It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategic National Stockpile...why have I never heard about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay I was reading a statement from the Department of Health and Human Services, and I saw three words I'd never before seen: Strategic National Stockpile.

When I looked it up [on wikipedia], I really didn't get much out of it. I even went to a provided link to it's "official" website. While I got a little more, it only brought up another question from the following text:

The SNS has stockpiled enough medicine to protect people in several large cities at the same time.

Ok, if a pandemic hits, why only several (which I personally cut off at 20 at best) cities, shouldn't there be enough stockpiled for like maybe, at least 50? You'd think that unless someone wanted to kill everone off and take over the infrastructere, that there would be a little more protection against diseases...

Oh well, I just thought I would ask and see what people thought on this, and see if anyone had any more information on this Strategic National Stockpile...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its not really a new item and has been around for some time. Here is a thread from last year I started that about 2/3 down discusses antivirals that were added to the SNS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/22/06 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
*speechless* Wow....

Anyone know what all the SNS probably has in it's inventory?

And something else just hit me: Ok, they get the vaccine developed and have enough to vaccinate those who remain....How do they distribute it? IMO this would be hard because most of the people still alive would be trying to help those who are still sick, or would be hiding trying not to get sick.

And you also just can't dispatch a helicopter to every small town...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well figure you are goign to vaccinate the Health care people, National Guard, police, fire, and military first. Without those as I discussed in the link above its a loosing cause. Then you distribute them as best you can.

As far as whats in them, its actually organized really well. They have 12 hour "push packs" that are pre packaged and configured to fit into cargo aircraft (both civiliam and military). I do not know where you can find an exact inventory though

More information on it:
www.bt.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
New Orleans should have made it clear to people that in times of major disasters most people will have to fend for themselves. The super rich in N.O. flew in private mercs to protect their property from the starving poor people in the flood zone.

If such disasters scare you eg. a pandemic then buy yourself a gas mask

new topics

top topics

join