It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government is "producing" enemy on purpose!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
When I got here,I really believe that I can have a good communion with American net user.

So i start some threads.Trying to explain and introduce the "mysterious" China to the American net user.though there is lots of bias and inimical voice.still, i try to believe that is temporary.But unfortunately,the bias and hostility are so powerful and extensive spreaded.American government dominate the public opinion by newspaper ,TV,education....etc.

Even in this forum.the rumor is everywhere.such as "China plan to wipe out USA","China will use the WMD to kill American people".I saw a chinese net user trying to explain,then someone concluded that he is a chinese government sended spy.Maybe the next day i come here,watch some "china ally with Martian attack USA" thread would not surprise me.

yesterday,I watch a public-opinion poll of chinese people.the theme is "how do you think of the relationship between China and USA".the result is about 60% people is satisfying the relationship between China and USA.almost 80% people has good feeling toward USA.but the sarcastically is that the American people didn't think so.I don't know what would they feeling when they know the American people have so much hatred toward China.probably like me.disappoint and angry.though most of them cann't read english.

Under this complexion.I start to worried about the future relation between China and USA.Maybe the conflict cann't avoid.Maybe someone's dream here about start war with China will come true.And someday when it is come ture.The American government should remember,They produced it,They produce this war and saddle on normal American people.Dupe normal American people and risk their life in the war.to satisfying their own political ambition.

sadlly....

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I totally disagree with you.
We've got the same idea here in Europe, and it's not that strange.

It's not the American government created this, it's the Chinese government created the idea of a possible war.

Think of the Taiwan scenario, any clue what happens when China 'claims back' Taiwan? The US has signed a threaty in which they state to support Taiwan by military forces if China tries to take control.

Furthermore, did you forget the Chinese spy trying to steal American navy plans last year? I am not going to type anymore.

Just think of:
-China's need for energy
-China's need for technology
-China's aggressive behaviour towards Taiwan, Japan and other countries
-China's rapidly expanding army
-China's booming economy, which will make it stronger than the US
-Edit: the Chinese inhabitants don't speak for their government.
-Freedom of speech in China? I don't think so according to my Chinese friends at the university

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
my personal view of China and its people are:

China does NOT want a war with the U.S. anymore than we want a war with China.

The Chinese people KNOW that a war with the U.S is a VERY BAD idea and do not want it and neither do we.

China is our business partner and we want that to stay that way...a war would ruin both our countries. what good is money if you have no world (country) to spend it in.

China is a great country with wonderful people in it...sure its government could be better but then again the U.S. government could use improvement too.

there will always be warmongers on both sides trying to pick a fight....it takes alot of effort not to succumb to this but remain steadfast in trying to make a better world for ALL.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It isn't hatred towards Chinese people...
it is hatred of some policies of Chinese Government (and some statements by Chinese military leaders... dont worry, our military leaders can be idiots also)

Chinese Government issues such as:
regarding intellectual property (we have high standards here, not so much in China, but getting better)

Regarding freedom of religious expression (china is getting better here, but the official line is still "not allowed")

in Regards to the unfair valuation of Chinese Currency (also has NOTHING to do with the Chinese people)

regarding certain food choices (korea has same problem) but culturally speaking, I am sure that there are critisms of western food choices, by chinese people... these things will work themselves out, as better food sources are available... people gotta eat...

So please, accept my apology if I personally have ever blurred critism of the Chinese government with my respect for its people...

I like Chinese people... just like i like all people...
I have some bones to pick with certain governmental decisions though...

I do see your point that many people of the West do not understand the dramatic changes in China that have occured over the last decade or two...

I can also see how lack of education of chinese perspectives leads to the same misunderstandings that occur regarding America in the Middle east...
I hope it is not an intentional effect of our education system.

There is a small movement in America that you should be aware of, as it is probably where you see many of your points coming from...
the Haters...
they want to close borders, and they want to hype fear of any culture not US.
in a terrorist threatened world, they have found much growth...

But fear not...they are a small group, and have little influence on the vast majority of thinking Americans...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is US government better then the chinese?

Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists nothing
in between! You cant criticize the government then you are a
traitor!

Great job the US Government did in New Orleans! But of course
that was only poor people!

Patriot Act! - Every american could read it before criticize
another country

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I totally disagree with you.
We've got the same idea here in Europe, and it's not that strange.

It's not the American government created this, it's the Chinese government created the idea of a possible war.

Think of the Taiwan scenario, any clue what happens when China 'claims back' Taiwan? The US has signed a threaty in which they state to support Taiwan by military forces if China tries to take control.

Furthermore, did you forget the Chinese spy trying to steal American navy plans last year? I am not going to type anymore.

Just think of:
-China's need for energy
-China's need for technology
-China's aggressive behaviour towards Taiwan, Japan and other countries
-China's rapidly expanding army
-China's booming economy, which will make it stronger than the US
-Edit: the Chinese inhabitants don't speak for their government.
-Freedom of speech in China? I don't think so according to my Chinese friends at the university

I'm getting tired to reply this kind of post again and again.you said "We've got the same idea here in Europe".I do believe that on the ideology,Europe may have different thought with China.But when on the "Threat" things.Do you ever heard a word that come from Europe official?Who is spreading the "China is threat".Oh face it ,it's US government.

when you talking about the "Taiwan scenario".How can you think that China's legal and proper claim of get back Taiwan is a threat?When almost all the world admit Taiwan is part of China(including US government).How can you claim China's unification is lawless.and at the same time claim US civil war in 1860's is legal and proper.

when you talking about the Chinese spy.Why don't you think the media is so infatuated with China?seems like only china has spy.seems like that there is Chinese spy everywhere.seems like that other country would not send spy into US.seems like US would not send spy into China.

you can type anythink as long as you like.but remember when you listen to the media.Don't lose your own judgement.Don't make conclusion so quickly which based on fake and bombastic things.But it's seems so difficult.sadly...

there is your list:
-China's need for energy(since when China's need for energy is lawless?)
-China's need for technology(since when China's need for technology is lawless?)
-China's aggressive behaviour towards Taiwan, Japan and other countries(since when China's has aggressive behaviou towards other countries?)
-China's rapidly expanding army(since when China's proper national defence built become lawless)
-China's booming economy, which will make it stronger than the US(since when China's economy growth is lawless?)
only the Freedom of speech i think the Chinese government is not doing good enough.but also is not so bad that describe by US media.and it is not a threat too.

The US government want a excuse??? believe me ,there always have.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
They are preparing to open 200 new Wal mart super centers in China. We are not going to war anytime soon. China is preparing to export cars to America also. It is about Big Business, and China wants to be a global superpower and control the East, and the US has no other choice than to recognize, keep tabs and continue to promote good foriegn policy.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You're continually talking about the US media spreading the word, but believe it our not we've our own press agencies in Europe, doing their own research and drawing their own conclusions, under the conditions of freedom of press and speech, this in contrast to China, where freedom of press doesn't exists.

Don't tell me the opposite, as many of my Chinese friends told me they aren't allowed to say what they think when they are in China).

You are wrong when saying almost the whole world admits that Taiwan is part of China.

Our policy is based on the principle that there must be no use of force by China against Taiwan. We deny the right of Beijing to impose its rule on the free Taiwanese people. All issues regarding Taiwan's future must be resolved peacefully and must be agreeable to the people of Taiwan. If China violates these principles and attacks Taiwan, then the United States will respond appropriately in accordance with the Taiwan Relations Act. America will help Taiwan defend itself.
www.heritage.org...

Do you think there are more than a thousand French spies working in China?

Second Chinese official in a week to announce a bid for asylum backs claims that Beijing has more than 1,000 spies in the country.

www.csmonitor.com...

I am very capable to draw my own conclusions, and I totally agree that China's becoming a threat

Chinese warheads aimed at the US:
CIA SAYS CHINESE NUKES ARE AIMED AT U.S. CITIES.

You are right in your statements on my list, however, but I'd better see you answering what happens if China won't be able to obtain the energy they require, you don't thought about the possibility of invading countries that are rich of these raw materials, in order to feed its hunger.

All the other things mentioned makes China a thread. Spying for technology, and not only civil technology, but military technology as well.

Think what you want, but don't accuse the US of creating China as an enemy.

Edit: I am not talking about war, as it wouldn't be in both the US or China's benefit, but think of the long-term, in the end China will become more powerful than the US, which could have some serious consequences.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
First of all I would like to state clearly that IMO most people in the U.S. do NOT hate China as a country, or Chinese people, and in fact probably know very little about your country as a whole. This entire issue stems from misguided, and at times not so misguided, fear of China and her capabilities. Chinese people could be the kindest, gentlest, most non threatening people on Earth, but the fact that a country that large, with over 1,000,000,000 people, that is under communist rule, is bound to make some people nervous.

The Chinese government making off kilter remarks about first strike nuclear capability against the U.S. doesn't help either. Believe me when I say that we as Americans do not want war with China anymore than the Chinese people want to start a war against the U.S. because there would be substantial loss on both sides.

As nations our economies rely heavily on free trade with each other in order to prosper. Certainly we have cultural differences, but that is only natural. I believe that your country has made great progress over the last few years in regards to lifting the red veil of secrecy, establishing a new precedent for human rights and free speech that old communist China never even dreamed of. With advances in communication like the internet, it will promote free thought and free exchange of information that most Chinese citizens have never had access to.

IMO only a matter of time before democracy, or some shade of democracy, will form and take root in China. The people are too intelligent and too progressive in thought to be limited any longer by a censoring communist regime. So in short, don't take this stuff personally. There is a difference between hating an entire nationality of people as opposed to simply sizing up and keeping track with a very formidable and potential adversary.

If I took it personally and got offended every time someone from a foreign country bad mouthed America, I would have had a nervous breakdown long ago.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by BlackOps719]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is how I see it:

China is actually a fascist country (was communist)

China will take most manufacturing jobs from the first world within 20 years.

China has been set up as the world's biggest branch plant or contractor by the Western Elite in search of every increasing profits for themselves.

China wants Taiwan for ego reasons and they will do what it takes to get it.

Chinese leadership want to regain the glories of the past when the East was superior to the west.

You can guess the rest amigo.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You're continually talking about the US media spreading the word, but believe it our not we've our own press agencies in Europe, doing their own research and drawing their own conclusions, under the conditions of freedom of press and speech, this in contrast to China, where freedom of press doesn't exists.

Don't tell me the opposite, as many of my Chinese friends told me they aren't allowed to say what they think when they are in China).

You are wrong when saying almost the whole world admits that Taiwan is part of China.

Our policy is based on the principle that there must be no use of force by China against Taiwan. We deny the right of Beijing to impose its rule on the free Taiwanese people. All issues regarding Taiwan's future must be resolved peacefully and must be agreeable to the people of Taiwan. If China violates these principles and attacks Taiwan, then the United States will respond appropriately in accordance with the Taiwan Relations Act. America will help Taiwan defend itself.
www.heritage.org...

Do you think there are more thank 1000 French spies working in China?

Second Chinese official in a week to announce a bid for asylum backs claims that Beijing has more than 1,000 spies in the country.

www.csmonitor.com...

I am very capable to draw my own conclusions, and I totally agree that China's becoming a threat

Chinese warheads aimed at the US:
CIA SAYS CHINESE NUKES ARE AIMED AT U.S. CITIES.

You are right in your statements on my list, however, but I'd better see you answering what happens if China won't obtain the energy they require, you don't thought about the possibility of invading countries that are rich of these raw materials, in order to feed its hunger.

All the other things mentioned makes China a thread. Spying for technology, and not only civil technology, but military technology as well.

Think what you want, but don't accuse the US of creating China as an enemy.

Edit: I am not talking about war, as it wouldn't be in both the US or China's benefit, but think of the long-term, in the end China will become more powerful than the US, which could have some serious consequences.

You're continually talking about the US media is not spreading the word.And I'm curious if the US media is not spreading the word,where did you get all this imformation of "threat"???

you said that "freedom of press doesn't exists in china".and i'm curious why there is no bad news of Israel in US newsreport.why there is so lack of good news of China in US newsreport.Can you even read different standpoint and different language newsreport from other country???

I do admit the China don't have the tradition of freedom of speech.but when you said your Chinese friends told you they aren't allowed to say what they think when they are in China.i'm curious who are these chinese people??Don't tell me they are Falun Gong or so called "chinese abroad democracy people".who would rather use US government power to restrict China.these people are buffoon in the mind of normal chinese people.and I'm also curious since when the lack of freedom of speech become US government's threat.It's looks like Chinese government is not the real China government.the US government is.

And I'm exactly right that almost the whole world admits that Taiwan is part of China.the US government would not let China mainland use military force to unify with Taiwan is one thing.And they also admits that Taiwan is part of China is another thing.Don't confuse it.Don't make double standard.

And about the spy things.I don't know how much that you can trust the words of Chinese traitor officer.who is so eager to stay in other country that he would use any means he can.suppose I'm a Chinese officer and i betrayed my country.and i'm so eager to stay in USA.then i talk you I have 10,000 spy list name in US.would you believe it?Of couse you would. And don't forget there is also US spy in china too.

you said you are very capable to draw your own conclusions,but i'm still serious doubt.you said CIA claims "Chinese warheads aimed at the US".suppose it's true.why don't you even ask yourself why would Chinese warheads aimed at the US??USA has the largest NUkes power in the world.why would Chinese warheads aimed at the US??you tell me why???oh,do you even remember USA is trying to stimy Chinese unification.do you even remember the world's biggest Nukes are also aimed at the China.It's like a tiger claims a sheep's horn is threat.because the sheep would not let the tiger eat him.Who is threat Who?Who is producing the enemy???yes it's the US government.

and about the energy things.what makes you think china would invade countries that are rich of these raw materials.can you tell me china would invade which country???you said like China don't deserve the energy.putting an unexist accusal on china.Don't forget invade the country that are rich of these raw materials in middleeast is USA amy.

Think what i want.How can i stop believe that USA government is producing the enemy.you tell me.you prove it to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
Even in this forum.the rumor is everywhere.such as "China plan to wipe out USA","China will use the WMD to kill American people".I saw a chinese net user trying to explain,then someone concluded that he is a chinese government sended spy.Maybe the next day i come here,watch some "china ally with Martian attack USA" thread would not surprise me.

the result is about 60% people is satisfying the relationship between China and USA.almost 80% people has good feeling toward USA.but the sarcastically is that the American people didn't think so.I don't know what would they feeling when they know the American people have so much hatred toward China.probably like me.disappoint and angry.though most of them cann't read english.

Chill out! You're dealing with American internet users here. Most love to enter forums, and foam at the mouth...talk like they're a badass. It's becoming a great American pasttime. Ignore it, eventually like every other American trend it will fade into oblivion....one day.
P.S. - I love Chinese food, especially szchezuan (sp??). Thank you China!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
This is how I see it:

China is actually a fascist country (was communist)

China will take most manufacturing jobs from the first world within 20 years.

China has been set up as the world's biggest branch plant or contractor by the Western Elite in search of every increasing profits for themselves.

China wants Taiwan for ego reasons and they will do what it takes to get it.

Chinese leadership want to regain the glories of the past when the East was superior to the west.

You can guess the rest amigo.

Oh then China is become a "fascist" country.when this kind of idea appear in you guys head.why it is not surprise me at all!!you guys truly know how to produce an enemy!!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance
P.S. - I love Chinese food, especially szchezuan (sp??). Thank you China!

Dude, me too! That's my favourite dish, my mom cooks that style of chicken at least once a month.

On topic - I'd like to add some more relevant discussion, but I'm so very sleepy now. It's 4.45 in the morning. Tomorrow I will. Maybe.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You're right but it's nothing personal.

Americas is basically a xenophobic nation - they see all other countries as just somewhere to be exploited or suppressed militarily.

America also needs someone on whom to focus hatred to deflect attention from their poverty at home, lack of protection from the rampages of capitalism and fundamentally corrupt political / media systems.

Anyone will fulfil this role Gadaffi, Noriega, N. Korea, Saddam etc etc whether they are a threat to the US or not. America bullies anyone it can.

It just happens you're an economic power and have systems to prevent the US buying up your resources wholesale (and cheaply!) so of course they're going to demonise you.

Expect a campaign of made-up stories about infiltration, secret agents, preparations for a sneak attack etc etc

www.atsnn.com... for example

But ultimately your military strength will protect you and the US will invent another enemy to demonise and blame all their problems on.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Americas is basically a xenophobic nation - they see all other countries as just somewhere to be exploited or suppressed militarily.

Right... that why we allow so many immigrants to legally enter the US each year correct?

And I would just like to add that I don't think Americans hate China as a whole, I just think they don’t like it when China tries to flex muscle it doesn't yet have against the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The whole of the 'west' has many immigrants - you're not alone; you just happen to share a land border with a third world nation.

China has a claim on Taiwan - it's the last rattle of their civil war. A Hong Kong type solution is possible and the best solution.

Seems to me you're the ones picking the fight; getting involved not for the Taiwanese but beacuse it's expedient for your global expansion plans.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Do you think there are more than a thousand French spies working in China?

Ha Ha, that's funny...with the influence France has on the world's scientific community, setting the next round of 'studies' and 'agenda's' based on how the last round of "Nobel Prizes" and all their other fingers in the world's 'studiy pies', they are the real spies the whole world should be worried about.

You can look through the history of science (including social and health 'sciences') and you will find one of this nation's people involved in important aspects of 'development' (like what is 'good' for families) all the way along.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You're continually talking about the US media is not spreading the word.And I'm curious if the US media is not spreading the word,where did you get all this imformation of "threat"???

From German, Dutch and British sources. Ever heard of Reuters or ANP, Newspapers (that are not under control of the government)? Obviously you aren't very well informed if you think the European press agencies get all their information from the US.

you said that "freedom of press doesn't exists in china".and i'm curious why there is no bad news of Israel in US newsreport.why there is so lack of good news of China in US newsreport.Can you even read different standpoint and different language newsreport from other country???

I suppose you haven't understood yet Im not an American citizen
In European countries bad news, including about their own countries is published, as I told you we've got Freedom of Press, again in contrast to China. It's your choice to make things personal, but I am sure I speak more languages than you will ever do.

I do admit the China don't have the tradition of freedom of speech.but when you said your Chinese friends told you they aren't allowed to say what they think when they are in China.i'm curious who are these chinese people??Don't tell me they are Falun Gong or so called "chinese abroad democracy people".who would rather use US government power to restrict China.these people are buffoon in the mind of normal chinese people.and I'm also curious since when the lack of freedom of speech become US government's threat.It's looks like Chinese government is not the real China government.the US government is.

Don't you what you are trying to convince me of here, but my Chinese friends are students.Ever heard what happens if you tell something bad about the Chinese government when you're in China? I am sure you have and that's why you don't do it.

And I'm exactly right that almost the whole world admits that Taiwan is part of China.the US government would not let China mainland use military force to unify with Taiwan is one thing.And they also admits that Taiwan is part of China is another thing.Don't confuse it.Don't make double standard.

You are exactly wrong here, most countries doesn't recognize Taiwan as an independant country, it would cause major political conflicts with the ROC and thats not in their benefits. Most countries however, have unofficial (trade) agreements with Taiwan, which makes them unoffically recognize it as a country. In my opinion it's a little old fashioned and surely not democratic to give people their liberty.

And about the spy things.I don't know how much that you can trust the words of Chinese traitor officer.who is so eager to stay in other country that he would use any means he can.suppose I'm a Chinese officer and i betrayed my country.and i'm so eager to stay in USA.then i talk you I have 10,000 spy list name in US.would you believe it?Of couse you would. And don't forget there is also US spy in china too.

I agree with you here....

you said you are very capable to draw your own conclusions,but i'm still serious doubt.you said CIA claims "Chinese warheads aimed at the US".suppose it's true.why don't you even ask yourself why would Chinese warheads aimed at the US??USA has the largest NUkes power in the world.why would Chinese warheads aimed at the US??you tell me why???oh,do you even remember USA is trying to stimy Chinese unification.do you even remember the world's biggest Nukes are also aimed at the China.It's like a tiger claims a sheep's horn is threat.because the sheep would not let the tiger eat him.Who is threat Who?Who is producing the enemy???yes it's the US government.

Won't comment on your personal statement. I'd like to know your opinion on statements such as this one:
Earlier this year, a general was quoted as saying Beijing might use nuclear weapons if the United States interfered with any Chinese effort to forcibly reunite Taiwan with the mainland.

and about the energy things.what makes you think china would invade countries that are rich of these raw materials.can you tell me china would invade which country???you said like China don't deserve the energy.putting an unexist accusal on china.Don't forget invade the country that are rich of these raw materials in middleeast is USA amy.

True, I think the economical interests were of bigger interest than the so-called chemical weapons. We all know China doesn't have enough resources to keep the economy running like it is now. Expectations are that Chinese resources will be available till 2015 . To keep its economy running like it does now China will need additional resources, and where are they planning to get this from? Purchasing might be an option, but the hunger to resources grows day by day. If current calculations are right China and India together will require as much fossil energies as the whole world current usage. It's most unlikely we'll find another source of energy to fulfil our needs for energy. Do you really think the Chinese government will say by 2015 ''well it's a pity there aren't any more resources left, that's quite for our economy, but why would we care?'' Of course not!

Think what i want.How can i stop believe that USA government is producing the enemy.you tell me.you prove it to me.

You might have understood my opinion in a wrong way, I don't mean China makes itself a threat, but we all know it will become a super power within a few decenia and with its current government the world doesnt know what to expect.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Mdv2]

top topics

join