It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid at Chichen Itza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
While visiting the pyramid we were on the top and expierinced an erie feeling...Have others experenced this there?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Really cool place, we visited last year but did not have as much time as I would of liked, too much to see.

I did not go to the top of the pyramid on the outside but I did go into the pyramid and climbed up as far as I could go.

No eerie feelings that I could remember, it was too hot to think about anything else!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
did you see the paintings of the blond men wearing green jewels at the temple of the warriors?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have been there but did not get "erie" feelings. Maybe it was the acustics you were experiencing, they are different(for lack of a better word) just like in the ballcourt. There are many different type of people represented in the temple of the warriors. Do any of you remember the long stones lying around the platform with the skulls on it? I read in one book I bought there that these were unused phalic stones. I did get strange feelings inside of the pyramid but that might have been a slight case of claustrophobia,but the jaguar throne made it worth it. The book I picked up there has some very different ideas about the place so if your interested let me know and I can review it and tell you about them, it is by a Mexican local who studied the place.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the top of the pyramids were used for ritual sacrifices.

Could explain your erieness

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've been there. Been to the top and every where else in the area available to the public. It was a great trip, not a bit of eerieness tho.

And they did not do sacrifice at the top of the temple - the sacrifices were further down the past the ballcourt where they would throw people into the deep water pit. I can't remember where they sacrificed the winners of the ballgame.

Can you imagine playing and knowing if you WIN you DIE?!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The jury is still out on if the winner or the loser was sacrificed after the ball game or even if they were sacrificed at all. Thomson( the explorer who bought the area for about 40$ if I remember right) never found an abundance of bodies in the cenote to suggest sacrifice there. There is still so much at Chechen Itza that is covered to this day, so who knows what is still hidden.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The guide told us they ran out of virgins to sacrifice...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
At Montery Mexico thereis a tribe of blond indians.....odd don't you think?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
as in the Amazon as well (Waikas). very interesting.....

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hammer51

Originally posted by mosca

could you both give me links about it, I didnt knew about blonde indians at Monterrey and neither bout the Waikas being blonde

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
If I'm not mistaken, the top of the pyramids were used for ritual sacrifices.

Could explain your erieness
the top was used for telling the seasons that is why they have holes in the sides to get correct readings on the suns position however their was a sacrificial table at the top of the stairs of the tomb of the warrior.
I remember how damn steep the stairs where going up the pyramid and my wife would only go back down on her butt. a realy bad thunder storm rolled in while we were there a lightning came crashing down like i have never seen before we had to take refuge in the main visitor center till it was over but i got an amazing picture of the tomb of the warrior's with the storm rolling in directly over it and it was an awesome sight you could actualy see the low dark clouds barreling in over the top of the tomb if i can find the time sometime this week (the pictures are on my other pc laid up right now) i will post the image i had taken so you can all see it is pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by savagecupid
I have been there but did not get "erie" feelings. Maybe it was the acustics you were experiencing, they are different(for lack of a better word) just like in the ballcourt. There are many different type of people represented in the temple of the warriors. Do any of you remember the long stones lying around the platform with the skulls on it? I read in one book I bought there that these were unused phalic stones. I did get strange feelings inside of the pyramid but that might have been a slight case of claustrophobia,but the jaguar throne made it worth it. The book I picked up there has some very different ideas about the place so if your interested let me know and I can review it and tell you about them, it is by a Mexican local who studied the place.
i went there in 2000 they said they no longer allowed people inside the pyramid so you sure must have had a grand time being able to go inside of it.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have never been there personally but have managed to get a lot of the television shows dealing with it's history and the brutal past of it's existance.
If I were to have a suggestion for you, it would probably be wht one of the other poster's has already stated,"The eerie feeling's are probably the residules of the haunting past."
I hope to one day be able to go to places such as chichen Itza or possibly to the Valley of the King's, but for now I will just have to hear the other peoples points of views and thier experiences of thier trip's and journey's.

Very interesting thread, Thanks!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The top of the main pyramid was kinda eerie - moreso of the height and the steepness of the stairs - I made my way down the steps real slow - my girlfriend went step by step on her butt lol. (Addendum - anyone remember the Reebok commercial where 2 people ran up the stairs at Chichen Itza?) From what I understand now - the pyramid is off limits to tourists because of vandalism.

The most interesting face of Chichen Itza is the ball court. I was on a tour of the ruins, and while visiting the Ball Court - I could hear the conversations of people hundreds of feet away, even though they were speaking at a normal conversational volume. It's like the walls of the court were acting as a reflector for the audio. I don't know where most of the sacrifices took place, but I do know the winners of the Ball Court game were the ones honored with sacrifice, not the loosers. It was a privilige to be offered to the Gods, and so it was the reward for those who succeeded in the game. Tulum was also a great ruin to tour, but Chichen Itza was definitely the one with the most character.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeratul

Originally posted by Hammer51

Originally posted by mosca

could you both give me links about it, I didnt knew about blonde indians at Monterrey and neither bout the Waikas being blonde

I dont have a link, but I read about prof Marcel Homet meeting some blonde Waikas in "sons of the sun". Thats his book. Interesting read, not sure how accurate he is but its interesting reading for sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Violent

It's my understanding that the sacrifices were performed on top of the temple of the Warriors. There are two alters up there. The longer one is where the person being sacrificed would be held down while a priest would quickly cut open his chest and remove his heart. The heart would then be placed on the other alter across from the victim which looks like a person lying on his back holding a plate on his stomach. They believed that these sacrifices would prolong the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Chac or Chaac Mul

[edit on 1/7/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they had the pyramid itself cordoned off when I was there. No one could climb the steps at all.

Our tour guide, George, showed us the carved glyphs outside of the pok-ta-pok court. They were amazing. Also, they must either be fakes, or the history we are still teaching children in schoolbooks is fake. Can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was at Chichen Itza very recently. Such as beautiful place and it really makes you wonder.

I feel quite bad when people instantly dismiss the idea of EBE's (multiple races), Reptilians/Nephilim and such. When you are there and you see and learn what's been found. You do abit of research yourself about Egypt and a book that was formerly apart of the bible it is hard to understand why the possiblity of this (according to the majority of people) is 0%.

My tour guide mentioned the true story about the 'star gods' and explained that they were EBE's and everyone had a good chuckle. I found it quite insulting that a bunch of moronic OAPs that lets face it (as part of a cruise) probably knew NOTHING about what other cultures believed and recorded.

They had the pyramid cordoned off when I was there too. Some 62 year old Mexican woman fell down the steps and died late last year I believe (and that is why you can't climb up there anymore).

I wish I got more time there too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join