It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Horn and the tiger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He is doing better since the attack. you know it is interesting, there is new news that the tiger didn't want to kill roy but to protect him. Apparently the tiger was bothered by an audience member or their actions, it was going to investigate. Roy went in between to save the would be cat chow. The tiger wanted Roy out of the way thus gripping his arm, it didn't work. Roy lost his balance and fell over. The tiger thought that Roy was in trouble and grabbed him by the neck as what it would do to a cub to save it from danger and rushed off the stage with Roy to protect him. You see if the tigerm wanted to kill Roy it would have in less than a second. I believe it was from a nurturing aspect that Roy was injured. Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A link to the story...??? Though this sounds familiar, I haven't a clue as to the details...

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Soz! It was on "Good Morning America". Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I also saw this on some TV show last night.. it interviewed roy's partner, and their manager, and an animal expert.

Can't remember the station one of the 3 news ones.. CBS/ABC/NBC

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes it was my impression that the tiger did not display malice towards him. The idea of a mother or father cat carrying its young by the neck is natural behaviour.

Funny the idea of animals taking a distinct dislike to someone they do not even know. Have seen this myself on a few occasions. Do they see things that we do not?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Funny the idea of animals taking a distinct dislike to someone they do not even know. Have seen this myself on a few occasions. Do they see things that we do not?

Funny you mention that. When I was growing up we always had this somewhat creepy neighbor. My dogs obviously disliked him.. but my cat would not go anywhere near him, and would actually hiss at him when he saw him. When he and his family finally moved out, I found out that he was in prison once for being a child molestor.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ewom,

good story man. animals are not so dumb are they LOL!

I think they can see evil, not sure how but they can I know it too.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
nice Cearbhall

veryvery true if the tiger wanted to kill him it would have in a instante,

now WHY dont we here this in the news???

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry it wasn't "GMA" it was "Primetime Live", it was the Thursday edition on ABC.

Neo,
It seems that animals have the ability to know a persons intention or "soul" so to speak. I've seen dogs do it. I think animals, in some cases, can judge character better than us.

Could you imagine having a tiger or other animal cruising Capital Hill as a character buster? hehehe I'd see a lot of mauled people methinks! teeheehee!

top topics

join