It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are stars used in so many symbols? Origins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Okay, if this topic has been discussed before, forgive me.

The more I look around, the more I notice that many of the things that represent a company, clothing, military, food, and much more will use stars in a variety of ways/directions.

I'd like to know why is this such a popular "decor" even when it comes to our government/political and ritual practices.

Anyone here know when stars gave birth to represent an idea? And if the depiction of stars can be used for good and evil?

The most obvious and most popular store to use one is:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it is a sign of the cult that runs the world and if you are a member then you show it for other members to see. It may have some power over people if they view it too, or so they want to believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ancient knowledge of the origins can be revealed. Drawing lines between the points of conjuctions with Venus creates a five pointed star, and a six pointed star for Mercury.

The Origins of the Pentagram and Hexagram

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Malichai:

what origins are you talking about? I have seen this reference before and astrologers use it sometimes. It seems with the star that there is varying beliefs regarding its true meaning.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
Ancient knowledge of the origins can be revealed. Drawing lines between the points of conjuctions with Venus creates a five pointed star, and a six pointed star for Mercury.

Interesting pictures, so does that mean other planets have great influence in planet earth and us humans? Venus represents the goddess of love. I read somewhere also that Saturn represents War and Neptune deception...and that it was responsible in some way for the war in Iraq.

War USA vs Iraq update astrological predictions

Neptune and the Iraq War

I'm a strong believer in astrology so this all makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm a strong believer in astrology also. I strongly believe that it comes straight from Satan.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

I'm a strong believer in astrology also. I strongly believe that it comes straight from Satan.

Ah phooey, even Aleister Crowley thought astrology was a waste of time. I believe he stated that in Magik in Theory and in Practice. He thought more highly of the Tarot.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hmm, recall that a field of stars are painted on the roof of the burial chamber in at least one of the pyramids (a five pointed star too), so clearly its a symbol that has great antiquity. Then again, since stars would be visible at night from the earliest times that man existed, its not too surprising that they'd be replicated as symbols, especially since there's nothing on earth like them, they're in the 'heavens' and are mysterious and unique.

I think thats basically it, they're seen as great good symbols and are ubiquitus in the night-sky, so they've been used constantly.

What if all in North Africa decided to be "crypto-Christians" when Diocletian was killing everybody?

So incandescent masses of gas and clumps of dirt having an influence on human life is 'phooey', but paper rectangles with drawings on them, now that can reveal the world to you???

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

yeah definatly. does anybody know what the word "merica" means?? The Hyram Key refers to a star called Merica that's in the west.

www.knight-lomas.com...

ive read this book and it is full of information

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

yeah definatly. does anybody know what the word "merica" means?? The Hyram Key refers to a star called Merica that's in the west.

www.knight-lomas.com...

ive read this book and it is full of information

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Funkydung]

ARRRGHH!!! I read the book its just another empty book full of black ink. I don't know how I made myself read it.

top topics

join