It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminator for President?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's no joke, some people may be aware of this but plans are going ahead which may allow this.

Here's some links to get you all started, it would be interesting to see what people think of this and what good/bad may come of it..

Schwarzenegger: Let foreign-born seek White House

President Schwarzenegger?

The Republican effort to make Arnold Schwarzenegger president of the United States has begun.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
'ONLY IN AMERICA'

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I doubt it.

His approval ratings are worse than GWB’s right now.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have to add there is a TV campaign underway here in CA right now touting Arnie and all his accomplishments. He hasn't really done anything to help the state, imo, and the ad is giving him tacit credit for ending the rolling blackouts and the CA energy crisis!

Furthermore, the ad is sponsored by the United States Chamber of Commerce! They don't talk about party affiliations, those are implicit, but the ads are all about what a wonderful Gov. Arnie is, and all the great things he is doing for CA. Personally, I don't see what's so great about him, he has basically sold CA out to special interests and Wall Street, gutted social programs and school funding, and is just a handsome, rich, well known face plastered on the Republican machine.

I am a CA registered dem who voted for McClintock over Arnie and Bustamante in the recall election. It is obvious to me they are trying to groom him for dictator, I mean President, in the style of Ronnie.

link

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It would not surprice me at all.

The US have had the most amazing presidents through time

It would be more of a surprice if they got one with a brain.

Bush clearly does not have one!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i think its all to do with cultures!!

for example, you can't imgen britain having an 'overseas' actor as prime minister (Dolph Lundgren) as an example.

yet americans love stuff like that, lol arnie doesn't have a clue about politics - (hes a professional bodybuilder/turned actor).

regardless, what HE'S doing for california - someone else will be giving him advice!!

the terminator is there for face value and nothing more.

the question is though, if ^Presdent Arnold Schwarzenegger^ does come to light, all talk about iran having nuclear weapons

would the mentality of america deserve to have these such weapons?? -

its a scary question you should ask yourself, because out of the BIG 5 nuclear powers (US, UK, Russia, France, China) - i believe america would be the only country stupid enough to use them again

[edit on 22-3-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

its a scary question you should ask yourself, because out of the BIG 5 nuclear powers (US, UK, Russia, France, China) - i believe america would be the only country stupid enough to use them again

Exactly!!!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jensen
It would be more of a surprice if they got one with a brain.
Bush clearly does not have one!

i believe america would be the only country stupid enough to use them again

Okay, we get it! You think that the current President of the United States is a brainless dweeb (Despite his ability to rise to commander-in-chief) , and that the United States is evil. Do you have any opinions on the current topic? You know? Terminator for President?

I sincerely doubt that he (Schwarzengger) will be able to get the ammendment to the Constitution needed to run for office. Congress doesn't even seem to be able to agree on a annual budget. Then of couse you have the little thing of 2/3 of the States needing to ratify the ammendment.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'll elaborate a little further and why I put this in conspiracies, I'm looking at the possibility that he is engineering things to pave the way for himself in the future. It's not something I've looked into a great deal and it's not even my idea as I've heard people say it in the past to be fair.

Here's another link about the sort of people Arnie likes to visit:

Schwarzenegger flanked by Warren Buffet, left, and Lord Rothschild, at stately Waddesdon Manor.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Der Grupenfuhrer and McCain. Just when you think it can't get much weirder. It gets a lot weireder.

I wonder how the fundalmentist are going to handle this.

The GOPs are seriously considering this ticket!

This coming pres. election could more resemble a Monty Python episode than a dignified exercise in electoral politics. Wait just a damn minute;
it already does!!!

Oh and Captn. Obvious, brainless dweebs and commander in chiefs are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Arnie for president!!

I see that the Cali airheads don't go for conservatism and common sense wanting the fantasy land to continue.

Oh well their fate is certain out there, one day a big quake and all them valley airheads will go down the tube.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Arnie for president!!

I see that the Cali airheads don't go for conservatism and common sense wanting the fantasy land to continue.

I doubt it and where or where are you going to get all of your produce

AT anyrate as one of those "airheads" we have our own brand of conservatism that suits us quite nicely and seems to work here. If you are suggesting that we transform ourselves into Bible toting, ideologues, well thats what Orange county is for.

Back on topic. The Constitution of the United States should NOT be ammended for such a trical matter IMHO. Popular actor or not.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
I sincerely doubt that he (Schwarzengger) will be able to get the ammendment to the Constitution needed to run for office. Congress doesn't even seem to be able to agree on a annual budget. Then of couse you have the little thing of 2/3 of the States needing to ratify the ammendment.

He doesn't need to get the amendment changed actually, all he needs is to get it before the Supreme court and have them declare it unconstitutional. Then just like that, Arnie is eligible to be POTUS.

I don't see that happening, but you can bet its gone thru more than one mind. If he wants to be Prez he has three years to get it taken care of.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

Edit to fix an ugly mistake. (oops)

[edit on 22-3-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o

yet americans love stuff like that, lol arnie doesn't have a clue about politics

Our people in office that have "political experience" are some of the most corrupt men on the planet. I would honestly rather have people in power that havent had a lifetime of corruption training.

Abraham Lincoln was a wrestler long before he got into politics and turned out pretty fine.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think that the push or thought to do anything with the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution has more to do with allowing Bush to remain president than putting Arnie in the White House. But should it ever happen, which I doubt it will, who knows who might end up in the White House. What a scary thought.

portland.indymedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
mrwupy

Actually the 22 Ammendment has nothing to do with who is qualified for the presidency, it strictly deals with term limits

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This Article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.
caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

The part of the constitution regarding qualifications can be found in Article II

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

SO this would require a whole new ammendment

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I highly doubt it, but how many times has Arnie been told he would fail.

He set the mark when it came to Bodybuilding. After that he comes to America and wants to become an actor. In time he is one of the most sought after Actors out there.

Then he decides he wants to become a politician, and lone behold hes now a Governor.

I won't dare to say No he can't do it, but I do believe this is above him.

He deserves his due though.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Arnie as president!! Wouldn´t be to bad would make great telly as he wheeled out his much used catchphrases. If you invaded Iran ´I told the Iranain president you never were that clever´(Predator) I will termanaite the sand people, sorry iranians, then i will phone Kim jong and tell him hasta la vista baby!(see you later)
lol

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If he takes white house:
Learn nazi nation anthems, learn to goose step, and get one of those nazi arm bands as well as practicing your hail hitler salute.
If he takes power at least we know what to expect: Nazism, not the current "guess and find out later" policies.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well I'm not opposed to the constitution being changed to allow non-us born citizens to be president, it would be a progressive step in my opinion.

As for electing Schwarzenegger(SP?), well I don't know where he stands on the issues, si I don't know if I'd vote for him.

And why do people assume if he becomes president America will go NAZI?

That's horrible, stereotyping people based on there national origin, really now, and I thought we were supposed to be beyond such primitive things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join