It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you with tattoos...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think piercing and female genital mutilation are really neat. I have a Heidelberg dueling scar on my cheek.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Capone
I think piercing and female genital mutilation are really neat. I have a Heidelberg dueling scar on my cheek.

may mjolnir drive a spike through your genitalia. really neat.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I have a few tat's and dont regret getting them either.

got my 1st one when I was 15 yrs old, and am hoping to get another one before xmas as well.

think that will be 4, or is it more?

blackwidow

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Call me paranoid but tattoo's are easily identifiable marks. Hence I have never got one.

Who knows when in the future those in control will crack down hard on anyone trying to 'Deny Ignorance'.

As someone else pointed out tat's, piercing and being chipped will no doubt be the next cool thing - I believe the Christian Bible and others talk of a time when everyone will be marked and only those who are not will attain true freedom.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've seen what happens to tattoos, on old people... Eventually, it's just a colored blob of skin... No thanks... If there was a way to get them and they wouldn't eventually blur, I might consider it...but not as I know of them currently...

As a man of double standards though...
...I have no problem with a small tattoo on my girlfriend, or if she pierces her belly button...that'd be ok... A pierced tongue would be cool (for reasons that most guys know...
) but I don't like the look of it too much...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Quite happy with mine. Had it five or six years now and I've definitely no regrets. Oh, it's a stylised Eye of Horus on my right arm, just below the shoulder

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's a good topic, since I'm planning to get tatooed too... But I'm hesitating, I'm not sure, there's a lot of prejudice about tatoos who can be nuisance for my works or other things like that...

Some one got pictures or logos of their tatoos ?

I'm truly interested to see because I'm not sure if what I want is possible, maybe some one can tell me ?

I want to get tatooed this on my "right" arm/biceps.

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by Salem]

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by Salem]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't see why that couldn't be a tattoo....

Nice choice...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't regret mine, though most people find the meaning of it stupid. I have a bar code of fairly large (about 1.5"x2") on my right calf. A few lines are done with enough imperfection that it won't read with any scanner I've tried. I did my barcode to beat the government to marking me. I chose to mark myself first.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't have any impressive tats, just a pyramid on my wrist.

I have my nipples pierced, my lip and tounge, and both ears and the cartlidge on my left ear.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I don't see why that couldn't be a tattoo....

Nice choice...

Thanks but the problem is that there's a lot of details... wich may be difficult to make.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've seen some far more detailed.... not to mention, it's a matter of size of the tattoo also...

If the image is actual size, yes, that's pretty detailed, and would have to be done by someone pretty good... If even increased 50% though, becomes a much more do-able design....

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Two here. Both shoulders. Celtic cross with a rose growing through it (In memory of my mother) and the other is a skull surrounded in flames.

Gaz: Both of mine are over twenty years old and have not lost any detail at all. The only thing I have noticed is the yellows tend to fade after about ten years.
Very important to use sunblock on Tats

Oh, and piercings. Eight, six in the left ear and two in the right. Only use two in the left these days.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well you're probably right, any way I'm going to go to Montreal this winter to get it tatooed by a professionnal, he better to not miss ! Other wise he'll get my foot in his butt.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have 17 tats, don't regret any of them.

A baphomet spanning my back , horns curling over my shoulders.
A norse dragon piece on my right arm, with a tail that wraps around my arm twice, to my elbow.
I have violin f-holes on each of my wrists.
on my left arm i have a half sleevecomposed of basically 8 tats, my favorite one being a rather detailed representation of an 18th century painting of odin.
I have a few more, but they're personal, dealing with family.

I'm glad i'm a writer, otherwise i'd be in need of a great deal of cosmetic makeup.

Oh yeah. i also had 4 piercings in my left eyebrow, but they were ripped out in a pointless barfight.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Gaz: Both of mine are over twenty years old and have not lost any detail at all. The only thing I have noticed is the yellows tend to fade after about ten years.

Sure, but what about after 40 years???

Good point on the sunblock... Though I don't have tattoos myself, most of those I know do...so I'm pretty familiar with it, as I looked into getting them before (to the point of having it picked out and the day picked...) Then I saw a friend's grandpa who had an old marine tattoo, and it just looked like a blob... I thought twice about the permanency of it at that point, and decided against it...

Modern surgery can always take it off though, so who knows...maybe I'll get one sometime...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Those old military Tats were done with indian ink. The same stuff prison tats are done in. You are lucky if it lasts five years.
The new inks are much better. I don't know about 40 years since I don't think the new stuff has been out that long.
I'm actually considering an overlay on my skull to a better design but I need to get the artwork from a Dead World comic from the mid 80's that I can't seem to find anymore

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Would be interesting to do an ATS political breakdown and see how it works out vs. the one in the article.

The only breakdown I see so far is that only 2 Mods have or admit to having ink. There's a conspiracy here I tell ya!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join