It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Motors in Serious Trouble

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It was the unions that brought down that company.

Demonstrate this please.

Oh please. Demonstrate this. pfffffffffffffffffffft

He's absolutely correct. The U.S. auto industry has been decimated by the corrupt unions and the foreign non-union competition. Where the heck have you been?

Further to that - the most productive Goodyear tire plant in the United States - and that FACT is several years running - is the ONLY non-union plant they have...

figure that one out.

There was a time unions were needed. That time past a century ago.

[edit on 4-21-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Where would GM be without the unions?

This will give you a good idea.

www.mises.org...

First, the company would be without so-called Monday-morning automobiles. That is, automobiles poorly made for no other reason than because they happened to be made on a day when too few workers showed up, or too few showed up sober, to do the jobs they were paid to do.

Second, without the UAW, GM would have been free to produce in the most-efficient, lowest cost way and to introduce improvements in efficiency as rapidly as possible.

Third, without the UAW, GM would have an average unit cost per automobile close to that of non-union Toyota. Toyota makes a profit of about $2,000 per vehicle, while GM suffers a loss of about $1,200 per vehicle,

The article makes 10 great points on how the unions are killing GM.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I was raised in Norwood, Ohio where the huge GM plant shut down. Norwood felt the labor pains, but the city not only survived but implemented new ideas to further the economy, however now we are announced that Ford Batavia, (Front Wheel Drive) is closing it's doors to be phased out within a year or two. The news is Sharonville, Ohio Ford will also be closing soon. What I don't understand as having inside informants only two years ago inform me that Ford had a new innovative transmission that was outperforming foreign specialty lines. They had a major hiring frenzy at this time. Where else around these parts can a person earn 2-4 K per week? Ouch! I wish them well.

www.wpco.com...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join