It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer recording convos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I figured since this is the Technology forum that i would ask a simple question.

What components/programs would someone need to record phone conversations to a computer.

I ask this question because someone i know claims he was unknowingly recording phone conversations on his computer in his own home. The catch he is technologically inept. Someone plz help me.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Most newer modems, have a voice mail capability, you could in theory use thta you would have to click record everytime you talk on the phone.

There are several ways to do it, here is just one of many

"Did you know that it is possible to use the computer as an electronic bug? To use PC to record phone conversations is much more practical – and cheaper – than to do so using a conventional tape recorder, besides being able to record hundreds of hours of conversation, for the audio is recorded in a file in the hard disk of the computer."

www.hardwaresecrets.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I did that once by mistake. I was using a program called WinFax and I had an external voice/fax-modem at the time. Somehow, certain settings I set on the modem and in the Winfax program (tried to set up my computer as an answering machine) made me accidentally record the phonecalls. I could talk to the person and everything was normal. Except afterwards I noticed that the call had actually been recorded in full on my computer.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
To record my phone conversations I use this little Belkin Call Recorder thingy. I plug one end into the phone and the other end into the computer sound card. With a voice activated software running in background you don't have anything to do, when you pick up the phone it start recording and when you hang up it stop recording.

new topics

top topics

join