacks on the towers in New York and the Pentagon in DC and also the crash of Flt 93 in Penn. happened on the SAME DAY

Kind of the yin of the yang on what you think:

I think maybe if some of you had served in this war maybe you would have a different viewpoint, but you havent and you hide in front of your computerws trying to spread lies....I have taken all i can take whos with me.

It works both ways.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Casey, another issue that comes up again and again here and elsewhere is the whole plane/no plane hitting the Pentagon. You didn't see it happen so you can't say for sure. It appears something hit the Pentagon but what that something is has never been resolved beyond a reasonable doubt. Many independent experts have offered opinions --- based upon the photos of the aftermath and the official story --- that question the credibility of that story. There exists security camera footage from several sources that show the flight approach path. From all of those the gov't has seen fit to release just five frames.

The alleged pilot of that plane executed maneuvers that experienced 757 pilots, ex military pilots, the flight instructor familiar with the pilot and others say is way beyond the capabilities of that pilot. As a pilot myself I'll tell you that what he allegedly pulled off was off-the-charts as far as skill goes.

As I said in my earlier post, therer is something here that just doesn't add up. We owe it to ourselves to get to the bottom of it. No matter where that may lead.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by caseythegeek21

I have a hard time dealing with the disrespect of some of these threads, I am a veteran...

i salute you,

but characterizing some threads as 'disrespectful' excapes me.
different folks have different 'takes' on the evidence and come to
contrary conclusions.

being an Armed Forces Veteran myself, is only a part of the "Dues"
that one pays...sitting on Jury Duty is another enlightning experience.

just as one person could say some responses to your thread were
a 'gentle reproach'
another person could say some thread replies were careful 'admonishment'
still another could view some replies as heartfelt 'concern' w/ guidance
Any of these appraisals might very well be true & concise
or they might only be politically correct jargon,

welcome aboard

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think your right, but i dont think people should question the credibility of others when they have no idea of who they are or what they do. I would be more careful lin that aspect, but i do like the contributions that talk about the events...that holds relevancy. lets not get off track people and focus on the reason i posted the thread in the first place, but i appreciate the input from evryone.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I want the truth to come out and be known by all, that is the only reason I post to this board. I welcome you here on this forum and wherever else you choose to post on this site.

I am not threatening you, just offering advice.

Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
As I said in my earlier post, therer is something here that just doesn't add up. We owe it to ourselves to get to the bottom of it. No matter where that may lead.

I do think that the subject needs to be investigate further, I havent found enough info on the net to disprove it, but i will continue to search...yes something did hit the pentagon, but plane bomb, whatever something did happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Casey you lost all credibility with me when you blew such an important fact about the occurrence of the pentagon and 9/11.

Everything you say from here on out will be filtered by that glaring mistake.

That's just the way is is.

Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No disrespect to you icarus, Im sure well have many good discussions later, you seem like a very insightful person.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Welcome casey. The title of your thread got me interested. But, after reading your comments, while I do sympathize with what you are saying, I have to wonder about the simplicity of your worldview.

It has been said that when fascism comes to the U.S., it will look absolutely patriotic and be wrapped in red white and blue. I believe this is true, and there are forces who are trying to push "Americanism" into this sort of fascist wrapper. Fascism is based on coporations ruling the people, disallowing them to get jobs, etc. You don't see corporations having more rights than humans these days? Try asking the gov't for a bailout when you spend too much money.

You are treading a well-worn path of patritotism, but did you really examine that path? The reason I ask is because I believe that the leaders of the U.S. KNOW that patriots like you will want to walk that patriot path, and they have purposefully paved that path off a cliff.

You think you've got 9/11 figured out, eh? How in the heck can you possibly have done that when so much evidence and testimony is still sealed? I would like to know how much time you've spent in any of the fine 9/11 threads here. If you don't come out of them with questions, you aren't reading them slowly enough.

Anyway, I fail to see joining the military and getting wounded as the end-all-be-all proof of one's patriotism. The INFORMED patriot doesn't have such a simplistic view of America, nor do they have such a blind faith in the administrators of America. The INFORMED patriot might even tell his child to stay away from school-based recruiters and other agents who prey on the young and misinformed. The INFORMED patriot defends his own country before trying to join some fake effort to improve another country.

So now if Pvt. Guiterrez gets ambushed by a recruiter, shipped on a plane to Iraq and gets wounded, does that make him more of a patriot than me? No. It makes him a tool, in a lot of ways. Even if his intentions were good. He should have read more books (or ATS threads...)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join