It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One third of French say they are racist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Who wakes up one year and says, i wasn't racist before, but now, yep, Ima racist.

It could happen quickly...like one day you stop associating those turban wearing neighbors of yours with baklava and shishkabob and start associating them with planes crashing into towers, thousands of your countrymen dying, etc.

[edit on 3/24/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Honestly, how often would that be the case though??? One day, other people are human beings, the next, nope, they're subhman animals??

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This in my opinion is more of a barometer as to how well the fear campaign is going in France. With a dramatic spike in 'racism' the tactics for creating hatred for Islam is growing as planned. All in the name of a greater coillision of the willing [aka, manipulated by fear] for an all out war on Islam.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Who wakes up one year and says, i wasn't racist before, but now, yep, Ima racist.

We already know that the french must have some racism issues, since they can't properly assimilate and intergrate their muslim immigrants, unlike, say, the US, which doesn't have the same problems on the same scale.

You don't just wake up one day and experience feelings of racism it takes an event or a series of events to make you feel that way and those riots that they had, combined with all of the other violence against Europeans from the muslim community that I've read about, certainly raised my level of hatred towards muslims.

As far as integration of muslims into European society vs. integration of muslims into the US, you're getting two different classes of muslims.

The US is getting educated muslims who have travelled to the US for jobs while the Europeans are getting people with little to no education. Many of them have snuck across the border by going through Turkey or travelled by boat from North Africa.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
This in my opinion is more of a barometer as to how well the fear campaign is going in France. With a dramatic spike in 'racism' the tactics for creating hatred for Islam is growing as planned. All in the name of a greater coillision of the willing [aka, manipulated by fear] for an all out war on Islam.

What fear campaign?
I don't think this is the result of any campaign against muslims.
I think the racism is a result of the actions of the muslims themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
An article from December has more details on the poll, stating that in rural areas the numbers are even higher with 48% of people saying they are racist.
There is aslo a lot of anti-immigration feelings even among immigrants.

UPI

The poll went on to say that 56 percent said there were too many immigrants in France, and the numbers of those who thought immigration brought economic benefits had fallen by 11 percent. Even immigrants now thought that there were too many immigrants in France, the poll found.

"The public acceptance of racist attitudes is strongest among men, the elderly, skilled workers, small business people, company heads and workers," the report said. "The end of the taboo against racism is confirmed by the finding that 63 percent of respondents said that certain behavior (by immigrants) can justify racist reactions."

They don't seem to be as bad as Turkey though as only seven percent of Turks who were polled in a seperate survey said that they would be accepting of immigrants. The middle east seems to be the region most oppoesed to immigrants.

The firmest evidence of the Europe-wide problem came with another poll, this none taken globally among 55,000 people in 70 countries by Gallup to mark the UN's proclamation of December 18 as International Migrant's Day. It found clear majorities in Africa (63 percent), Asia (56 percent), and North America (54 percent) who felt positively about immigration, while the majority in the Middle East (67 percent), Eastern Europe (61 percent), and Central and South America (53 percent), and some 50 percent in Western Europe were against immigrants.

In France, 50 percent told the pollsters that they would not welcome immigrants, while only 30 percent would. The most hostile country to immigrants was Turkey, where only 7 percent would welcome them, followed by Bulgaria and Serbia with (10 percent). These three countries are now on track to join the European Union.

Although 51 percent of Americans said they welcome migrants, 44 percent said they would not. This represents a significant change since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In a poll taken in June 2001, shortly before the hijacked planes were flown into the World Trade center and the pentagon, 62 percent of Americans said they welcomed immigration and only 31 percent were hostile.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

an increase from last year in the number of people

?

We already know that the french must have some racism issues, since they can't properly assimilate and intergrate their muslim immigrants, unlike, say, the US, which doesn't have the same problems on the same scale.

The french are certainly setting themselves up for something, especially with Chirac placing himself as an anti-globalist/nationalist. The 'walkout' bit was interesting.

You mean the US doesn't CURRENTLY have the same racism issues. Just wanted to point that one out.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by YIAWETA

What fear campaign?
I don't think this is the result of any campaign against muslims.
I think the racism is a result of the actions of the muslims themselves.

I love this one.

So, you would say that it's black people's fault that white people are racist towards us?

Maybe you're not saying this, but it sure looks that way to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join