Be nice day

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ok then everyone, theres incredible amounts of hostility in the mud pit but i think we should maybe take at least one post in order to say a nice thing, furthermore it will probably lower the collective blood pressures.

I'll start off...
Republicans are good because they're not afraid of speaking their minds on issues.

They also hold badass BBQ's

Ok, which side is going to be big enough to start saying at least one nice thing. No flaming allowed.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'll play along but don't start thinking that I like you all of a sudden.

Democrats are good people because they care about the plight society's most vulnerable people.

They also are very accepting of people that are 'different.'

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Good Luck trying to get Colonel to say something nice about Republicans.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
LOL!

I know and that is the whole point of it all isn't it?

well I have to give Nerdling some credit here where it is due.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
democrats are nice people because they care about peoples intreset!
AH
AH
AH

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Democrats are good people because they care about the plight society's most vulnerable people.

I cannot lie. THERE IS ABSOULUTELY NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THE SPAWNS OF SATAN WHICH ARE REPUGNANTS.

But, notice what repugnants say about democrats and liberals?

"Democrats are good people because they care about the plight society's most vulnerable people.

They also are very accepting of people that are 'different."

Hence, you know where I stand.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Republicans help other people.... they make democrats look really good
"oh look at those republicans! compared to them democrats are a gift from heaven!"

Thats nice, right? Helping other people....

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

LMAO damn! So many hostilities going on here! Both sides are constantly at each others throat. Good thing this forum was created. lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Being that although I'll prolly sign up as a democrat when i get to be 18, I have no real political affiliation, I'm gonna say something "nice" about both sides.

Republicans are good at annoying democrats.
Democrats are good at annoying republicans.

There you go, Colonel... that's surely something nice you could say about republicans.

Sorry to sound mean, but this topic is kinda pointless. The entire point of this forum is to be a flame-pit. "Be nice day" is just another way to get people flaming each other... more.

Verdict: POINTLESS.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In the words of David Eddings -

"grat isnt nice"

LOL

For those i havnt tackled with I am nice

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
referring to the previous posts in which the oroginal intent was lost.....

This is why world peace will never work. Isn't it marvelous? Nothing meant to keep things calm will last, be it well thought, or ill-conceived.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Peace well founded is based upon respect of the partys brought to the table.

In the case of the Colonel respect is lost on him snd patience tried .

sorry dark but i have lost patience with an individual like that - much as i might like to hear their opinions.

However as a negotiator i would like to see how you resolve issues like this.

And fair play to you - a be nice day is a great idea.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In the role of negotiator, one has an interesting position not taught by modern society. And that is..not to win! That's right, you don't want to win in a negotiation, because if you have won it means the other side has lost. In future negotiations you will find reaching an agreement/solution much more difficult with that party. Simply because they feel as though they cannot trust you.

In negotiations of any sort, the two parties involved must feel as though they can trust one another. And in the end, both parties must feel stisfied that they did not give up too much, nor receive too little. This is a line finer than spider's silk and a rule easier to break than a soap bubble. Both sides must do their best to remove all prejudice from their minds, leaving only facts and goals in order to reach a proffesional agreement/solution. If one person comes to the table with their personal feelings on the matter too involved, they will deadlock the negotiations and it will turn into mudslinging and harm relations further. You can see this happen on both large scales, as with peace conferences around the globe, and o a small scale, such as the 'discussions' with people such as the Colonel. I admire his spirited resolve, but he is far too closeminded for his own good.

As is the case for many world leaders.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a very good analysis - i hope your in an academic programme for this. If the the party brings their own agenda to the table then look for the next denominator. Its "Prisoners Dilema". Of corse the Camp David talks were solved out of the square - signing Photos - but your on the right lines

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Actually, i participated in a mock negotiation over nuclear cease-fries in a WWIII scenario a few years ago. The world almost made it, until the other side didn't trust-get this-our actions of goodwill. We got nuked. they survived unharmed, but we got nuked.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Some Conservatives really do believe in the "invisible hand" and that it does help the common person.

I guess that wanting good to come out of something evil has some admirable appeal?

top topics

join