It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do any ats members actually not believe in aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
sorry not until I see really definitive proof, however I definately allow speculation in my beliefs for it....

on the other hand, I firmly believe in a creation power (God, Allah, Jehova, Om....?) and supernatural beings, and that there are good beings and evil beings, probably balanced equally...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I'm curious did you even read the analogy I used in my last post? In light of what you are saying I think you should comment on my analogy so we can actually make progress, as it is directly related to what you're saying.

I just don't think aliens would make half contact. They'd either do it secretly so no one would know, or completly obvious and just attack us, take us for slaves, experiment etc. My assumption is no different to your assumption that aliens wouldn't act in neccesarily those two ways.

Umm...I never once said you should believe me 100%. Nor did I ever once say you shouldn't approach this subject with skepticism...

So why wouldn't i believe you 100%. Do you have doubts as to what happened?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree with Sensfan. Although I believe that there is almost certainly intelligent life elsewhere (given recent discoveries which certainly tilt the variables in the Drake equation that way) I don't see any hard evidence that Spaceship Guys have ever visited our Earth.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

do any ats members actually not believe in aliens?

Sure, you've no doubt heard from some by now...

ive been thinking, seeing how ats revolves around ufos and aliens, who here honestly does not believe in aliens?

ATS revolves around conspiracies...aliens are but one of MANY areas...

why do you think they dont exist?

Answering for others....no hard physical proof.

i hope non believers understand that it is impossible for humans to be the only form of life in our galaxy, nevermind the universe considering the trillions of suns in the universe capable of supporting life on other planets...
your thoughts?

It isn't impossible we're the only sentient life, just improbable. Also, many don't even doubt the existence of intelligent life outside Earth, they just feel it hasn't devised a way to visit us when light years away, etc. They want to see proof. Personally, I think there is ample evidence to suspect we are being visited, especially given the exponential technology curve we've experienced, just in the last 200 years....

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I just don't think aliens would make half contact.

Assuming they are trying to make "contact"...

Entertain the possibility they are simply taking people. And for whatever reason they usually return the abductees.

You say why then do they not just attack us and abduct us all. Well now we are speculating motives of a different and possibly more advanced alien species. I don't know why they wouldn't do that. I dont know why they returned me to my house. Maybe it's an experiment? Maybe they are feeding on us and they figure "why keep all the humans on our ships when we can keep them in their cages". I don't know what to tell you, I simply don't know.

They'd either do it secretly so no one would know, or completly obvious and just attack us, take us for slaves, experiment etc.

Why? Why does it have to be those two scenarios? Are you a Certified Galactic Xenopsychologist that you would know the only possible motives an alien species would have? Again, did you read my analogy and did you understand the point I was getting at? If not lemme know and I will clarify.

My assumption is no different to your assumption that aliens wouldn't act in neccesarily those two ways.

But my "assumption" is different, whether you believe it or not, because I have direct experience. Still, I concede any thoughts I have on their motives is indeed an assumption. The only thing im certain of is my abduction experience.

So why wouldn't i believe you 100%. Do you have doubts as to what happened?

Please don't twist my words. I was merley replying to this:

then why are we sitting here listening to these stories and merely supposed to take them in as 100% truth just because 'you say so'

I never "said so".

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well, if they do exist, I believe they are demons. If they don't (which is unlikely), then we have people either lying, seeing or just "imagining" things globally...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted by blackSt33L: “That’s what people want. Hard proof evidence.

I misread your post, BS33L. I thought you were asking a question. It seems you were making a statement. I was born a skeptic. I am loathe to believe anything I cannot feel and touch. All the more when the assertion contradicts my own life experiences. That was my point.

. . That’s always the case . . it is not reasonable to doubt something in existence. There are some things in this world that do exist. It is up to the people to decide what they believe and what they don’t. The Betty and Barny Hill abduction set the stage for this major phenomena. How do you explain abduction in rural areas where people report exact descriptions of UFO`s and aliens beings. You cannot lie in hypnosis, neither can you imagine it. This major incident In 1952 Washington, DC. You tell me right now these objects were air balloons.

I guess I’m older than you, BS33L. I’ve seen a lot of things come and go. In fact, one time, in the spring of 1955, I was assigned to Detachment G, 15th AISS at McGhee-Tyson AFB, near Knoxville TN. The AISS - Air Intelligence Service Squadron, Brooks AFB, TX - had been assigned to work on Project Blue Book. I was to be the 7th person of Detachment G. 1 officer, 6 enlisted men.

Detach G was divided into 3 teams of 2 men each. We were briefed how to interview people who made UFO reports, in the eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina area. It turned out I had been mis-assigned; I ended up at Loring AFB, Limestone, ME. Though it was discovered at once that I was not the person they wanted, you don’t sit around in the USAF. While awaiting further travel orders, I was sent on one interview in NC.

To wrap this up, my partner and I visited an older man and his wife who lived 2 miles from a small town. Our background interviews revealed both were well regarded in their community, known for truth and veracity. We interviewed them separately. They were convinced they had seen a “strange sight” which they described as lights hovering just over the treetops about 300 yards from their house. And etc. My conclusions? Not a fabrication, but a mutually reinforced hysterical reaction to some unusual astronomical phenomenon. A number was assigned to the report, the papers were filed, and I got my travel orders. What a boring job.

(1) If you don’t believe in abductions and UFO sightings, what are you doing here? (2) Are you prepared to tell the members here who have been abducted that they are imagining all this? (3) Do you really believe that your going to change everyone with evidence you have provided in the last thread? (4) What difference have you made? (5) And I really question how you could in a realistic sense expect to gain from this? by blackSt33L [Edited by Don W]

(1) See my lengthy explanation just above.
(2) I was surprised people still “believe” in the paranormal.
(3) No.
(4) I wouldn’t know the answer to that.
(5) Frankly, BS33L, you sound a lot like the Inquisitor General of the Spanish Inquisition must have sounded when applying for his job.

[edit on 3/26/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Assuming they are trying to make "contact"...

Well abducting would count as ''contact''.

I dont know why they returned me to my house. Maybe it's an experiment? Maybe they are feeding on us and they figure "why keep all the humans on our ships when we can keep them in their cages".

Put us back in our cage so we can talk about our experiences? That's hardly logical. It's like they're holding up a big 'hello' sign with all these so called abductions, yet at the same time won't open the door and say 'hello'. Why don't they open that door rather than beat around the bush. The reason why is because nothings there.

But my "assumption" is different, whether you believe it or not, because I have direct experience. Still, I concede any thoughts I have on their motives is indeed an assumption. The only thing im certain of is my abduction experience.

Exactly you're 'certain' of your abduction. How can anyone possibly have a conversation with you when your mind is already made up.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I do not believe in aliens the way most do. I believe aliens are interdimensional beings that are of a demonic nature. I believe they are the fallen stars of revelation. 1/3 of the stars of heaven fell and were decieved by the serpent.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich34
I do not believe in aliens the way most do. I believe aliens are interdimensional beings that are of a demonic nature. I believe they are the fallen stars of revelation. 1/3 of the stars of heaven fell and were decieved by the serpent.

My thoughts exactly. They are the "Nephilim" if you will...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Out of all the millions of varieties of life on earth, we are the only ones we know of that are "intelligent".
It’s possible there is life out there, but intelligent life seems a bit of a stretch.
Yea, I know the drake equation and the statistics all say there should be ET’s out there, but statistics will also tell you communism works. There’s just too many outside variables that the statistics don’t capture. I believe it’s possible there is life out there, but it has never visited us.

The Van Allen belt for example shields us from the sun’s harmful radiation.
Part of the main reason conspiracy theorists don’t believe in the moon landing is that it would take 4 feet of lead to shield you from that radiation outside of the belt.
To transverse the galaxy would require a massive, well shielded vessel capable of faster than light travel.

The problem with slower than light travel, is that it takes too long to get anywhere. At speeds close to the speed of light traveling for a few minutes out and a few minutes back would pass several hundred years to the outside universe via time-dilation.
The only effective method to travel such massive distances is to “fold space” or travel via subspace or another “extra dimension”.

Beings capable of this level of technology would be capable of rather awesome weapons, technology and, I’m sure, would implement some form of self destruct in their ships incase some ever crashed into a desert on a planet that was inhabited.

That said, if the auto destruct were to fail and the ship crash anyways, don’t you think that we’d have a lot cooler technology than a transistor?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Imagine a human on some sort of safari embarks on the task of taking a baby elephant away from the herd.

At this point does it matter if the human left any "evidence"?

I remember something I saw, either on PBS/Nature or Animal Planet, about yet-another camera crew in Africa. The animals there have it figured out. They ignore vehicles and the occupants completely now. But, if a human steps out of the vehicle, they either (a) run away, or (b) move in for a quick meal. The lions, especially, would jump to their feet and begin group stalking if even one foot met the ground. Really cool.

You see, these 'dumb' animals have a working and testable theory about the Unidentified Moving Objects invading their space. That's more than we advanced humans have. We have no workable theory, no way to predict anything constructive about our Unidentified Objects.

So, maybe our current theories are wrong and its time for a fresh look at the evidence.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
why do i think thay dont exist? because thay are us and we are them,
or atleast a product of them..
if not we all
would be born wearing fur coats!!. not skin....

[edit on 26-3-2006 by spector]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
First, I don't believe all of ATS revolves around UFOs. If it did, I and alot others wouldn't visit much.

I personally do not believe we are being visited by aliens. I have this belief because I have yet to be presented with real evidence to the contrary.

When you think about the actual improbability of life developing on other planets, let alone a near planet. That life evolving into intelligent beings before their sun blew up, planet being struck by a large meteor or some other mass extintion causing disaster. Then managing to not wipe themselves out once they reached the same stage of developement as we are currently in (nukes, bio weapons and such). Then develope interstellar travel and besides all of that, amazingly enough, be physically similiar to us. Highly unlikely. I would believe in intelligent 6 legged blobs of some sort more than "greys". I would expect the living Universe to be more diverse than the room I'm sitting in now. I have a four legged hairy beast at my feat. Next to me is winged, feather covered beast with a beak instead of a mouth. There's some tiny strange 8 legged creature spinning some substance on my ceiling. I hope it means me no harm. That's just the things I see without a close inspection. We all know it varies a great deal more than that right here on our own planet. Believing in humanoids visiting us from light years away is egocentric.

I think it is slightly possible that life may have formed on another planet somewhere but the chances of them making it here are highly improbable. You gotta realize just how lucky you are to exist right now. How unlikely it is for life to last long enough to evolve into intelligent societies and gain the intelligence to leave their own gallaxy and find ours. If there is other life, we might be the most advanced.

People believe in Aliens because they choose to. That's their right. More power to them. I always get a laugh when some UFO beleiver makes fun of a religous person. Belief in a God requires faith because of a real lack of much evidence to prove his existance but at the same time they don't see the similiarities in their own belief in aliens. Someone seeing Jesus in a potato chip is no different than someone seeing an alien spacecraft in a blurry picture of a bird. Both requires faith. Both have a belief system already in place. I say good for them. Who am I tell them differently. Just don't expect me to go against my own beliefs and see what isn't there.

Problem is as I said, belief in UFOs requires faith and has evolved into a religion for many people. If you don't believe, you will most likely be the recipient of the same attitude and abuse you would get from a Christian or Muslim or whatever.... once they decide you are a heretic. Amazingly enough you will be called names like bozo and your intelligence will be questioned.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The occurance of abductions doesn't prove the existance of ETs, just the existance of people in the widest sense who have a motive, the capability AND, most important wrt this discussion, a way to make people believe it were the Aliens.

Just like cattle mutilations, which i find hard to doubt, personally, since there's just too much material and it's so bizarre i don't think it would spread naturally as an urban legend, this is probably REAL, but scale, method and surroundings all point towards terrestrian causes.

PS: i still believe that ETs exist and visit/ed this planet, but for very different reasons

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
The occurance of abductions doesn't prove the existance of ETs, just the existance of people in the widest sense who have a motive, the capability AND, most important wrt this discussion, a way to make people believe it were the Aliens.

how do you explain back in the day when cows were being mutilated in farmers feilds? how do you explain tiny chips that were extracted from abductees after their ordeal? i cant rememeber the website but ill find a similar one and post it when i do... there were items extracteed from abductees, some less than one milimeter wide. im sure some of you heard about these sites? simon says ailens exist!

www.simonsays.com...

"I introduce the "alien DNA paradigm". "Hair of the alien? This
is no bizarre variant of a "hangover cure" for UFO obssessions.
But it may provide a "cure" for the lack of physical evidence
that has plagued alien abduction research for the past four
decades. What we are dealing with here is a fundamental
refocusing of our perceptions of alien reality." ("Hair of the
Alien"
www.virtuallystrange.net...

convinced yet?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hello all, I am a long time reader, but first time poster. My personal belief is that to have an open mind means that your open to the POSSIBLILITY (weather huge or slim) of something existing that is unknown. The same holds true of the POSSIBILITY of something not existing or not possible. My only question, for thought, is that on the alien/ufo topic...If you believe in the possibility that aliens/ufos dont exist on the basis of no hard proof has been seen or experienced by you, then do you believe in the possibility that god doesnt exist for the EXACT SAME REASONS? The bible isnt ABSOLUTE proof, is it?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Actually, we are so primitive that if you were to compare us to an alien civilization that its advancement is mediocre, it would be like comparing amoebas(us) to 22nd century mankind(them).

We can't even begin to comprehend what's out there let alone what's going on around us. Humans can't even fully explain magnetism or gravity.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Although i believe in aliens i don't believe they can visit Earth...yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
finally i found some implant websites! hows this for a little evidence? anybody wanna explain who or what and why they put those funny looking implants in those people? clearly humans are being abducted by aliens which means they must exist.

www.qsl.net...

www.abduct.com...

"The abduction phenomenon has taken center stage, when it comes to UFO discussions. But few researchers have delved into the subject as Melinda Leslie, who takes it a step further. Quoting Budd Hopkins, "The heart of UFO investigations, is abduction" Melinda takes this quote a bit farther. She states "As a researcher; when one goes to investigate abductions, there are always walls... information missing, unavailable, or even tampered with or removed. This would lead one to believe that a cover-up is at work. And what is at the heart of a cover-up? It points only to one conclusion the government, using a body of the military to do its work." or in some cases a civilians body.

anw.com...

does anyone happen to have evidence that aliens dont exist? i havent seen any.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join