It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Man-made Tornado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Would it be possible to create a mini-tornado in a labrotory setting? The conditions are now known which are needed to produce a tornado in nature. So shouldnt they be able to be reproduced in a lab?

If this could be done, then I believe that this could be part of the answer to the energy crisis. These mini-tornados could be used to power genertors, and it would be a safe alternative to fossil fuels, or nuclear power plants that have the danger of meltdown.

So, any thoughts about whether this would work or not?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think it would depend on how you created the tornado and the means of harvesting the energy.

If it takes more energy to create it than it produces it obviously wouldn't be worth it.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You can see a working model of this at the Nation Georgraphic Institute in Washington D.C. I do not know the specifics of how a manmade tornado functions, however it involves fans spinning in opposite directions, one about 15 feet above the other.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I do not know the specifics of how a manmade tornado functions, however it involves fans spinning in opposite directions, one about 15 feet above the other.

Do you know if they have been able to create lightning using temperature and pressure?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lightining can be created right at home. All lightining is is an atmospheric dischare into the ground. One can achieve this by building up electricity (i.e. rubbing feet on a carpet in socks) and discharging between a grounded surface. Technically speaking this is lightining.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaimaison
Do you know if they have been able to create lightning using temperature and pressure?

Here's a good method for 'making' lightning, makes you wonder what Old Ben Franklin was really up to with his kite and key trick.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Lightning isn't really all that hard to create, it is a static discharge, and you can actually make your own lightning by raking your fingers across a blanket on a cool dry night.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown agent
Would it be possible to create a mini-tornado in a labrotory setting? The conditions are now known which are needed to produce a tornado in nature. So shouldnt they be able to be reproduced in a lab?

Been done. Some even propose to use this for energy production.

www.vortexengine.ca...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666

Originally posted by unknown agent

Been done. Some even propose to use this for energy production.

www.vortexengine.ca...

thats pretty awesome. its good i wasnt the only to think this could work for energy production, i thought i didnt know what i was talking about there for a second (i probably really dont :lol
. but that atmospheric vortex engine looks really awesome.

i was also thinking that they could be used for military purposes as well, if they could somehow be created and deployed outside of the lab. but i dont think thats too likely

new topics

top topics

join