It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious package outside Whitehouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sorry, this is just breaking news.

NEWS ALERT Law enforcement officers are investigating a suspicious package left near a gate at the White House.

us.cnn.com...

The package was noted just after President Bush left via helicopter from the South Lawn -- on the other side of the White House -- for a trip to Wheeling, West Virginia.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by valkeryie]

[edit on 22-3-2006 by valkeryie]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hope its filled with John Kerry votes.

"Oops, we must have lost these."

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They have the bomb squad out in full force and FOX is giving constant coverage. Probably will turn out to be something harmless and somehow I have the feeling if it was something "real" they wouldn't let us know.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its funny, during the Clinton years, the suspicious "package" was inside the Whitehouse...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They have a "known suspect" in custody. Probably something like blood colored ink written letters in the bag. Looks probably like local protestor type action.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
They have the bomb squad out in full force and FOX is giving constant coverage. Probably will turn out to be something harmless and somehow I have the feeling if it was something "real" they wouldn't let us know.

wait.. they wouldn't let us know if it was something "real"? Constantly on this these forums we here from other members saying the government is trying to scare the public and all this other stuff about scaremongering.

Now they wouldn't want to scare us or tell us its something bad? I thought telling us its a bomb or something would be seen as a good thing.. you know the big bad evil Bush showing everyone terrorists are putting bombs outside the White House.

hmm..

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
They have a "known suspect" in custody. Probably something like blood colored ink written letters in the bag. Looks probably like local protestor type action.

Somebody who has done this act in the past. Are we that soft? Whats the White House now? A trash bin?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I guess i need to know more before i will beleive anything i hear.

My guess is it was nothing but garbage. That DOES make a statement, imo.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Somebody who has done this act in the past. Are we that soft?

Soft?

What is supposed to be done with a person that does this? Littering usually warrants a fine, and this is possibly a freedom of speech issue if its a protest. Nothing should be done to him, if its not some sort of attack.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Littering usually warrants a fine, and this is possibly a freedom of speech issue if its a protest. Nothing should be done to him, if its not some sort of attack.

Really? So nothing should be done to someone who yells fire in a crowded theater? Considering that this person probably knew the result of his actions I say it is no different than my fire in theater example.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What is supposed to be done with a person that does this? Littering usually warrants a fine, and this is possibly a freedom of speech issue if its a protest. Nothing should be done to him, if its not some sort of attack.

Imagine me egging your house or putting toilet paper on your tree in the name of free speech. Or just littering your front lawn. Whats your reaction? Or just posting up a sign every now and then on your lawn saying I Hate You because of this or that. Thats going to be annoying aint it?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I know it just has to be a big box of toilet paper
. If the guy has done it in the past then obviously hes got issues. I dont know why anyone would WANT to throw just some package onto the lawn. Shoot, I wouldnt worry about it, they get suspicious when ant piles are made.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
LOL maybe it's a ticking bomb
If I lived in Washington D.C. I'd throw weird packages in the Whitehouse yard just for the hell of it
I'd just do it at night with a stocking on my head so I didn't get caught
It would be hilarious.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Really? So nothing should be done to someone who yells fire in a crowded theater?

I can see how this might be considered the similar to that, yes.

Imagine me egging your house or putting toilet paper on your tree in the name of free speech.

Destruction of property.

Or just littering your front lawn.

With a single item? Likesay, a sign? And, importantly, there's private and public property, as far as I understand it, this was on a public street, before a government office.
Anyway, has it been confirmed that it was a protest action anyway???

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Watch out, here comes some more amendments to the Patriot Act. Let's tighten the security some more. We all know there are terrorists at every corner waiting to pounce on us.

Troy

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Really? So nothing should be done to someone who yells fire in a crowded theater?

Yes, Nothing should be done to them. It's not illegal.

Shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater

"Shouting fire in a crowded theater" is an expression used in the U.S. judicial system to express the limits upon which free speech may be expressed under the terms of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
This ruling preceded the adoption of building codes, and theatergoers faced a real possibility of being unable to escape the building in an emergency due to narrow aisles and jammed doors.
Schenck was later overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio, which ruled that speech could only be banned when it was directed to and likely to incite imminent lawless action (e.g. a riot), the test which remains until this day.

Emphasis added.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah they'll probably blame "al qauda" if they get any more mysterious packages...
then they'll say they need tighter security...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Is George looking for the Front door?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

join