It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much sugar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Im just wondering if anyone else takes a lot of sugar in their tea/coffee?
I take 5 tsp in mine and know that this can not be good. Although I dont know in what way.
I appear healthy enough and my teeth are fine.

I have just lately started to think of consequences!
Does anyone else take so much sugar? Does anyone have knowledge about consequences of so much sugar?

Thankyou in advance any comments would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Eww! 5 teaspoons is way too much!

A lot of people may say something about this, but I tried that "no-carb" diet back in November. it worked great for a little while, but I had one problem: No sugar allowed in my drinks. I wasn't used to not using sugar in my coffee, so I went without for a few weeks. Then someone introduced me to Splenda. Just like sugar, but no carbs. I tried it, and loved it!

I ended up dumping the diet because it made me feel awful, but I still cannot put real sugar in my coffee. I just can't stand the taste of it.

Your best bet is to slowly wean yourself down to a "normal" usage of 1-2 teaspoons. For one week, cut down to 4 teaspoons. A week later, 3. A week later, 2. If at some point you can't handle the taste, go back to the usage the week before. Try not to go back to 5.

With some time, I am sure you can do it. And you will be healthier too, I'm sure. The sugar crash must be awful!

Good article on sugar

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks for that Rouschkateer, tomorrow I will start with 4 tsps.
I tend to eat very little but drink lots of coffee and it is probably the coffee that is keeping me going.

I am maybe more concerned about it because of late I am tired a lot of the time.

Read the article, yep way too much sugar.
At least I dont drink any cool drinks thats got to be a start!!
Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sugar turns acidic in your system and it isn't good for you. Be careful of artificial sweetners though because the chemicals are toxic and cause more harm then sugar. You may be feeling tired from too much caffeine. I started drinking decaf coffee half of the time and then finally worked my way to all decaff and now I drink hardly any coffee at all. I feel much better and wish my husband would do the same. He is at the Tim Hortons drive through getting coffee several times a day and is always tired.

new topics

top topics

join