It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Canada: What the hell is wrong with our values?

page: 1

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:41 PM
OK, I was behind a school bus today, so that gave me time to read while the red lights are flashing. "$2000 fine for passing while lights are flashing." $2000? Are they frickin joking? What's the worst that could happen if you pass a bus at this time? Kill a kid!

I know what you're thinking, "Intrepid, have you lost your mind?" Nope, on the contrary. I also noticed a sign as I entered work this morning, "No smoking, $5000 fine." WTF??????? What's the worst that could happen there? You encounter that 1 in a thousand(maybe) that's allergic to smoke and they die. I gauruntee you, if you pass a school bus a thousand times while the lights are flashing, you'll kill more than one kid.

I'm contending that it is WAY worse to pass a school bus but for some STUPID reason we have to be 2 1/2 times more worried about the occasional 2nd hand smoke?

I'm not getting this. Can someone explain it to me?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:22 PM
Kids can't vote and don't pay taxes.

We can kill as many kids as we like, just as long as we don't smoke while we're doing it.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:41 PM
IMO there are many more people who would consider lighting up for a few quick drags than there are people who would consider passing a bus full of students.

If most people already see the rationale behind not passing the bus, there only needs to be enough of a fine to make those who consider doing it think about the risks.

Many people get mad at not being able to light up wherever they want - but a really stiff penalty deters them. That's my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:02 PM

I don't think it matters where you're living. Life everywhere seems to have just gone crazy.

new topics

top topics