It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's latest plans to invade Taiwan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not a secret is it but I came across this story at anarchist Jeff Rense's website that idicates China may be more open about its future intent with Taiwan.

I believe that Taiwan is high on the list of countries to be invaded in the near future if not the most likely country.

www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
China lacks the amphibious assault capability to take Taiwan by force, its a good theory but if you read more on that site you'll see the man is a little "liberal" with the facts.

China talks tough, but its all talk, if they could have done it i assure you they would have done it anyway even in the face of the USA.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I would have to say that china does have the capability. The real factor preventing this IS the U.S. presence.
China does NOT want a military confrontation with America....yet. They are fully aware of our defense agreement with Taiwan and they don't like it one bit.
For now they are just waiting for us to get too tied up elsewhere coughnorth koreacough to have the rescources to defend the island.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nerdling,

while I am far from the expert in these parts on military matters (thankfully others here are), I think the Chinese will bid their time for the most opportune momemt.

Recently China has also shown great interest in improving its navy and stike capability. You are correct that logisitics are against the Chinese in this endeavour. But it would be easy to emasculate Taiwan from China's perspective aka the Cuban Missile Crisis. Problem is how long could Taiwan hold out and what would the US do in response.

In the past stories on this topic have tended to make China (like Russia), appear to be defending itself from the agressor but in reality we know who the agressor really is.

new topics

top topics

join