It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying Clown Advertisement!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
ditto the down with clown chant...lol

I've gotten pretty quick at getting to the mute button...lol

annoying , yup , uhuh...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options while using the website(s).

OMFG. If this for real? Ive heard some stupid rules on various BB's, but this one takes the cake. It's no ones buisness what kind of ad blocking people have on their PC's. Jesus christ.

-J

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well, as a browser of this forum you are leeching their bandwidth, least you could do is put up with a few ads to help pay for what you're using.

That clown one drives me nuckin futs tho, first time I heard I cracked up laughing.. but soon grew tired of the endless mindless babble from it's idiotic clownish face. Somebody pass me a dull spork, I can always use it for target practice.

I doubt you have to exclaim that much over the T&C, a simple "Woah that's a bit much" would suffice

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Somebody needs to send me the ad network and target URL (advertisers website) of the ad. As soon as I have that, I can negate the advertiser from rotation.

Each time this comes up (an over-the-top annoying ad), I respond that all you need to do send me that information and I'll take care of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thank you. I was about to start a thread about that clown. I don't mind ads, just the ones that make the same annoying noise over and over and over and over....

YOU'RE GONNA DIIIEEE CLOWN!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
now i'm feeling kind of left out cos i havent seen the clown one.

cant be any worse than the "Smilely" ones though....can it?

(the amount of times i have jumped out of my chair due to some unseen voice saying (recently)..."kiss me, i'm irish"....doesnt bear thinking about)

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
[edit on 25-3-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Actually DustintheWind is only complying with the T&C that we all agree to by registering as a member here.

4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options while using the website(s).

We're not going to change our software settings just to visit one site.

[edit on 3/25/2006 by brEaDITOR]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
lol when i read the thread i knew it was going to be that clown and when i opened it, that stupid clown was there......little a$$hole thing, shopuldnt that be illegal or something, but theres another annoying advertisement with stupid camera sounds every 2 seconds, but yeah, i know how it is trying to listen to music then you hear that garbage
...............stupid clown

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yeah I too listen to my iTunes when I’m online and that clown just ruins my music experience, plus its laugh it so weird that it freaks you out if you're not expecting it. Also ditto to the poster above me about the Irish smiley, although that was more funny than irritating.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have never seen that ad, could it be just a coincidence or are the ads chosen based on our ip address?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
oops.

Move Along.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Free-Fire Zone

Rumor has it that a special Clown Dispatch Team may be operating in our area with orders to terminate all clowns or those engaging in clown-like activities.

Members are advised to refrain from wearing such attire as rainbow wigs, brightly-colored suspenders or large, oversized shoes to avoid unfortunate friendly-fire casualties.

Here's hoping that the Clown Menace will soon be neutralized.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult crisis.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This one was hard to track down.

The "campaign name" was "FlightWeb 6" and it was running on the FastClick banner network.

It's been negated, but it may take up to an hour before it's completely removed from our rotation.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Clown ad really contributes to my general feeling of frustration and helplessness. I should not be held responsible for my actions as this ad triggers an upwelling of violence and insanity in me, seldom seen in the human specie!! I know, I know; that's what the ad is designed to do. supposed to do!! My head hurts!!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A few minutes ago, this was me
:bnghd:

then this happened

and now

thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh I am soooo glad someone(s) else hates that ad. Scared the bejeezus out of me when I logged on. That's a horrible thing to here after a long night at work. I hate clowns anyway, this thing will make me downright anticlown

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Get Firefox + the Ad Blocker extension.
Works wonders. That clown is incredibly annoying, I know.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've never experienced the clown ad

But, I tell one that really bugs me is those stupid smily ads, the one that says to you 'Helloooo~oooo'. As if I was missing a real important ad that my attention should be focused on

I think those smilies are over the top gawdy and super dooper tacky as well.

Hate it

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh, no.....you haven't experienced annoying. With the smiley one you had to move your mouse over it....the clown however.....it just kept laughing...AND LAUGHINGAND LAUGHING!!!! finally the mighty skeptic brought it down.

<< 1    3 >>

join