It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This thread may seem entirely silly, but I figured "what the hay" I will just throw it out and see what happens. Something that I am very curious about - when I logged on to ATS just a moment ago, I happened to look at the number of people who were logged on and I thought it a bit odd. It showed that there were 198 registered users logged on, and that there were over 4,100 "visitors" actively on the site. Now I havent been on here for that long, but if you spend time on here you quickly get familiar with the regulars and the people that post quite a bit. My question is, if there are 198 of us on here reading, posting and contributing, what are the 3,900 + other users doing? I know the likely response is of course, just reading threads for entertainment or research. But THAT many people just reading, silently? Does that not seem a bit wierd when you think about it? I dunno, maybe I am just paranoid, probably, but would it be crazy to think that maybe this place IS being monitored by outside entities? The ratio between registered user and "browser" seems to be unbelievably high in favor of the silent readers. Call me crazy, but I wonder who these people are? Im sure a site the size of ATS has plenty of wanderers who just come here to have a look and check out the site, but who are the rest of these phantom people who hide in the shadows, silently reading our words and thoughts? *spooky music* Ever wonder?

Who is watching ?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Of course this site is monitored, maybe the powers that be are putting together files on each one of us dissidents for thought crimes?

Maybe ATS stands for A Tracking System.....

With the rise of martial law, all of us dissident posters will be rounded up and taken to federal detainment camps, that much should be obvious....

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well you know what they say... A Tracking System... lol. You never know...I could be one of those government agents. But you wouldn't know that would you? No... Yes of course this site is monitored, but not even the owners of this site would know...

Good post

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How about this one then, What if the founder of this site are members of some kind of secret society or some other goverment deparment?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let them monitor all they want. They won't stop the truth.

Troy

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the us government almost definatly monitor this site but they cannot affect it without banning it becasue people would contradict the us government posters and would supply evidence as proof.

Justin

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There are alot of members whom rarely post.

Click on the Members button up the top, and list them through post numbers.

Scroll to the end and see how many members have never posted, or maybe only once.

Its a very low % of ATS members who have actually posted on a regular basis, for an extended period of time.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have a web-site that gets about 9000 hits a day, 48% of which are from unidentifiable isps.

Since intell agents are not going to be particularly interested in my content--after a while, it's very constant--I finally figured out what that 48% actually consists of when I went and LOOKED at who was showing up.

Search engines; data miners. They're back every single day, checking to see if any text or photo has changed, I guess.

I expect the same would be true for this site. Since the content varies so much, and since the likelihood of hitting "certain words" is very high, in all probability, it's just pawing through all the stuff.

This Forum is policed effectively; no revolution is going to begin from here. Everybody knows that. I wouldn't be worried.

join