It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices in the head of president of United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Dear USA citizens, fellow human beings.

I'm very worried.

The leader of the strongest military power in the hole world is guided
by voices in his head.

Corrected link here:
God told me to invade Iraq

I'm very worried that if The Voice is telling him to attack Iran and
bombard one nation to stoneage again.
Who will be next?
Are you sure you have voted right person to post of president?
Are you sure he is suitable as president?
Do you think he is seriously on The Mission Of God?

Mod Edit: Shortened link

[edit on 24-3-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]
mod edit to correct link

[edit on 29-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Skeery enit?

To answer the Q's:

Probably Iran
We didnt vote for him
Not hardly
and not my God...thats for sure.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes "we" did vote for him, the majority of Americans who bothered to turn out to vote put him into office.

Why ridicule the mans faith? Because you don't share it? I don't, but neither am I going to ridicule him for it. If his faith gives him strength, that's fine with me. We all hear voices of one sort or another in our heads, most are nothing but our own conciounce speaking to us, and guiding us.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Why ridicule the mans faith? Because you don't share it? I don't, but neither am I going to ridicule him for it.
[edit on 23-3-2006 by seagull]

Yes, I admit that I ridiculed his faith by purpouse. Why?
Because every fundamentalist is dangerous and be one as president is terrifing. There's no excuse for Jihad for any religion.
And those serious people who knows to be chosen ones and absolutely right and others wrong (infidels), can't stand to been laughed at

It's strongest weapon I have to stand up for humanity.
I recommend movie, Monty Pyhon's "Life of Brian", your view of world will change irrevocably after that.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Life_of_Brian
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by HoHoFoo]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've seen it many times over the years, and try to revisit it at least once a year. Timeless.

George Bush doesn't strike me as a fundementalist...I've interacted with fundementalists on a number of occaisions...mostly with regretable results that I won't get into. Based on my experiances, GW just doesn't qualify. Is he a man of strong faith? He is indeed. But since I don't know the man personally, I really can't say that he is or isn't. I don't think anyone else who doesn't know the man can either with any sort of certainty other than opinion.

We will have to agree to disagree on that particular subject. OK with you?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That story is almost three years old. Some of our members weren't even potty trained when that story broke. Why not just say that you dislike the President and that anything he says or does is solid proof that he is unfit for public service?

[edit on 2006/3/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Because a lot of them, and I name no names(because Skippy wouldn't), are just as brainwashed as they accuse the right of being.

Anything the Pres. does is bad, and a sign that he is either Satan incarnate, or thinks he's a messenger of the Lord. Now I'm not W's biggest
fan, but he is just a man doing what he thinks is best.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
By listening to voices in his head? How can anyone be this ignorant? He hears voices, ADMITS to hearing voices that tell him to kill people, and all you have is "Its ok the voices tell him to kill brown people!"

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just wanting to be impartial:

www.offendmuslims.com...

Read the the text about Patrick Henry's motivation at the end of page. most important.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
DevinS. I would like for you to point out to me where in the heck I ever said its ok to kill brown people?

That so called voice in his head might possibly be, oh I don't know, a conciounce? You do know what that is, correct? I am fairly certain that the President would not say that killing brown people is ok. My reasoning? He is not a psychopath, or a sociopath.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And what I love, is how everytime someone disagrees with an aspect, or aspects, of this administration, we are automatically labeled as being one of those "brainwashed, he is either Satan incarnate, or thinks he's a messenger of the Lord" kinda guys?
And what about being potty trained, gramps? Thats getting to be a pretty tired defense everytime you encounter anyone who doesnt march in lock-step with your Christian Conservative agenda? You guys are so quick to pull the big guns with the name calling because it is a short-cut to intelligent debate, and the exchange of ideas.

I dont hate the president. I think he is a rich kid with a chip on his shoulder who is overwhelmingly over his head. IMO the only reason he has been able to hold his own in his little Q&A chats, retain that little smirk hes got, and keep even 35 percent of the public on his side is because he has a lot of lifetime crooks/politicians/businessmen around whispering cheerleader chants in his ears from sun-up to sun-down. I dont hate him, I just think its time he admitted that this has gone wayyyyy too far, and step away with rummy, cheney, and the rest of the gang. Its time for someone else to play president, cause he sucks at it.

There are a lot of likable traits about the guy. In strange ways I like his personality at times. He makes me want to meet some more Texans. I just dont think his butt cheeks are fit for the most powerful chair on the planet.

And after all the vote shenannigans you still honestly think 2000 was won fair and square? I can buy '04, but only a sheep will swallow the 2000 pill. And I hope you dont think he is a vehicle of GOD for some kind of "mission." I didnt touch the voices subject...hell, my voices play Marvin Gaye everytime I get in the sack...All I did was answer the questions. Relax a bit.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am not altogether sure who you are addressing. I don't quite qualify on the "gramps" thing just yet

The President is just a man like any other trying to do an impossible job to the best of his ability, and needs our support. I'm going to take a flyer here and guess you didn't vote for him either time. FYI, I voted for him the first time, but not the second. Christian concervative? OMG, you have no idea just how far off the mark you are. The proper title for me would be concervative democrat, seriously, there are such creatures. Rarer than Bigfoot maybe, but we are outthere stomping around in the wilderness that is current democratic politics.

Personally, I don't agree with all of Mr. Bushes policies, I do however support him. Do you see the point I am trying to make?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My stab wasnt at you so much as it was for "Gramps." He knows who he is...

I hear ya...Like I said...calm down. ATS is getting lame when the opposition all of a sudden starts screaming about how you are the love-child of Michael Moore and Ramsey Clark or something. It wasnt so much you...but you are a bit guilty at times. To be honest, I have found you to be one of the more reasonable ones Seagull. Conservative Democrat is getting to be as oxymoronic as it gets lately huh? Kinda like military intelligence...hehe.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Once upon a time we were much more common place. As in all things, it probably runs in cycles. I just hope I'm still alive when it happens

The point I am trying to make here is this: Whether or not we agree with the President's (whoever he or she may be) views on a topic is to a certain extent unimportant, he or she still needs our support. We can certainly disagree violently with the stated views, but can express those ideas in such a fashion that our enemies cannot use it against us. They used to call it "the loyal opposition". Present ideas that you may think are better than the ones being implemented currently, but at the end of the day, it is we disagree with you, but we support you.

It seems that this doesn't even appear to happen anymore. Politics are more about destroying your opponent, instead of convincing them that the ideals they espouse are mistaken. Many of us, on either side of whatever issue is being discussed, here on ATS are guilty of this. I most definitely include myself in this rather large grouping.

The current use of personal destruction in global politics in general, and American politics in particular, is a very selfdestructive force, and needs to be curtailed somehow. Don't ask me how, because I haven't a clue, other than to suggest a return to more civil speaking. Speak with civility, and behavior will follow.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Agreed, without your optomism. I do feel ya on supporting the president. However...IMO, the reason we have gone from disagreeing, yet supporting, to just flat-out trying to destroy the man is because this whole thing has gone too far. Support went out the window when almost all of our old allies started shutting doors. I think the population is starting to feel a bit hopeless. We feel like the election was highjacked, they twisted intel to spook us into Iraq, they spy on us and admit it, Katrina's fumble, and now they are about to outlaw abortion...etc... Its a pretty hopeless feeling. Why support something that 70% of us dont agree with when "The Man" has made it abundantly clear that we do not matter? Our votes, our voices, our senators, reps, Dems, Reps, etc...they are all a farce. Its two sides to the same "sheeple management" systems.

I truely believe that we will see a revolution in this country if things dont change course. The majority is starting to wake up. Even the ultra-liberals realize that protesting is a waste. Who is the face of resistance? Cindy Sheehan? Somethings gotta give. As the old folks kick the can, we have some younger, more progressive folks taking the wheel. These young minds are realizing that the light at the end of the tunnel is still a long, long way away. How much further can it go? It is beyond optomism to say that things are progressing. All I see is a downward spiral.

It all boils down to...I/We will support the prez when it truely seems like he is doing the peoples bidding. Thats his job. He is elected by us, for us. He please everyone all the time, but he can do his best to please a majority. Thats how this system is supposed to work. He is obviously not acting in our favor as much as he's acting for some other reason. Maybe God. Maybe money. Maybe his elite "base." Who knows, but it sure doesnt seem like he is pulling for Joe American anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

DevinS. I would like for you to point out to me where
in the heck I ever said its ok to kill brown people?

You never said that. seagull ... DevinS goes around the boards
saying things that aren't true. You are just one in a long line of
his victims.

George Bush doesn't strike me as a fundementalist

I fully agree with you seagull. Bush said that Muslims and Christians
worship the same God. A fundamentalist wouldn't have said that.
Most christians have a Trinity God. Muslims find that to be pagan.
Muslims deny Christ is divine. Christians have that as a cornerstone.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Once upon a time we were much more common place. As in all things, it probably runs in cycles. I just hope I'm still alive when it happens

The point I am trying to make here is this: Whether or not we agree with the President's (whoever he or she may be) views on a topic is to a certain extent unimportant, he or she still needs our support. We can certainly disagree violently with the stated views, but can express those ideas in such a fashion that our enemies cannot use it against us. They used to call it "the loyal opposition". Present ideas that you may think are better than the ones being implemented currently, but at the end of the day, it is we disagree with you, but we support you.

Seagull when do you stop supporting a president just beacuse hes YOUR president? This kind of patriotism is really why I and i guess a lot of other people have a dislike for the US. What if GWB started nuking the ME or setting up concentration camps, would you still disagree but support him then? Ive never been to America so i find it really hard to understand how a lot of you seem to be die hard patriots, if my country does wrong im willing to attack it (verbally) but how do you do that while being a patriot?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Of course there is a point at which we stop supporting the President. What the point is, I'm not altogether sure. I don't mean to be flippent here when I say that either. I have not reached the point yet, some have, some will, some won't...like the old saying goes, I'll know it when I see it.

Nukeing the Middle East would do it. Probably long before that actually.

When I said support the President, I did not mean unconditionally, or with out reservations, I have plenty of those; I still support the man in the office, just as I would have supported (ugghh) John Kerry had he won the election. Being the President is a thankless, and aging job, you couldn't make me do the job. It is incomprehensible to me that anyone would want it at all, muchless have it as a lifes ambition.

Does that make sense at all? If not, I can attempt to try to explain my thoughts more clearly.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Nobody is touching this thread...its kinda funny.

Do you guys think its bad that the Prez thinks its God in his head, rather than his own conscience? Does this qualify as delusion? We can all admit that we hear A voice guiding us in our minds. Mine sounds like Jiminy Cricket.

Does it make a person crazy when they think it is an outside force rather than their own mind guiding them subconsciously?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My original link had somehow corrupted.

Here is better one: God told me to invade Iraq

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join