It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secret Society" does not translate to "Group of Bad Guys"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What about the French Resistance? They were indeed a society. There was rank and order. And above all else, they kept secrecy. They used clandestine methods to identify themselves so that no one else could tell. They had secret meeting halls. They had their own particular coded language.

They did all this out of patriotism. They wanted France to be free from the Nazis. They did not want to take over France and rule it for themselves. They were just doing the right thing to make and keep their nation free.

What about the Freemasons? They take an oath to love and honor their country and its laws. I have read the 33rd degree of the Scottish Rite, and it obligates the initiate to die for his country if necessary. What if the Freemasons are not a sinister group hell-bent on world domination? What if they are a group of men who are ready to organize against a hostile enemy? What if they act as a fraternal organization during times of peace, but are ready to retaliate against an invading force when necessary? Support for this might be taken from the fact that the overwhelming majority of the Founding Fathers were freemasons who used their network of secrecy to facilitate the initial roots of the Revolution against an oppresive king?

I make no claim to expertise in history. I just wanna throw out another idea.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That's a funny thread title for this topic.

According to The Bible so many masons claim to follow, 'secret societies' are a 'bunch of bad guys'. The whole secret meetings and secret signs, is pretty clearly warned against and, for those not 'blinded' by a 'false enlightenment', it also pretty clearly explains why.

But hey, we've tossed this back and forth 'forever', so is this just another excuse to tell the world how wonderfull all masons are and how 'ignorant', those who won't champion them?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan

According to The Bible so many masons claim to follow, 'secret societies' are a 'bunch of bad guys'. The whole secret meetings and secret signs, is pretty clearly warned against and, for those not 'blinded' by a 'false enlightenment', it also pretty clearly explains why.

Fraternal organizations aren't mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure what you mean about "secret meetings". Meetings of my Lodge are announced on a digital sign near the highway. And, of course, there's no mention of "secret signs" in the Bible either, but you already knew all of that, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Fraternal organizations aren't mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure what you mean about "secret meetings". Meetings of my Lodge are announced on a digital sign near the highway. And, of course, there's no mention of "secret signs" in the Bible either, but you already knew all of that, right?

I can't believe what you've posted!

But then again you lot are "the Masters" at 'spinning' The Bible to say what you do is 'Christian'.

I won't bother with Biblical quotes, as it seems you're fishing for another excuse to 'teach' us what it 'really means', but warnings are clearly there for those who want to 'know' and not just be 'told'.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The only secret in my Lodge is how much chili pepper is in the chili and which brother passed on recently.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

But then again you lot are "the Masters" at 'spinning' The Bible to say what you do is 'Christian'.

I won't bother with Biblical quotes, as it seems you're fishing for another excuse to 'teach' us what it 'really means', but warnings are clearly there for those who want to 'know' and not just be 'told'.

So... What you're effectively saying is that you have nothing to back up this whole "God is against you guys" thing?

Regarding the appropriation of God's authority in order to back up your opinion:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

Regarding the appropriation of God's authority in order to back up your opinion:

Well how about you guys search out all the old threads that have mentioned them, or better still find those passages yourselves (you claim to know The Bible well) and 'tell' us how very wrong we are,... again.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Believe it.

I didn't say anything about being a Christian or using the bible for anything (I'm actually much more of a Pantheist and Buddhist). I simply pointed out that you claimed the Bible said something that it in reality does not. Now that, my dear, is "spinning the Bible".

I won't bother with Biblical quotes

Wow, that's surprising...NOT!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The whole secret meetings and secret signs, is pretty clearly warned against

Where? What chapter and verse? I am unfamiliar.

new topics

top topics

join