It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whiny Children grow up conservative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Found this interesting article this morning and just had to share with all of you.

KID POLITICS | Whiny children, claims a new study, tend to grow up rigid and traditional. Future liberals, on the other hand ...

I remember a few of those, I'm sure you do to. The ones who just before the bell would ring would raise their hand and say "teacher you forgot to give us homework!"
I feel a lot less guilty about giving them swirlies now!

[edit on 22-3-2006 by QuietRenegade]

Mod Edit: Posted link.. removed article.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The link doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I posted this on BTS, figured it would bet moved anyways

I think it does belong here, after all a legitimate study was done.

I love it. It makes sense, imo.

I had good non-crying kids. All liberals.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hey Bandit, I cannot seem to make the link work properly. It does something I've never seen before. I hope posting of the article is OK, if not a little help in providing the proper link will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bandit, you earned your pay today

[edit on 22-3-2006 by QuietRenegade]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've fixed it

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
dg, I don't know how much weight I place on this article. I believe enviromental factors are much more important in child development, this article almost points to preconditioning as the main factor in childrens political leanings.
Still nothing makes my day more than getting a good laugh at the expense of conservatives and the GOP and here lately I've been laughing alot, I bet I walk around looking like The Joker with a permanent smile

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Jebadiah Prudy, a young (30s now) home educated Philosopher out of West Virginia made a splash a few years back with a book on Irony and another one on America wrote someplace that "Conservatism is an irritable attitude masqurading as political thought. "
I highly recommend his work, even if you don't agree with him he's interesting. Be as it may be while I love the idea of this post, BUT I think that how we end up viewing the world is far more complex than this...I would suggest that children that have a fear of (or resent) change are more likely to adopt a conservative political view when they grow up than those who thrive new and different stimuli. After all what does the word conservative mean vs. the word liberal? If you have been over exposed to andy coulter and mush loosebowels...go look it up in your dictionary...you might be surprised. The core defination to the word conservative in my Oxford English Dictionary "The tendency to perserve or to keep intact" (hardly the Republicans and so called conservatives of today, I would call them nihilist) and what is that but an oppisition to change...given that discription I would suggest that the majority of progress that humanity has made has been done by liberals and the majority of the opposition to it has come from conservatives.... the murderers of Ceasar were conservatives, Cromwell was a conservative, the inquisition was conservative, the Tories during the revolutionary war were conservative, the slave owners were conservative, isolationists are conservative....need I go on...this should be voted up, if only to annoy the conservatives
I need a good laugh today.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietRenegade
dg, I don't know how much weight I place on this article. I believe enviromental factors are much more important in child development, this article almost points to preconditioning as the main factor in childrens political leanings.
Still nothing makes my day more than getting a good laugh at the expense of conservatives and the GOP and here lately I've been laughing alot, I bet I walk around looking like The Joker with a permanent smile
I love laughter, and lately there hasnt been much to laugh at.
I chose to beleive this study
It does bring a smile to my face...

Now, where are those rug rats??? I want to do my own study.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It does bring a smile to my face…

Mine too, although I am confident for entirely different reasons.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I can say without reserve that this is the most BS study I've read in my entire life.

The whiny kids in my school turned out to be outcast losers. The confidents ones still serve in the military and other professional occupations, and they are very much adamant conservatives.

The wishy-washy, go with the flow, indecisive, can't finish-a-task whinies turned out to be Bill Clinton supporters.

Maybe this only happened in my corner of the world.

[edit on 23/3/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I can say without reserve that this is a BS post....many good hard working decent people voted for Clinton TWICE.

THE ONLY PATH WAR LEADS TO IS THE GRAVEYARD!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
LOL,

It IS a humorous study.
It made me laugh too.
You see, I am a conservative.

One of those people that realeased all that pent-up whininess
at a very young age.

You can see what happens if you sit on it into adulthood. It's VERY unhealthy.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is a link to another thread on this same subject.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Funny...

In my own experience, I'd say conservatives are MUCH less "whiney".

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A friend of mines 10 year old son asked her what the difference between conservatives and liberal were. She replied: "Ya know the kids on the playground who are selfish and want everything for themselves? Her son said yes.Those are conservatives, she replied.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
A friend of mines 10 year old son asked her what the difference between conservatives and liberal were. She replied: "Ya know the kids on the playground who are selfish and want everything for themselves? Her son said yes.Those are conservatives, she replied.
voila!!!!! There you have it folks. Even the kids know

new topics

top topics

join