It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepto Bismal made my tongue black! (pic inside)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
...it all started late last night. I was feeling peckish and found my way to the local Mr. Sub shop. Proceeded to order a foot long roasted turkey breast sub with all the fixins and a bag of chips to boot.

Ate sub, went to bed. Bad move.

I usually stay up for a couple of hours after eating (health reasons obviously) but last night I was so completely exhausted that once I became fat with sub I was totally rendered useless and was forced into a sleepy submission while my dinner made a slow conga line down my esophagus.

Woke up at 3:45am to some fierce belly pains. Felt as though I needed to poot out a penguin. Cramps, gurgles... and even hissing noises ensued, it was an all out assault. I was afraid to fart. I proceeded to run to the bathroom where I made a triple lundi for the Pepto Bismal.

I do not take the stuff but know that it's there. I did not want to be up with gut rot so I took two and went back to bed (story edited for readers sake).

I woke up this morning with my mouth feeling pretty damn chalky. Almost as though I spent the night cleaning blackboards with my tongue. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror... and sure enough.... my tongue was black.

Now... my tongue is normally clean, healthy and pink so you can imagine the shock and awe that took place.

Anyhow, here's a picture of my tongue before a good scrubbing.

What the hell made my tongue go black!?!?!?!? I've asked almost 10 people who've used Pepto Bismal in the past and they've all stated that they have no idea what caused it and that they had never experienced those 'symptoms'.

!?!?!?!?!?!

I brush my teeth before bed so no wise cracks!

DAMN YOU PEPTO TONGUE!!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Mod Edit: Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
OMFG THAT IS JUST EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edit: Removed a few Ws.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I got really curious about this, and look! You're not the only one!

Black Tongue

Another Link

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
SULFUR SUB?????

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Actually dude, your tongue is pretty clean as far as tongues go.

My tongue always has a greenish film on it. It looks like something growing inside a petri dish.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
well, it does say right on the bottle "may cause darkening of the tongue or stool"

My dad took some pepto one night, and the next morning I heard him telling my Mother to get ready to take him to the hospital because his poop was black! he was rather upset about it too - So I got up and asked him what he did, he said he had an upset stomache the night before and took some pepto. I asked him if he was in pain anymore, he said he wasn't - so I told him to read the back of the pepto bottle - he was so embarassed! He thought he had blood in his poop and was surely going to die.

It's just a reaction some people have to the plastic (silica) in pepto.

Go check it out here : www.pepto.com...

[edit on 3/24/06 by paulthefourth]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
well then... case closed.

Everyone proceed.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You said it was a turkey sub, and turkey meat has sulphur in it. You can smell the sulphur in hard boiled eggs, but it's also in red meat, cheese, milk, nuts etc.........

Interesting reaction, I'm sure it would worry me if I didn't know the cause.
And black poop would have me wanting to see the doctor for internal bleeding.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I was afraid to fart

that made my day LOL!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I took pepto for a while and nothing ever happened. Till one day, and I woke up the next morning, started brushing my teeth, and FREAKED! lol... till i looked up online what it was. I get it every time now. Kinda cool, really... lol

My poops never been black though...

top topics

join