It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Signals on Fox News

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was refferring more to my situation, could my Television problems arise from this?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
The only thing I have close to my tv is my computer and
a cordless phone that has been in the same place for 2
years and I have never picked up this before on Fox News.
Why is it happening now?
Also, how does this have anything to do with the fact that
alot of other people have heard this in different parts of the
United States, especially the East coast?

See I don't know. I know I had the problem in Ohio but wrote it off as interference, and I have it now in Chicago. In both places I have only found two common factors. Cell phone, and Digital cable box.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I live right next to an airport, Lebanon Municipal in NH, and we often have private jets, small aircraft, and military A-10 Warthogs flying in and out of there. Recently, our cable TV signal has become blocky, stopped, frozen, at times. This is on both TVs in our house, however does not occur on the one TV with rabbit ear antennas.

Could airport radar have anything to do with these signal break ups?

That is interesting. Do you have digital cable or analog? Perhaps some of the traffic interferes with the signal? What has the cable company said? Do you know anyone else in the area who has this problem?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarecrow19d
That is interesting. Do you have digital cable or analog? Perhaps some of the traffic interferes with the signal? What has the cable company said? Do you know anyone else in the area who has this problem?

We have analog cable (cord into TV...that's analog right?). The cable company has said that this is 'normal'...whatever that is suppoused to mean. They wouldn't produce any possible reasons despite some prodding on my part. Many many people in the area have this problem. Almost everyone around me has digital and experiences the problem, even some people not as close to the airport as I am.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Fox news or the government
would
come onto this site and tell us what this is ?

Just wishful thinking..

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't own a cell phone,
I don't have a cable box nor cable.
I have, however, Directv.
I have heard and seen the same things others have explained on this thread. Members of my household have heard and seen the same.
So just cell phones and cable boxes cannot be the only factor.

So how do we find out what it is and what it means?

Anyone have any sound recorded?

[edit on 3/30/2006 by No1nptkulr]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Interesting. So what can we infer with this new information? Both cable users and DirecTV users are experiencing this phenomenon on the east coast, primarily. Since cable-companies receive some--FOX at least--programming via satellite, can we hesitantly conclude that this is an issue based on satellite transmission? While multiple people with different cable-companies are reporting this same phenomenon, do we know if these other cable-companies are operating under the same parent company?

We also know that we're being told this phenomenon is "normal" without further explanation—a clue, in my opinion. If they’re reporting this as “normal”, can we assume that the interference is not client-based (i.e. viewer cell-phones, etc.)? Piggybacking signals is quite possible, and multiple signals can be transmitted on the same frequency--at least in radio transmission--without the sound bleeding through. Perhaps there is a piggybacked signal that is bleeding through the transmission over FOX?

RECAP:

1) Satellite transmission issue
2) Cable-companies are saying this is “normal”, suggesting the problem doesn’t fully rest with the end-user.
3) Due to the scattered reports, we can tentatively conclude that the interference isn’t location based—airports, etc.

So, is this a satellite transmission issue caused by FOX broadcasting alone, or are other channels affected? If other channels are affected, we need to know if these other channels are related in any way through conglomerates, if we are to rule out “normal” satellite transmission interference.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
About 30 minutes ago I heard something on Fox News
that was strange.
Like I said before, I haven't heard the beeping or scrambled
picture anymore.
What I heard 30 min ago sounded like voices bleeding over
onto the Fox transmission but they were garbled and I couldn't
understand what was being said.
It only lasted a few seconds.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

I haven't read the whole thread, and don't know if this has been mentioned before...

To all those who have digital cable or a cable box, satellite, or direct TV, this is normal...

Basically what's happening is the company's are sending a signal to re-program the box, this is in order to scramble or fry all the illegal boxes that are out there. It happens at ramdom times, sometimes once a month sometimes more sometimes less...

This has been going on for at least 5yrs ( i found out about about 5yrs ago )...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting Jedi_Master.

That might explain why I haven't been able to get the signals, since I have plain ol' regular coaxial cable service (although I get a good deal here on campus).

It's something to think about, you know?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am in the Southwest and have not had any odd sounds on the TV. I have satellite TV.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I haven't noticed since i keep FOX news tuned out, but I see no one has called engineering.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hi All,

Although not a certified engineer, among other, so called, hi tech areas, have worked with video teleconferencing, satellite communications, and specific to the case at hand, satellite video teleconferencing.

Without seeing or hearing the specifics, can almost definitively say that what you are seeing is simple interference of one type or another. Used to see the "stuck" images, odd beeps, and the like whenever there was either transmission or reception issues or, especially during periods of extra sunspot/solar wind-type activity. There were times when the most important person's comments would turn into a stuck screenshot along with audio you would expect to be coming from R2D2! You can imagine that no one was happy.

Although not working directly with a television network, have a decent idea of what methods they use and know that they are similar to those we used. In addition to the usual microwave and other transmitters, the digital broadcast relies upon encoders, decoders, and crypto gear, aka “scramblers”, to encrypt and decrypt signals to prevent, eh-hem, "free service"- all of which are potential trouble spots. Not to mention that cable and satellite carriers have much of the same equipment as well, where many of the same problems may originate so analog or digital is not immune though analog is obviously more of a “tried and true” technology in general.

Again, not meaning to get you riled up or anything but that has been my experience.

As someone else suggested, to help answer the question, you should probably call up Fox engineering- surely there is some way to make contact and describe what you are seeing and hearing to them and ask if that is something of which they are aware. As with any business, if their product is being ruined by either their, or the cable carrier's, equipment, then they most likely will want to fix the issue.

As for the VP liking Fox News, perhaps that is the channel he prefers and just maybe they ask the satellite or cable question so his assistant can find out what other types of programming are available. In addition, since that is the VP, perhaps, actually more likely, the communications gear is sensitive to satellite signals and they need to know what type to bring or what precautions to take first.

Always try to see both sides of an issue, so unless you can post or send the specifics to someone with the appropriate equipment to analyze the information and they turn out to be something devilish, honestly think that is interference as briefly denoted above.

Obviously, you could be on to something huge, but oftentimes the innocent things are just that- innocent.

Hope this puts you a bit more at ease and aids in furthering the discussion,

Nikk

[edit on 1/4/2006 by EnserNG]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Your watching fox news thats your problem : ) lol polictcal jab.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The signals are coming thru on Fox News right now if you want to hear them.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi there MagicaRose,

Have done a bit of research, and if you continue to have issues, the Fox News direct line is:

1-888-369-4762

In addition, you can contact your local FOX affiliate, which may be more eager to please, by looking up the listing at:

www.fox.com...

You do not have your state listed in your profile; therefore, could not look up that telephone number for you.

Please be sure to let us know what you find out.

Sort of off topic:

A couple of items posted a while ago stated that you thought your house is haunted or has some sort of presence/”guest” at least.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you still live in the same house, or did you, indeed sell to someone as you had hoped? If you did not leave, have you ever followed up by having a licensed electrician check your electrical system, the "cleansing" ideas, and the blessing by a person of the clergy?

Asking here, because if you have an electrical system issue or if you do have a "guest" of some sort, that may explain the issues as well.

Wish you luck with the "guest" items and the contact with Fox. Please let us know what happens.

Also, would be truly great if you have a video camera, or could borrow or rent one, and then you could record the cleansing and the blessing, if you have not all ready taken care of that or sold the home.

Hope this is of help to you, and adds to the discussion,

Nikk

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You know something EnserNG, you might have something there.

I was watching Fox News the whole time I was at college (back when this thread was still young), and I never got the weird signal. I never heard of any haunting tales for the dorm, so there probably wasn't any "presence".

Aren't ghosties supposed to be on a Electromagnetic level? That would interfere with electric signals just fine if they moved into the right spot.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ok, Now What?

Fox News Network is OFF the air....Nothing, my screen is black!!

I can get all the other channels!

What is going on ???
It just came back for a second with a scrambled picture and then went off again.

It's been off for approx 15 min now.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This problem isnt just in the east coast....

i posted in this thread like on the first page when it started...and i live in illinois. i hear these wierd beeping noises that sound like ( i cant remember what it is called now) ya know the machine thing you use to send a message of SOS....im drawing a total blank as to what it is called lol...this is one of my ditzy moments i guess.

but anyway, i hear it on fox news all the time. mostly in the early morning ours...because i sleep with my TV on and i always here it at like 2am or 3 when bill oreilly is on.

i have insight cable, and a TiVo.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join