It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Hostages Released in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The British Hostage, Norman Kember and 2 Canadian hostages have been released this morning.

According to the BBC a force of British, Canadian and Iraqi Military Forces obtained the releases today.

All three are said to be in fairly good condition and have been transferred to the Iraqi Green Zone in Baghdad.

After the killing of the US Hostage last week I did not think that the other three would be released
so am very happy at todays developments.

See link to BBC story below

One British and two Canadian peace activists held hostage
in Iraq for almost four months have been freed
in an operation by multinational forces.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 23/3/06 by Jamesmichael]

[edit on 23/3/06 by Jamesmichael]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
BLESSED BE that is good news.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Good to hear that.

It doesn't seem to often ( if at all ) that they release hostages. Too bad it didn't always work out that way.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesmichael
The British Hostage, Norman Kember and 2 Canadian hostages have been released this morning.

According to the BBC a force of British, Canadian and Iraqi Military Forces obtained the releases today.

Just for the record, American forces were also involved in the rescue.

from Grailkeeper
It doesn't seem to often ( if at all ) that they release hostages. Too bad it didn't always work out that way.

They weren't actually released; they were rescued. The kidnappers were not in the house where they were found.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Just for the record, American forces were also involved in the rescue.

They weren't actually released; they were rescued. The kidnappers were not in the house where they were found.

Sorry jsobecky I wasnt trying to score points here I was only reporting what I had heard early this morning - if that wasnt strictly correct I appologise.

The main thing though is that they are free again and thats the good news whoever was involved in their rescue.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Neal Boortz on WSB is covering this very issue. There is a VERY big difference between being released and being rescued. I'm making no accusations against the thread-poster, but the pettiness evident in the various press-sources diminishing the involvement of the US/UK forces is despicable.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I agree with you concerning the 'Patriotic' press releases in various countries.

The guys were rescued and thats all that matters, we are all in Iraq together and the rescue should have been reported as allied troops as it really doesnt matter which nationality they were.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was trying to find a little more info on the plan of the rescue, but nobody's talking much. This article gives a bit more information on who was involved primarily.

cnews.canoe.ca...

Just goes to show what can be achieved when the term 'allied forces' renders itself absolute.

to those involved in the hostages rescue.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Such good news, I really did not think they would get out alive,

There familys must be so over joyed,

But lets also not forget that 1 man died as well, Tom Fox

So my thoughs are of happyness of the release but also sorrow for Tom who did not make it,

www.sky.com...

[edit on 23-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Current thinking is that there was a joint operation that had been on-going for several weeks prior to this rescue to try to find the captives. A recently released captive of this group was able to give solid information about the where abouts of the captives the night before the rescue. This in turn prompted a bit of a fast-ball, and the captives were rescued.

It is my (current) opinion that the captors had caught wind of the op, and had abandoned their prisoners. My opinion is based on the fact that there was no-one home during the rescue. It is fairly poor admin to leave 3 unguarded prisoners for any amount of time. Again this is my personal opinion based on the limited info that I have been receiving, and will be happy to hold my hands up if it is wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

But lets also not forget that 1 man died as well, Tom Fox

So my thoughs are of happyness of the release but also sorrow for Tom who did not make it,

Agree with you asala, I should have mentioned Mr Fox in my opening post,
I'm sure we all feel the same and our thoughts are with his family also.

top topics

join