It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking For F119 Specifications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Who can give me a detailed specification of F119 turbofan, esp. for oil cost rate compare with the AL-31 engine, which I couldn't found by searching google.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by emile]

[edit on 23-3-2006 by emile]
Mod Edit: Fixed ALL CAP TITLE

[edit on 3/24/06 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.pratt-whitney.com...

The Official page for the engine...

warfare.ru...

Cheers...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Emile,

You seems to ask alot of detailed questions esp looking for information that connot be found from google or the companies website. Whats the dealio?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Emile,

Be careful what you dig for! Remember, some of the specs. for the F-119 engine are classified. There is a lot avalible to the public, but not everything is public. If you start digging for things that are classified, you will draw attention for security services like NSA and FBI. We don't need trouble so watch what you ask for!

Tim

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Emile,
You seems to ask alot of detailed questions esp looking for information that connot be found from google or the companies website. Whats the dealio?

Because I am a spy work for Brijing Gov.

1 line post

please review this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-3-2006 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Emile,

Be careful what you dig for! Remember, some of the specs. for the F-119 engine are classified. There is a lot avalible to the public, but not everything is public. If you start digging for things that are classified, you will draw attention for security services like NSA and FBI. We don't need trouble so watch what you ask for!

Tim

I don't think him asking for the information is going to draw attention, only if someone actually gives it.

Plus 99.9 percent of all that goes on in ATS is overlooked by the agencies that monitor the site, except for those rare conditions and moments.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't think him asking for the information is going to draw attention, only if someone actually gives it.

Yeah I agree, the few people here on ATS that have real classified information are too smart to post it. As one of them said a little while back, “If it’s not listed on the top Google returns then I’m not posting it.”

[edit on 24-3-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You are wrong! I didn't pay attention to it?! Have you guys noticed that fuel consumption of AL-31 is so low that Su-27 can have such long combat radius which means although F-22 have capability to carry more fuel, but because of which the F119 is low bypass egine that fuel consumption is higher than Su-27, so the combat radius of F-22 even still less than Su-27. Which although means because of cruise speed of F-22 is higher than Su-27, so the TIME F-22 can keeping fly is less than Su-27.
Then I'd have lost the debate in somewhere.
Relating to another topic I posted that why I strongly suspect the meaning of F-22's supercruise is meaningless. Now all my last hope is the fuel consumption of F119 could be less or equal to AL-31. You guys post made me dispointed very much.........

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

It would be pretty funny if you WERE a PRC spy and were STILL being subjected to the google censors!!

C'mon.. nobody can get into trouble unless someone comes looking for it. We've seen that on ATS once before..

Btw.. ATS is full of anti-chinese stuff..
Shouldn't it be inaccessable from China?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
You are wrong! I didn't pay attention to it?! Have you guys noticed that fuel consumption of AL-31 is so low that Su-27 can have such long combat radius which means although F-22 have capability to carry more fuel, but because of which the F119 is low bypass egine that fuel consumption is higher than Su-27, so the combat radius of F-22 even still less than Su-27. Which although means because of cruise speed of F-22 is higher than Su-27, so the TIME F-22 can keeping fly is less than Su-27.
Then I'd have lost the debate in somewhere.
Relating to another topic I posted that why I strongly suspect the meaning of F-22's supercruise is meaningless. Now all my last hope is the fuel consumption of F119 could be less or equal to AL-31. You guys post made me dispointed very much.........

The problem is that you're comparing two engines with totally different thrust ratings, and saying one is better than the other. Of course the engine with the lower thrust rating is going to use less fuel. The F119 is a 35,000lb engine, where the AL-31 is rated at 17,857lbs dry, and 27,560lbs in afterburner.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Zaphod58,

You missed his point. He is saying that the Su-27 has a longer range than the F-22 while the f-22 has a larger fuel tank and supercruise. While supercruise is suppose to allow a longer range the F-22 even though supposely superior than the Su-27 has a shorter range.

Thats why he is asking for the fuel comsution

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Zaphod58,

You missed his point. He is saying that the Su-27 has a longer range than the F-22 while the f-22 has a larger fuel tank and supercruise. While supercruise is suppose to allow a longer range the F-22 even though supposely superior than the Su-27 has a shorter range.

Thats why he is asking for the fuel comsution

Well, good point. You've got my logical consequence! Before your post I suspect my English isn't good enough to lead some understand me

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Its how you structure your sentences and the words you use. But un-like some people i stop and read your post carfully to understand what your trying to say.

Take note people next time when you try to jump on someones comments

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I got his point. What do you think is GOING to happen when you have an engine capable of putting out 8,000-10,000 pounds more thrust? You get more fuel consumption. Bigger engine = more power. More power = more fuel consumed. At least when you're dealing with fighter engines. The two engines he is comparing are vastly different engines. It's like comparing apples and oranges and saying the orange is better.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Umm... has anyone tried to look at the actual combat radius of the two fighters? By my sources the Su-27 has a combat radius of 930 miles while the Raptor has a combat radius of nearly 1000 miles. Now, the F-22 can reach its max combat radius faster than any current fighter because it can supercruise. All other fighters have to fly subsonic, if they increase their speed then they will decrease their combat radius.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Where did you get the detail of F-22''s combat radius?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I found a bit about it in this MKI article..

Su-30 MKI variant has a combat radius of ~1500 km whereas the F-22 has a combat radius of ~1600km and Eurofighter Typhoon 900 km.

Source

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

ShatteredSkies,

No offence, but do you watch the news? I remember they had an FBI investigation that started with someone taking photos if building in a big city (maybe Miami or LA). In the post 9/11 world, occasionly the US security sevices act slightly paranoid. I would never make the assumption that they would ignore anything!

I could be wrong, but I'd rater be wrong and have nothing happen then be wrong and have the FBI knocking at my door. How about you?

Tim

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I found a bit about it in this MKI article..

Su-30 MKI variant has a combat radius of ~1500 km whereas the F-22 has a combat radius of ~1600km and Eurofighter Typhoon 900 km.
Source

Well, The datum I got is 700 kilometers

LOCKHEED MARTIN F/A-22 RAPTOR:
_____________________ _________________ _______________________

spec metric english
_____________________ _________________ _______________________

wingspan 13.56 meters 44 feet 6 inches
wing area 78.04 sq_meters 840 sq_feet
length 18.92 meters 62 feet 1 inch
height 5.05 meters 16 feet 7 inch

empty weight 19,493 kilograms 42,974 pounds
MTO weight 36,288 kilograms 80,000 pounds

max speed at altitude 2,130 KPH 1,325 MPH / 1,150 KT
supercruise speed 1,810 KPH 1,125 MPH / 980 KT
service ceiling 18,288 meters 60,000 feet
combat radius 700 kilometers 430 MI / 375 NMI
ferry range 3,330 kilometers 2,070 MI / 1,800 NMI

source

Very interesting is the same web about the F-22 has never mentioned combat radius but explain the define of supercruise totally oppositely:

The dual Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 turbofans with afterburners incorporate supercruise and thrust vectoring. Thrust vectoring is in the pitch axis only, with a range of ±20 degrees. The maximum thrust is classified, though most sources place it at about 39,000 lbf (173 kN). Maximum speed is estimated to be Mach 1.72 in supercruise mode and without weapons; with afterburners, is “greater than Mach 2.0” (2,120 km/h), according to Lockheed Martin. The Raptor can easily exceed its design speed limits, particularly at low altitudes; max-speed alerts help prevent the pilot from exceeding the limits. Gen. John P. Jumper, U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff, flew the Raptor faster than Mach 1.7 without afterburners on January 13, 2005.

Source

[edit on 27-3-2006 by emile]

new topics

top topics

join