It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: French , the new Lingua Mortum ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I can read french (or spanish or italian) as long as its on a wine bottle label, take it off that and I am lost.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Gools - again, very good post. Learning another language - any other language - opens you up to new ways of seeing the world. I've made it one of my goals in life to master at least a third language, maybe a fourth (I know some bit of German and Italian), just for the fact that it makes me a better, more complete human being.

EDITED for gallicism, the opposite of an anglicism.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Otts]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
crmanager, you are obviously outsourcing to India. Cheap labour. That's what this world needs more of right? France doesn't deserve to be on the UN security council...because? Oh, they don't kowtow to the US? Is that it? Anyone who has bothered to learn a second language realizes that language is a huge part of culture. The medium is the message. Have a Coke and a smile. What if Bush had walked out of a meeting that was all French because an American businessman refused to give his report in English? Would the American public be cheering him for protecting American business interests? You bet they would. By walking out, Chirac told the French people he was ready to fight for their identity, their culture and way of life. Sounds like a good political move to me.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join