It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought of mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right plce to put this, so if its not can a mod move it or something please?

Anyway, I was down the woods camping out with a couple of mates and we were having a discussion about life and such and came across this thought. The universe is always expanding, and then collapses and starts again. What if when it starts again we re-live our lifes exactly the same again until we die? This made me think, is de jou vo (sp?) a memory of your past life? Once we go through enough of these "cycles" we eventually remember our entire life which is set out before us. We could then change one descision and the whole course of history will be changed and every event for the rest of the cycle, which then carrys on until we remeber that life, and it keeps continueing like that?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The universe is flat, which means it'll just keep going and going and going. There isn'y going to be a big crunch.

news.billinge.com...
physicsweb.org...
map.gsfc.nasa.gov...
map.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.spaceref.com...
www.spaceref.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vulcha
The universe is always expanding, and then collapses and starts again. What if when it starts again we re-live our lifes exactly the same again until we die? This made me think, is de jou vo (sp?) a memory of your past life? Once we go through enough of these "cycles" we eventually remember our entire life which is set out before us. We could then change one descision and the whole course of history will be changed and every event for the rest of the cycle, which then carrys on until we remeber that life, and it keeps continueing like that?

Deja vu seems to be a memory dysfunction, but not of a past life.

Linky

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 24-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Will it really depends which you believe is the end of the universe the "Big freeze" or the "Big Crunch" scientist seem to change thier minds back and forth, though the Big freeze ie. the universe expanding forever seems to hold favor right now. I think its absurb for anyone to claim to know the true fate of the universe yet. We dont even know what most of the universe is made up of yet. We call it dark energy and dark matter but we should really call it our ignorance of the universe.

Peronally I like the Big crunch theory better. It does make you think if all matter went back into a single point and produced another exactly like the one that created this current universe wouldnt everything play out the same. I mean if the explosion was exactly the same as last time, the earth would form again in the same spot and all the events asteriod and comet impacts would happen at the exact same time. Whatever events and conditions sparked life would happen exactly the same.

Perhaps if everything was the same during another big bang every detail would be the same in the next universe even such small details like you and me.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't know how you can say the universe IS flat. We don't know enough about it to say anything is anything just yet. I always thought that scienitists thought the universe kept on destorying itself and making itself again, which is what made me think of what I put in my first post. Shadow, you're thinking along the same kibnda lines as me it would seem.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thing is though, if you read those links in my post.. Scientist's have already discovered the universe is flat within a 2% margin of error. They *could* be wrong though, but so far everything is pointing away from a big crunch oscillating universe idea. I think this was way back in 2000, I'm surprised not that many people seem to know this. It's always best to stay on top of thing's when you can.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, that puts a different slat on everything. Theres still a possibitly of the big crunch though. but what about the second part? About de-ja-vou being a memory of a past life which was the same?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vulcha
Well, that puts a different slat on everything. Theres still a possibitly of the big crunch though. but what about the second part? About de-ja-vou being a memory of a past life which was the same?

Melatonin had provided a link on Deja Vu in this thread. Third post made in here. And there's not really much of a chance for a big crunch. It's generally accpeted now that the universe will keep expanding, unless of course something change's the law's of physics and what we've discovered of them so far.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'll chime in in this one but don't claim to understand the phenominon or any of the various Deja,,,'s.
It's a common experience with a large segment of the population having claimed some sort of such experience.
On the universe repeating itself, suggested by Einstein's prediction that the universe must either be expanding or contracting and verified by Hubble, the idea of an oscillating universe seems quite reasonable.
These days, however, there appears to be a preference for a "flat" universe, poissibly multiplr flat universes. Like Hawking says..."time, whatever that is, will tell"!
sayswho (skep by any other name)

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would have read those links but my computer keeps crashing. Turns out this idea seems like theres not much chance of it being right, thought this would be the better place to post it anyway.

top topics

join