It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq,Iran and North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i know why were such a big threat! is because we have a huge amount of oil expected to last for the next 90-100 years!. Theres a reason why CIA over throwed mossadegh and installed shah into power because they knew we had the most amount of recourses and oil in middle east so it was a easier way to gain power in Iran.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Mehran]

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The point I was making was "provocation". Other than bluster, NK has done nothing to provoke us.

That's true. But one can also argue, "other than bluster, Iraq has done nothing to provoke US"

Or you can replace Iraq with Iran. Fact is all three of the of the 'axis of evil' nations did nothing to provoke the US. Well maybe Iran did way way back with that hostage thing.

You get the point.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
Can someone explain why we went and destroyed Iraq, who we knew had no nukes, and are planning to invade Iran, who might or might not have nukes, while all this time N. Korea, with there Asian Elvis look alike leader, are running around saying they have nuks telling us they want to use them and plan to use them.
Why are we so woried about the mid east isn't the real threat to North America running around in North Korea. Saddam was bad and even if Iran has nuks they could not reach us so why not wory about the threat that can get us in our own house?
Are we scared of them and there friends or is there more to it?
The way I see it we have so many men and women in the mid east we couldn't do a "hands on war" there, we would have to nuk them or have one massive air assult.
I just don't know why we didn't put N. Korea in its place sooner.

2 Reasons:

First: Dr. Obeidi (Iraq's Chief Nuclear Scientist of the Iraqi Nuclear Program) had in his back yard all the equipment needed to make a Nuclear bomb in 4 months.

Did you hear me correctly? Four months (4 months).

He has testified to this and turned over all the equipment.

He stated that Saddam fooled the world into thinking he had a Nuclear Program so that he could use it as a barganing chip for money (oil for food etc).

But that Saddam never re-activated his Nuclear Program...he kept it buried in Dr. Obeidi's yard.

Second: The US hasn't attacked North Korea because it'd be a slaughter house. The North Koreans are much better prepared for war.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus
The US hasn't attacked North Korea because it'd be a slaughter house. The North Koreans are much better prepared for war.

This notion is ambiguous and myopic.
The are a multitude of reasons why the US has not attacked North Korea, and none of them have anything remotely to do with the anti-war notion of "it'd be a slaughter house."

Tell you what though, how about clearly define what you mean by "it'd be a slaughter house," m'kay?

It might help to adequately convey the meaning of your usage.

seekerof

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join