It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

omen grave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I had a dream the other night about there being an 'omen grave'. I was in the car with my family and we were driving somewhere and in passing my dad pointed to this old wooden farm house with a large croud of trees surrounding the side and back and said "look there's the omen grave". It was weird because in between the gaps of the trees it was completely dark like it wasn't affected by sunlight and the bark on the trees looked old wet and rotten. It freaked me out because the feeling that came with seeing it was very unnerving like there was an extremely evil prescence there.

I'm just concerned because the dream felt so real, like the place actually exists.

It's weird because I've never seen the film "The Omen" so I don't really know what was meant about an "omen grave" and even if it makes any sense. Does it makes sense? and could such a place exist?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've seen all of "The Omen" movies, or the Damien movies and there's nothing in there like that. Those movies are about the Antichrist being born to a politician (played by Gregory Peck) and then killing and killing and all that good stuff.

Just because it was an omen tree doesn't mean it had anything to do with that movie. An omen is a sign, usually a bad one. It wasn't created by the filmmakers-- people see omens all the time.

If you visited a psychic and she told you that three minutes before you met your death, you would see three Monarch butterflies flying in a row. (I'm just making this scenario up, by the way.) The first thing you would probably think when you see that is "Well, that's a bad sign," or something along those lines. In that case, three Monarch butterflies flying in a row is an omen of your impending death.

Make sense?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mj13
I've seen all of "The Omen" movies, or the Damien movies and there's nothing in there like that. Those movies are about the Antichrist being born to a politician (played by Gregory Peck) and then killing and killing and all that good stuff.

Just because it was an omen tree doesn't mean it had anything to do with that movie. An omen is a sign, usually a bad one. It wasn't created by the filmmakers-- people see omens all the time.

If you visited a psychic and she told you that three minutes before you met your death, you would see three Monarch butterflies flying in a row. (I'm just making this scenario up, by the way.) The first thing you would probably think when you see that is "Well, that's a bad sign," or something along those lines. In that case, three Monarch butterflies flying in a row is an omen of your impending death.

Make sense?

So basically it's a sign?
Hmm doesn't sound good and to make matters worse dreams are supposed to hold some importance I've been told, which is why I kinda felt the need to share my dream. That's quite frightening. I'm a bit freaked.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Take a sign as a direction as if driving down the road.
Furthermore prior to sleep have the thought you need further explanation of this dream and you will.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thao
So basically it's a sign?
Hmm doesn't sound good and to make matters worse dreams are supposed to hold some importance I've been told, which is why I kinda felt the need to share my dream. That's quite frightening. I'm a bit freaked.

Maybe, maybe not. I know that's not a definite answer, but most of the objects in dreams are symbolic. You can try a site like www.mythsdreamssymbols.com... or www.spiritcommunity.com... if you like, but the symbols are usually unique depending on the person who dreamt it.

On top of that, the symbol could be manifest (the grave represents death, because you may get buried when you die) or latent (the grave represents your fear, because people are afraid of what they may see when they die/ people fear being buried alive, or things like that). Pay close attention to what you were feeling in the dream; this will help you interpret the symbol more accurately.

Why not try writing it down and letting it sit for a few nights? Try to remember your dreams and write them all down in a journal, then look for patterns in the interpretations you are seeing. You might find that your subconscious is trying to tell you something important.

top topics

join