It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island and the Masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Masons linked to Oak Island "money pit". I know this is not a new topic per se, just trying to get some discussion going as to how the two giant boulders with the tradtiional masonic "G" and compass got to the island, and their significance. I tend to shy away from the theory that the pit is part of some elaborate scheme to hie the holy grail. So i'm wondering why whoever build this contraption on the island did so, and reasons for its existence.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Glad you posted this.

I'm hoping for someone with ideas on how it was done, given the time period.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Got me, i had never heard of this before now. but it sounds really interesting and worth looking into. is there anyway you could get some pics and post them...maybe that would provide some sort of clue as to this mystery.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are a few books written on the subject ( Steven Sora is one author) and a long list of well known people that have searched the pit. There is proof that the Knights Templar inhabited the coast, and legendary stories from the Mic Mac Indians of the area. Perhaps something was once buried there years ago, but I doubt it is still there. The Holy Grail is in a safe place and not in the pit.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I read a few weeks ago the island is for sale. 7 million if I remember correctly.

It was in a Yahoo News story.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see the list of buyers. You can bet there are lots of people that still think they can figure out the well-engineered pit. I have read stories of ancient coins found on the Island as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The more I looked into the Money pit the more I became convinced this was not the work of any mere pirates, The pit is a marvel of engineering.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There is many stories around this part of the world about who and why the pit was built but like ShadowXIX said it is an engineering marvel. People have been digging out there for a couple hundred years trying to figure what, if anything, is buried there but all our modern techonolgy has been thawrted to date.
There was a story on CBC radio about the island being sold. I thought the price was more than 7 mil. but either way they had lots of people interested in buying it but the price was too high.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
what is this "pit" exactly. Can you tell us more about it? What makes it an engeneering spectical? pictures would be nice too...and where is oak island anyways?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
When I was a kid, the money pit fascinated me. I read about it in one of those 'unsolved mysteries' books. Hadn't really thought about it until I read this post. Is it a strange enigma loaded with treasure? Or a marvellous hoax? What, if any, Masonic allegories could be linked to this strange hole?

Here are some links:What Lies at the bottom of the Money Pit?

Secrets of Oak Island (attempts to create a Masonic connection)

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
what is this "pit" exactly. Can you tell us more about it? What makes it an engeneering spectical? pictures would be nice too...and where is oak island anyways?

Oak Island is about 30 miles from Halifax, NS, Canada. I think the "pit" reference is due to the millions that have been spent there with no return.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123

Well theres alot more to the pit then just the pit itself, like for example a Artificial Beach apears to have been created during its construction .

Oak Island is located off the south shore of Nova Scotia, Canada.

When people dug down too deep they hit the " booby trap" These where artifical flood channels craved into the earth that connected to the sea. If you dug down too deep and didnt know about these you would unplug them letting the ocean rush into the pit.

Thats exactly what happened and the pit flooded over night.

link

They tried in vain to plug these up and in trying to follow their path, This find lead to an amazing discovery - the beach of Smiths cove was artificial

Smith's Cove

It turns out that the pit designers had created a drain system, spread over a 145 foot length of beach, which resembled the fingers of a hand. Each finger was a channel dug into the clay under the beach and lined by rocks. The channels were then filled with beach rocks, covered with several inches of eel grass, and then covered by several more inches of coconut fiber . The effect of this filtering system was that the channels remained clear of silt and sand while water was still allowed to flow along them. The fingers met at a point inland where they fed sea water into a sloping channel which eventually joined the Money Pit some 500 feet away. Later investigations showed this underground channel to have been 4 feet wide, 2 1/2 feet high, lined with stone, and meeting the Money Pit between the depths of 95 to 110 feet.

coconut fiber is of interest aspect because coconut grow nowhere near Canada, these had to have brought from tropical regions.

The people that built the money pit had to dam off that whole section of the Island to build this tunnel system. The remains of this older dam were discoverd when the Truro Company having discovered the tunnel systems on that side of the island tried to build their own dam. They built a dam and started destroying the channel system but a storm wrecked their dam and they gave up.

This wouldnt have worked anyway since they soon discovered a second flood channel going to the other side of the Island on the South Shore Cove.

There has been a bunch of evidence to suggest underground chambers lower down and the only objects brought to the surface thanks to drill holes give hints of treasure below. One brought up three links of gold chain and another after hitting and going through a cement vault brought up a small peice of of sheepskin parchment with writing on either with the letters "vi"; "ui"; or "wi";

link

link

So many modern companies have spent large amounts of money and thrown modern tech at the money pit all to fail time and time again.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
oh ok so this "pit" is really a big hole then?

So what happens when they use modern Tech. to look down under the sand? Has that even been attempted?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I dont know of anyone that used Ground penetrating radar or even if that would work at some of these depths.

Most people tried to dig holes parallel to the pit and break through but these have all been flooded. A bunch of people have even died doing this type of work. The island is dotted with Test drill holes, These are tiny but do suggest where underground channels and chambers are located.

Modern pumps have been mostly useless because your pretty much trying to drain the ocean which aint going to happen.

The only real way to do it would be to locate and destroy all the underground channels and then pump out the water left in the pit. The Truro Company was the last to make a real attempt at this when they dammed off Smiths cove and started destroying the channels there. They would also have do pretty much the same thing on south shore cove and any other channels.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wow. I had no idea about this structure. Truly mindboggling. Exactly the kind of thing which enthralls my attention (even as an adult).

Thanks for the links!!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks for good posts ShadowXIX and Beelzebubba.

I too find it mind boggling that anyone would go to such an extent,i can not imagine anyone going to such extremes to hide their stash and fully understand why people would spend such amounts to try and find out whats down there,like everyone else this is one mystery i hope is solved before i`m gone.

This is one mystery that can be solved imo and baffles me why the super rich dont get involved, even if at the end they only discover it was made by a very smart dog burying his favorite bone at least it`d be solved.I dont think the Canadian Gov or anything legal is holding searcher`s back like the supposed vaults under the Sphinx,so come on Gates and the like your pocket change would allow us to take off these suspenders or something like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Franklin D. Roosevelt went in with some investors to try and salvage the treasure, but came up empty. There is a long list of people going back several hundred years. No one has been successful. I was wondering if there are tours over on the Island. It would be interesting to see it.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Someone mentioned the Island went up for sale. Im not caught up on that but the guy that would be selling it and owned it for many years didnt really like people going there.

You needed his special permission to even set foot on the Island and he use to charge some hefty fees for anyone wanting to dig. So I dont know if they ever had any tours.

Plus the Island is pretty dangerous open pits and holes everwhere dotted across the whole Island. Its actually hard to tell were the orginal money pit is anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by declair
There is proof that the Knights Templar inhabited the coast,

Such as what?

but all our modern techonolgy has been thawrted to date

Thwarted, or working perfectly? Its entirely possible that there is nothing there at all. The only thing that I am aware of that is really fascinating about the pit, besides the depth, is the idea that there was a 'boobytrap', in that when they reached a certain level, they effectively opened a channel to the water nearby, and flooded the pit.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The paranormal and conspiracy radio show, "Out There", did a great episode on the Oak Island Money Pit and the templar/masonic connections.
This is the link for the podcasts of the show. You'd drag and drop the link into whatever you are using for podcasts. Its " Episode 4: 13 Templars on a Dead Man's Chest "
wuog.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join