It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia finds cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A friend in Estonia says that Russian broadcasts are claiming over TV that they have found a cure for the bird flu...

I havn't seen or heard of this online or on TV... I know all the major news sites and stations have some contacts in Russia, who wouldn't? Why havn't we heard of this if this is true?

Can anyone confirm if my Estonian friend is telling the truth?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Are you sure that they weren't referring to Tamiflu? en.wikipedia.org...
It inhibits neuraminidase which is the component of the H5N1 (the N in the name, I think) that brings about cell replication. It supposedly stops the spread of the virus in a host. However I doubt it's ability to stop the transmission of existing viral DNA to new hosts.

EDIT: Virii, DNA or RNA? I can't remember my biology class from six years ago.

[edit on 23/3/2006 by nrky]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You know, they say a shortage of star anise is the reason why there's a Tamiflu shortage. I don't buy that reason. I live in Malaysia and it looks like there's no shortage of the spice from local stores. Prices are still the same. And we aren't a producer of the spice.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
pravda
RIA Novosti
The Moscow Times
Kommersant Online
ITAR-TASS

Keep checking these, but so far I can't see anything...

You hear all kinds of crazy stuff on some Russian TV channels... maybe they were just talking about Tamiflu... which isnt all that hot against H5N1 anyhoo...

Q

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
K thank you. He probably just missunderstood, or it was typical communist lies! Blarg! Just kidding.

top topics

join