It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1971 Sears Catalog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Whether you are old enough to remember 1971 or not, you'll probably get a few laughs from this website that highlights "Where America Shops."

www.aperfectworld.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks for posting a great link.
My mom shopped at Eaton's and Simpson Sears during the 70's, and some of the items in the catalog were in our home. I looked at the boy's clothing, and yes, I wore some of those horrible shirts and pants they show. I was ten when this was put out and it all seemed so normal back then to wear plaid pants and a striped shirt.

I love some of the hair styles from the era. Very groovy...........

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ahh... thanks for stirring up all the old, but still terrifying memories of mom forcing me into the Husky section to buy corderouys... Damn you mother!!

You know what I noticed though, were the prices. The stuff costs the same today, pretty much. Weird, cuz in 71 what was average wage? 3 or four bucks an hour? You must have needed some $$ to shop at sears, huh?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.aperfectworld.org...

I want number three!

(A)This is not a one-liner
(B)Because of my prose
(C)The mods won't edit
(A)And my post looks finer!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's really scary that people used to like that stuff.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's really scary that people used to like that stuff.

Take pictures of yourself in every outfit you own and put them in a safe place for at least a decade. Then, show them to the youngsters in your life. Sooner or later one will ask you why you dressed that way.

The moral of this story is that no matter how cool looking we humans think we are, we're really just a decade or two from looking like dorks. Hence, it is my considered opinion that humans are dorky looking animals, no matter how we wear our hair or clad ourselves. Fashion is a fraud that we perpetuate on ourselves or at least, that we willingly allow to be perpetuated against us.

[edit on 2006/3/28 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join