It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBIC: The Federal Governments major "Collective Society" Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"But it is important to note that there is a melding of human and S&E development here: human development, from individual medical and intellectual development to collective cultures and globalization, is a key goal."

[size-4]"Four transforming tools have emerged: nanotechnology for hardware, biotechnology for dealing with living systems, information technology for

Agencies and Organizations Involved (just in this 2001 Manifesto):
White House, National Science Foundation, Department of Commerce, Newt Gingrich, NASA, National Institutes of Health, Hewlet Packard, Institute for Global Futures, National Science and Technology Council’s Subcommittee on Nanoscale Science Engineering and Technology (NSET), IBM, Raytheon, Lucent, University of California, Stanford University, Sandia National Labs, Brandeis University, MIT, University of Washington, University of Strathclyde, Tissue Informatics, University of Pennsylvania, University of Louisville, NYU Medical School, University of Calgary, Duke University, University of Texas, UCSB, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Carnegie Melon University, Department of Defense, DARPA, Naval Research Laboratory, Defense For Research, New England Complex Systems Institute, University of Virginia, University of Maryland, Institute of Nanotechnology, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Commision on the Future of Aerospace, US Nuclear Regulatory Commision, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, The EPA, Department of Chemistry, Princeton Materials Institute

All of the above information is ripped from the government PDF document/manifesto titled "CONVERGING TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMPROVING HUMAN PERFORMANCE". The document is 482 pages long, covering many aspects of the emerging nanotechnology. The ultimate goal is for injectable nano neural implants that can be adminstered easily and cost effectively.

Following the 20th Century's history of technology "diffusion", such a technology could be "diffused" into most of society in a year or two. Diffusion basically means how fast and effective new innovating technologies and concepts are assimilated into most of society. Examples would be tv->vcr->computer->internet->cell phones. Following that chain of examples, in nearly every single new innovation each was assimilated in much greater numbers and in much shorter time than the innovation before it. Somewhere in that document they even mention the past technologies diffusion rates and what it means for nanotech.

As the title would suggest (and a Dept. of Commerce logo on the cover), another main goal of the neural implants is "improving collective behavior and productivity". I'd imagine they'd love to build us into the perfect slaves, and once they get some "perfect slaves" I cant see how anyone who isnt will be able to get a job.

The manifesto can be downloaded in full version here:
www.wtec.org...
Or in parts here:
www.technology.gov...
www.technology.gov...
www.technology.gov...
www.technology.gov...
www.technology.gov...

[edit on 23-3-2006 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

[edit on 23-3-2006 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The Nanite Wars

Count me out. It's bad enough I have to put up with these biological robots everyday. I certainly don't want to be neurally networked with them. Talk about instant insanity.

On second thought, go for it. I'll just mentally hack the network. I'll create a specialized electromagnetic interference field to block incoming transmissions. Then send a new set of instructions to my nanites to become the super-node.

Then we can actually start evolving humanity again.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So do you really think you'll be able to overcome the super AI that will be dictating the system?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-4-2006 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So do you really think you'll be able to overcome the super AI that will be dictating the system?

Yes and no.

Yes. Any system, no matter how complex, can be busted. Of course, my above approach is unrealistic. But something as simple as a daisy-chained EM pulse in the right locations would shut the system down and neutralize it. AI runs on electricity. That's the main weakness in that particular system. Also, it is an intelligence. Intelligence can be reasoned with. It's the so called elite that don't have intelligence and thus cannot be reasoned with.

No. I have no need to overcome an AI. The AI can implant any thought, emotion, dream or whatever. I know who I am. No amount of brainwashing can take away the entity that was born into this world. Suppression only makes me stronger. Any attempt to implant foreign material only reinforces my resolve. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Being that I'm conscious, I choose the direction of the reaction. Their only hope of containing me is to leave me alone. The more they push in one direction the more I push in the other. Balance will be maintained. It's the law of the universe. They would do well to understand this.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts, and that's a respectable toughness of thinking but I dotnthink physics are going to protect us from a level of intelligence we wont even be able to comprehend. Does your dog understand you? Unless the people unite and somehow stop the federal AI programs we'll all be fubar within 10 years.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

top topics

join