It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Win March Madness?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In my heart of hearts, it would be UDUB or the BRUINS. But, sigh....I know I'll just have to go with Villanova or UCONN.

Sorry, if there's any DUKE lovers out there. You're just too overrated.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My hearts true with Coach K and Duke.

But I'll settle for Morrison with Villanova...

I think they will will March Madness

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
:shk: I just wish KU was still in....oh well, always next year...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisler
I think they will will March Madness

Okay. I corrected my mistake.

But I still think Duke is overrated. Did you not see the Florida St. game? Or the UNC game?

Or did those teams get lucky beating Duke then?

About KU, they gave it a good try. But I could also say the same thing for CAL, Kentucky and Arizona.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Can't win them all, but win the games that count.

UNC knows this all to well.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, I *saw* that game with UNC and George Mason. Slipped by them, huh?

But, what will be the best battles of the sweet 16?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would say slipped would not be the appropriate word.

UNC being so dominant at times, controlled a portion of the game. But they were being outplayed on more than one occasion for large parts of the game.

You need to play when it counts. Until Duke gets knocked off, they deserve their due

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
True. But I'm counting on Villanova or UCONN to give Duke a run for its money.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah deffinately should be the showcase of the tourney. Reddick has so much around him though, and with coach K at the helm, it is deffinately theirs to loose.

If Duke does lose, it will be their own fault. Alls they have to do is play their own game.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, you have to think that every play book in the world will strike up a way to block Reddick from making any shots at all. No coach in their right mind would want to leave Reddick open.

BTW on the big battles...I'd have to go with Texas and West Virginia. That will certainly be an ugly game to say the least.

Or...Wichita St. vs. Bradley because they are two low seeds trying to make it to the elite eight.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Come on, you expect one of these teams to defend Williams down low.. plus defend JJ's outside game?

JJ will always win on single coverage and beat the double half the time.

This is not the only firepower they got.

Even if a team does find something, its only a matter of minutes until Coach has a way to beat it.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Okay, you got me there. Duke has a deep bench. And JJ can shoot NBA range on the outside game. I'll give him that. But I still think that there is a way to shut JJ down. It's been done before.

Villanova and UCONN also has deep benches. They can replenish their players if they get in foul trouble.

But then again I ask, did the Coach fail with JJ and Williams during the Florida St. and UNC games?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Gonzaga will be tough...Duke CAN win the whole show if Reddick shows up. UCONN of course, probably the most athletic team in the country. BUT everyone had better look out for our ACC newbies Boston College. They are my sleeper. Oh ya and that fat guy (can't think of the name) on LSU is a beast!! Can't wait til the next games start.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Im sorry but your all going to think im crazy when i tell you who i have going all theway. Gonzaga. they have a pretty good team. morison is feeling a little under the weather so its got me a little worried. i think there gooing to beat ucla and then memphis in the elite 8 then duke in final 4 then it will be uconn and zaga in the final. i had my final four syrcuse, zaga,villinova,and uconn. good except the orange part. so yea my bracket is totaly messed up. but im betting on zaga. ADAM ADAM ADAM

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Who I think is going to win - Memphis

Who I want to win - HOOK 'EM HORNS BABY! :..:,

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Since you won't give the BRUINS any love, I forgive you
Tonight is going to be a very hard night to watch because I love both Gonzaga and UCLA. All I can say is that UCLA has a strong defensive stance and might shut Morrison down.

But, I would say that UCONN might take it all the way. LSU and Duke will probably engage in a very ugly battle as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
LSU upsets Duke and goes all the way!

Uhhhh, maybe, we'll find out in a couple of hours?

GO LSU!

Oh ya and that fat guy (can't think of the name) on LSU is a beast!!

That would be Glen "Big Baby" Davis 6'9" 310 lbs!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Carseller, from watching the beginning of the LSU/Duke game in the first half, you might get your wish.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
LSU, LSU

Duke is done!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thank God for LSU!! I am a Tarheel guy so naturally I have to drink a cold one with a smile now that the Dukies are gone!! Muahaha! Did you see Redicks face at the end?..LOL. He was crying!! Mmmm...J.J. yours tears are so sweet and yummy. My guys choked, so what can ya do. I was hating life listening to these Duke fans talk smack all week around here. Looks like Gonzaga is gonna mop the floor with the Bruins. Adam Morrison is a maniac! He is one funny lookin whiteboy, but man he is intense. Carseller4, you were right, Big Baby dominated the post. He made Sheldon Williams look weak. I bet you guys are partying down on the bayou tonight! Now if I can just get B.C. to beat NOVA tomorrow I will be in business. I kinda hope UCONN loses tomorrow but Im not holding my breath. I think they have a good shot at running the table from here.

HOLY CRAP - did you see that shot Texas just hit to beat WVU? Clutch. Man there have been some great finishes this year so far. Can't wait til the Great 8!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join