It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed hostages, No Word Of Thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The Activist Group , whoose Members were freed recently by , joint American , British and Australian special forces make no effort to praise the rescuers in a recent statement.

www.timesonline.co.uk
THE Christian group whose activists were freed in a British-led raid in Baghdad yesterday did not thank their rescuers but instead called on them to withdraw from Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The CPT whoose members were amongst those released , should hang there collective heads in shame.

This group , should IMO at least formally achknowledge the brave and protracted efforts of the rescuers.

Theese people take the risk to stay in Iraq when many other aid agencies or voluteer groups have left , and for that I doff my cap.

But they know the danger , and to fail to thank the rescue team is just poor form IMO.

I hope the actual families and former hostages will at least publicly thank thoose involved.

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
From what I understand, the group didn't want to be seen as condoning ANY military action in Iraq, even the rescue of its' own members. It is for this reason that all members of the group sign a decleration that states that they do not want to be rescued by military forces if they are captured.

Thing is, the hostages who were rescued had all signed one of these declerations! Strange old world.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Please discuss this topic in the existing thread, Three Hostages Released in Iraq.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

join