Hacker suspect says his PC was hijacked

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What do you guys think? Someone getting busted because thier computer was hit with a zombie trojan?

If this is true, its rather scary what someone can do with your comp if your not watching...

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- An English teenager, charged with hacking in and crippling a U.S. seaport's computer navigation system, told a court on Friday his PC was hijacked by hackers posing as him.

Aaron Caffrey, 19, from Dorset, southwest England, was charged last year under the 1990 Computer Misuse Act and accused of unleashing a flood of data capable of knocking computers offline on a Houston, Texas, seaport in September 2001. He denies the charges.

Caffrey is accused of triggering the paralyzing data blast on a vital computer server used to coordinate ship movements in the Houston port -- the sixth biggest shipping port in the world, the court heard this week.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
if the cops that looked and found that his pc was "very" un secure"

then he sure wasnt a hacker, i beleave him

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is scary. Having an outsider hijack your PC and use it to hack into other things is freaky. Damn, now our own PC's aren't even just for us anymore. That's why you are reminded to download Windows Updates to protect yourself! I do it everytime a new update is released! I recommend you all do the same...
windowsupdate.microsoft.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i keep mine buttend down head to toe

iv been getting scanned at least 4 times a day,

i realy starting to think my IP is posted on some hackerz board i somthing,

but i realy feel sorry for them seeing that there going to get there ISP token away hehe

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Very possible with all the trojans floating around out there....but you think maybe he would have protected his system a bit more if he had any bit of computer knowledge.

join