It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding Our Minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, and I'd like to say hi and I'm glad to be here. Anyway back on to the point. I've been really interested lately in a certain subject, that subject being the ability to gain old abilities lost in our modern day world. Let me explain in a clearer fashion. I wonder if it's possible for the Human Race to gain back some lost abilities, through medical science. I don't know what those abilities would be, but I think they would be predatory abilities. Increased hearing, sight, and physical abilities. Comment on this subject, and whether or not you think it's possible to do this.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by DarK1217]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't think our ancestors had any perfectly honed senses. We were always an average race which is why we are so adaptible. We haven't sacrificed strength for speed or vice versa, for example.
I think the idea of a hulking neanderthal man comes from the fact that they would have been hard lived from a young age. They would have to fight for survival.

We could however get back alot of that lost hair!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't think bilities can be gotten back via science.

Instincts and common sense are among the most vital things that people have lost and neither can be taught nor can a deficiency be replaced.

Unfortunately, or not I suppose, people without common sense or instincts still seems to manage or others manage for them. It's only the folks who still retain that natural, instinctual, intelligence that even notice it's missing from today's modern society.

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
IMHO, levitation was used to bulid the pyramid of Cheops and the lines of Nazca, plus whatever else?
These were 'used' at one time, but we seem to have lots all those abilities, perhaps bred out of them?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think through different forms of surgery we can highten our olfactory senses, like sight smell taste hearing, but that would be the limit, I mean if modern medical science can make a blind man see again then we might be able to highten smell and hearing and vision. As for other things like strength and speed, i would suggest going to the gym, it works wonders.....

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I can see it being feesable in the near future, but only the rich minority will have access to these medical break-throughs. Who know maybe these procedures could be going on right now, without the majority of the population having any clue of it happening. It takes a little common sense and watching alot of discovery channel to put 1 and 1 together. I know for a fact that they have create a new type of biological muscle tissue, but it is 15 times more resiliant than our normal muscle tissue. It also had strength benifits too. In the end all i'm saying is that it will happen, if we are still alive to benefit when it happens, is yet to be seen.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
TantricWolf has hit the nail on the head here

We are spiritual creatures, not predatory. It would be cool, no doubt, but the spirit can make you even better. I'm 130 kilos, I can't do ONE body-pull-up, but I can get over a 3 meter tall boom in 4 seconds anyway. It's all about pivot points and intelligence. Problemsolving oriented abilities, etc. The brain is the greatest tool. With it, you can do anything.

If you want to be "supernaturally cool", check out eastern martial arts, learn about what's it called.. the chakras, yoga-push ups, and train your stamina because strength is nothing without staying power, and with martial arts even the smallest people can tackle the biggest.

But like one guy on this forum says in his signature, "A great warrior can turn anything into a weapon, but a great MAN can defeat all opponents with no weapon".

Frink out

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont think imporving the senses is already here with out technology of hearing aids and contacts, not saying it might not improve, but i be its better than what they had. One thing i think of sometime that they had better than us was memory. They could remeber things more easily because they were forced to. Ecspecialy before written language. They had to remeber things since they could write it down or type it up. Thats probably the only thing I can think of. well hope u get some good responses on this one, cya.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ever try roughing it with a week long mountain trail hike? After 2 nights, you do start to awken some of the sense that I think you must purposefully ignore during your daily modern life.

new topics

top topics

join