It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New weapons might be able to hack directly into your nervous system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.defensetech.org...

The brain has always been a battlefield. New weapons might be able to hack directly into your nervous system.

"Controlled Effects" is one of the Air Force’s ambitious long-term challenges. It starts with better and more accurate bombs, but moves on to discuss devices that "make selected adversaries think or act according to our needs... By studying and modeling the human brain and nervous system, the ability to mentally influence or confuse personnel is also possible."

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
www.defensetech.org...

The brain has always been a battlefield. New weapons might be able to hack directly into your nervous system.

"Controlled Effects" is one of the Air Force’s ambitious long-term challenges. It starts with better and more accurate bombs, but moves on to discuss devices that "make selected adversaries think or act according to our needs... By studying and modeling the human brain and nervous system, the ability to mentally influence or confuse personnel is also possible."

Called Sensory consequence of electromagnetic pulsed emitted by laser induced plasmas, it described research on activating the nerve cells responsible for sensing unpleasant stimuli: heat, damage, pressure, cold. By selectively stimulating a particular nociceptor, a finely tuned PEP might sensations of say, being burned, frozen or dipped in acid — all without doing the slightest actual harm.
The skin is the easiest target for such stimulation. But, in principle, any sensory nerves could be triggered. The Controlled Effects document suggests it may be possible to create synthetic imagesto confuse an individual’ s visual sense or, in a similar manner, confuse his senses of sound, taste, touch, or smell.
In other words, it may be possible to use electromagnetic means to create overwhelming ‘sound’ or ‘light’, or indeed ‘intolerable smell’ which would exist only in the brain of the person perceiving them.

i posted this back in 2006....just came back across this and i still find this very disturbing as i did the first time i saw it...of course this is nothing new..just a refresh of the things that seem like something the nazi's of germany would have worked on. something so insane that it doesnt seem possible. but it is and its being aimed at the public. how can something like this be happening? this is something out of some really bad nightmare.... i like what one of the comments said...

This is nice and all but I don't agree with the scientists ethics.
The general populace has been disarmed of arms. Why would they want to help the .gov develop new high tech weaponry, especially like this? I can see defensive sensory equipment, but any scientist who aids the .gov in new weaponry is someone I can't respect.
These will potentially be used for enslavement over a people who have no means to defend themselves. It's like giving China a mind control device so they can continue on their censorship and authoritarian power over their people. It might make you rich, but it's isnt moral.
I have no beef with these weapons if I could legally own and build them myself.
We are fueling our corrupt governemnt with better weapons and tools to strip our rights. Sad.
Soon as these are developed, it wil be used to take away the rest of the guns we own and we will be helpless to do anything.

edit on 4-10-2010 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So mind control? Or just a really bad head ache?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There has been a couple of posts here on ATS concerning mind control, mind control weapons and the sort, here are some tools to help defend against some types of weapons.

www.lonestarconsultinginc.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
well if they can hack into my nervous system
I'd like to request them to turn off the Parkinson's
shakes I got now. Or is that too much to ask?
Why are such devices always used for bad
things when they could be used for good purposes?
I guess weapons sell better than cures !!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i believe this is happening on a large scale today in america. furthermore i believe many americans know but are too scared to say anything for fear of being labeled a crazy person or even worse.

top topics

join