It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they remaking 'The Omen'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was looking for the Miami Vice trailer on the web and noticed that they are remaking The Omen.
:bnghd:

It can't be done any better than the original. The cast can't be any better than the original. The music can't be any better than the original.

I hate what Hollywood is doing to great films of the past. I wish those pathetic losers would come up with their own ideas and stop gravytraining the past.

Gregory Peck is rolling over in his grave!

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can not stand remakes of classics.

Man just leave them alone. If there is anything that is worse than a forced sequal, it is a terrible remake.

How about trying to be original?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why? Because Hollywood is TOTALY devoid of any ideas, thought, or creative wherewithall

Expect to see more fo this crap in the near future

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Future?

They have been stockpiling this crap for years.

And every year it seems to get bigger, thicker, and the stench becomes even more unbearable.

I am amazed what these people think, when they spend millions of dollars on this, then sit down to watch and think.. goood damn!

:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Money. Plain and simple. If an idea has proven itself to have worked once then it is a safer bet then taking a chance on a new idea.

I do however agree with you that 99.9% of remakes pale in comparison to the originals, never the less.

Actually I can only recall one remake that was better then the original and that is the '82 remake of The Thing. Well, two if you want to debated that Evil Dead 2 was actually a remake of the original. I never did understand why they billed it as a sequal when it is nearly the same exact story.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Maybe they are remaking the movie about the antichrist because its time to get the populace used to the idea that we are possibly living in the end of days.

They do use media to condition us to the way they want, anyone else notice the rise of alien related entertainment lately?

BTW Terminator 2 was way better than the original. And Evil Dead 3, Army of Darkness was like 100000X better than either of the first two...

This is my BOOMSTICK.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would say all of you have given part of the true.
- Remaking movies with success in the past, assures some success in the present.
- It is not easy to find ideas (and ideas with success).

Furthermore, I suppose they will be able to use more special effects (not possible before), as well as updated events to make us believe it happens nowadays and to scare some people thinking it is based on true events... Attract more people to the cinema, etc.

But, who knows their real reasons?

top topics

join