It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted Hunting Lodge of Wascott, Wisconsin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
On the largest tract of privately owned land in Wisconsin, containing Wisconsin’s oldest and largest trees is a rather large, unassuming hunting lodge. The area is beautiful. The driveway is about a mile long, removing the lodge from any traffic sounds coming from the rarely traveled County Road T. Behind the lodge is a walkway that winds its way down to an inlet of the Saint Croix river with some great fishing.

The lodge’s history is a very interesting one, too. During the 1800s, it was a logging camp where loggers and young girls to act as staff for the lodge were brought in for the summers. Later, Al Capone bought the place and actually had a tunnel built from the basement of the lodge down to a bomb shelter located near the Saint Croix.

This lodge is said to be haunted. It’s been mentioned in some of those haunting books, and was even written about in the www.spooneronline.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Spooner Advocate in a Halloween piece they did on nearby hauntings.

Sometime in the early 90s, my uncle bought the place. When he first got it, the parties there were incredible. My extended family goes up to that area every 4th of July, and the 20-some rooms seemed like a godsend. That first year, everyone scrambled to get a room at the lodge. That was the only year that ever happened, and he only sold it a few years ago. Why?

That first year, it was like a bad made for TV horror film. A little girl could be heard and, at times, seen around the place, day or night. People would see completely grotesque things, as well. For example, three of my aunts were walking into the lodge over towards the family room (one part had been renovated, the rest, including most of the rooms, was still in its original 1800s state) when one of my aunts screamed. The washbasin that was in the foyer was filled with blood!

Many other things happened that traumatic week. After that week, very few people would stay there, though my uncles would. On the surface, they would claim that there wasn’t anything going on there, but in private conversations they would share some of their own experiences, too.

My uncle who owned the place would stay there very often, being a semi-professional trapper. There is one story that really sticks in my mind, though. Someone was sleeping in a room next to the one he was sleeping in. Then, in the middle of the night, my uncle yells out, “Stop touching me and just let me sleep!” Apparently, something would touch him while he was sleeping quite often.

My own experiences were far less exciting. I went up there with an uncle and a cousin of mine in the middle of winter. While playing the best game of Monopoly I have ever played, a candle slid across the kitchen counter and fell to the ground. We all thought it was odd that that happened, and talk changed from stealing money from one another or the bank to experiences my uncle had had in the house.

The other experience was on that same trip (the only time I had ever slept there, normally camping for the 4th). The first night when I was going to bed, there was this really weird feeling of menace. This is also really hard to explain, but it seemed like the darkness was overwhelming any light coming from the window. I turned to face the wall, and the room kept getting darker and darker. I was resolute in my determination to stare at the wall and the wall only. I was terrified, afraid to turn over and see what it was in this room that was causing the darkness to overwhelm the light. This was when I was a baby Christian, and said something (no idea what) and forced myself to turn around and confront whatever this was. By the time I had turned around, moonlight reflected off of the snow again filled the room and the feeling of menace was gone.

Other than my own experiences, I may have gotten some of the specific details wrong. However, considering my family just discovered the hunting lodge is on quite a few paranormal websites, they’ve started digging…Because ATS is probably going to be the top hit, someone will let me know what I got wrong and I can edit this. Who knows, maybe they’ll give me some more stories to throw on this thread!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
all paranormal activities are important, and should be reaserched further.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
This was when I was a baby Christian, and said something (no idea what) and forced myself to turn around and confront whatever this was. By the time I had turned around, moonlight reflected off of the snow again filled the room and the feeling of menace was gone.

You should know better than most of us: The Lord prevails over all evil.

Also, your Spooner Advocate link goes to www.microsoft.com...

That being said, that is one creepy sounding lodge!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Let's try this, then:

www.spooneronline.com...

That's what I get for typing this out in Microsoft Word then saving in plain text format. Dirty rotten...

EDIT: Yep, that worked. DARN YOU MICROSOFT!!!

[edit on 3/25/06/25 by junglejake]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Interesting reading, spooky stuff indeed.

The correct link for what was posted is here

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
My own experiences were far less exciting. I went up there with an uncle and a cousin of mine in the middle of winter. While playing the best game of Monopoly I have ever played, a candle slid across the kitchen counter and fell to the ground.

When that happened was it loud? Did anything break? I only ask, because a couple months ago here in my apartment I had a similar experience.

I had been unloading my dishwasher, and setting stuff on the counter before putting it in its proper place. I had a stack of plates and on top of that, a stack of bowls. At this point I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, one bowl was sitting on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. There wasn't a sound made.

My first thought was that it must have been one of the cats, but they were both asleep. One on the loveseat, the other on the windowsill in my bedroom. Also, I can't see how a cat could lift a bowl out of a stack, and place it neatly, undamaged, right side up, in the center of a tile, in the middle of the kitchen. Much less do it without making a sound.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yeah, when the candle went down, it made a big ol' bang. It was one of those thick cylander candles that burn forever, but had never been lit. It hit the floor right behind my chair, and everyone jumped.

I knew you had a werecat!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Quite spooky seems that the place might be haunted for sure,if it's a young female ghost what haunts the place the Spirits have been known too be childish somtimes and play games on people who come too the house.

new topics

top topics

join