It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda Shut Down By The FSB (KGB)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
FSB has shut down Pravda. First they asked Pravda to remove some "inciting materials", but they didn´t say what kind of material it was. So Pravda didn´t remove anything. The next day Pravda was shut down.

Axis News: The Russian daily Pravda website closed by the FSB.

The website of the known Russian daily Pravda was closed following the demand of the FSB. No explanation to the closure was provided. As the team of Pravda claims the website was closed after the FSB representatives demand to remove from it all the "inciting materials". As the editors were not given any special notice which materials are inciting, they decided to remove nothing and the website was closed a day after by the FSB officers.

I wonder what kind of "inciting materials" that was all about?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's a link to the Pravda homepage from Google cache.

The same page after translation via Babel Fish.

I'm still not certain what the 'inciting materials' are...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Pravda

The visitors of Pravda.Ru website have been deprived of a possibility to access the website and its materials today. The main Russian version of the Pravda.Ru portal has been closed today.

The message, which appears on the blank white page, says that the site has been closed down pursuant to the requirement from the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation.

Chairman of Pravda.Ru Board of Directors, Vadim Gorshenin, said that the office of Pravda.Ru received an email from masterhost Internet provider on Thursday morning. The company particularly informed Pravda.Ru about a letter which they had received from the Federal Security Service of Russia. The letter said that the provider should take measures to remove several materials from the Pravda.Ru website, particularly those stirring up religious strife.

“We have never received the letter from the Federal Security Service. We have not been informed about the materials that we need to remove. That is why the administration of the website has decided to shut down access to Pravda.Ru through the front page of the resource,” Vadim Gorshenin said.

Well I think that Explains it.

The "Inciting Materials" are the Danish Cartoons.

But there is a Problem:

Vadim Gorshenin, the chairman of Pravda.Ru Board of Directors, said that the website had NEVER published the notorious cartoons. Pravda.Ru has sent an email to the Internet provider asking to clarify all the points on the matter, particularly where the cartoons could be found on the website and who in the FSB ordered to send the above-mentioned message to masterhost.

So - whats up with the KGB, oops I mean the FSB?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm guessing it's Belarus. :shk:

I could be totally mistaken, but that's how it looks to me. The cartoon line was probably a quickly concocted cover story that was never checked out. They didn't even bother checking to see if Pravda had published the cartoons on the web...

Or, it could be that the FSB has a problem with Pravda's forum?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Isn't Pravda pretty big over there in Russia?

I dunno... I can't imagine something like that happening over here.

Can you picture the headline "New York Times shut down by CIA for printing Inciting Material".

I hope there's sufficient outrage going on over there.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Pravda is up and running again. FSB denies having anything to do with the closure. They claim it was nothing but a publicity stunt from Pravda.

Axis News: Russian Pravda website is on again, no apologies from the FSB

Temporary suspension of Pravda.ru news portal is over, as the FSB claims having no role in its closure, Russian media reports. As AIA reported earlier the website was closed due to the demand of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), which claimed that there are materials on the website that might fuel ethnic and religious strife. The FSB’s public relations department said it didn’t make any steps that might have led to the closure of the portal, nor did it exert any influence on a decision to suspend the publication. Other sources claimed that the FSB wanted to remove Danish cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed, but as Pravda.ru said, no such cartoons appeared on the site.

Related ATS Threads:
Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

new topics

top topics

join