It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Web

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm real glad I have this board for asking questions. Just when I thought I knew a lot about the internet and all that, I hear about the "Deep Web", "Invisible Web", "Hidden Web", etc. I heard that so much more is available on the Deep Web than on the "Surface Web", or Mainstream, whatever you wanna call it. I also read that most of these Internet Detective programs that you subscribe to are really drawing most of their information from the Deep Web. Is this true? Also, where can I find most public databases for personal information on the DW? Specifically, I'm looking for DMV Records. If I can find information in regards to such in some Public Database or other similar fashion, it would prevent me from having to spend any money. If anyone else has any ideas for finding such information, I really appreciate your helping me out.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The wealth of information out there is immeasurable really. A huge portion of which is found via search engines, but as you pointed out there are more shady sources that often require money or membership to gain access to the more interesting (see also: illegal) things. Of course with this wealth of information out there comes the risk of disinformation. Most caches of information of a more dark nature tend to be less open to scrutiny than others so the risk for bad info gets ratchted up a few notches.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't think you can get DMV records for free, even getting records legally through official government channels you have to pay a fee, and they remove the personal info you have no business reading.

For the full DMV records databases floating around in the "shadow intarweb" with personal info and all, generally that info was either stolen or obtained by bribery. Getting caught buying those records could land you in a prison cell with Bubba. And guess what will happen with your personal info (i.e. name, address, credit card number) when you deal with a dude selling you private info. You could get burned playing this game if you're not careful.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
its really simple,.
Just scan this ip range 1.1.1.1 - 255.255.255.255 and see if port 80 is open.
that will give you every website in the world.
It will probably take you a year to complete the scan though. In which a million
other sites have closed or opened. Get that point ?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
..... And guess what will happen with your personal info (i.e. name, address, credit card number) when you deal with a dude selling you private info.....

Be aware of the potential of being a victim of identity theft, as well as others getting YOUR personal information...............

[edit on 3/24/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Learn to use Google. I mean really really use it. Not just with keywords and special characters like "quotation marks" or the +plus or -minus signs. But with all the other operators like site: or filetype: or inurl: and intitle:

There's a whole world of backdoors and hidden webpages you can access by learning how to fully use Google.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
its really simple,.
Just scan this ip range 1.1.1.1 - 255.255.255.255 and see if port 80 is open.
that will give you every website in the world.
It will probably take you a year to complete the scan though. In which a million
other sites have closed or opened. Get that point ?

You know that you can have a web site in a port other than 80?

I have a web site for "normal" use in the 80 port but i use two other ports for two other sites.

Thats one way of making a "hidden" site.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
okay here's a start...

aip.completeplanet.com... eEvent&directPage=&directSection=4&treeQueryExpr=&treeQueryType=phrase&treeQueryTarget=tree

there are sites out there wich try to map and make searchable this section of the internet wich is estimated to be about 500 times bigger than what the current searchengines can cover. Above link is one of them, found on google, search for "deep web"

[edit on 26-3-2006 by phiniks]

top topics

join