It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my first gun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
My God! This thread started off with someone just proudly announcing their new shooter (presumably wanting our opinions on his choice), next thing you know there is a cat fight about the right to keep and bear arms, mostly from people who don't even live in the US!

Surprised the mods haven't started firing out a few more warnings to be honest...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Paddy,
That is what happens when you get one or two people who are totally against the very thought of someone else being able to do something they are not able to.

For the rest...hooorah. little fishies!!! Not sure what that means but a SEAL friend of mine used to say it a lot...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Some folks you just can't reach. I can understand some peoples hatred for guns, I used to hate them too.

However, weather I hate them or love them, I would never condemn others for not thinking the way I do.

Everyone has a choice and it is not everyone elses place to make others choices.

I am the owner of a gun now. I saw the direction of this world and 'chose' to own one. If you don't like them, do not buy one.

Last night i was taught how to take it apart for maintenance. Next week, I get to shoot it for the first time at the range - to get used to it and sight it in.

Looking so forward to it.

Then, in the fall....... a doe, a deer, a female deer..... sorry, happy song. Hoping for a buck though.

apc

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Are you able to remove the magazine on yours?
Mine is fairly well seized... probably will have to go to a smith.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Are you able to remove the magazine on yours?

He showed me how, but we didn't do it. Learned that I could remove or shorten the dowen in it to store more ammo.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi godservant
Just wanted to say congrats' again!!!
and good luck on your first shoot.
I would love to holiday in America and have a go my self!!

You didnt answer my question before, where in the uk does your mom come from.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage

I would love to holiday in America and have a go my self!!

You didnt answer my question before, where in the uk does your mom come from.

My Mum is from Oxford and my Grandad is from Liverpool.

If you're ever in the Connecticut area, I'd share. I have only shot a 12 guage a few times in my life, but it's kick is a rough, good feeling.

I miss England, but I have no more family there to visit.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seen the Future
one day your countrymen will look back at this and cringe at the sheer idiocy of your generation of Americans. History won't take pride in the fact that you people loved your guns and proudly hunted animals with them. History will remember this period in America as one of the most corrupt, morally bankrupt periods ever. Amost everything about you is fundamentally wrong, from the false liberties that you are forced to believe you have, right up to the people who control them. You are essentially a nation of wannabe soldiers and sociopaths trying depserately to hide under a mask of civilisation. 60% of your people are overweight, 70% own firearms. Most of you don't even have passports.

You know the worst part? He's right. It is a vicious cycle in the worst sense. We carry guns because we are too violent, and we are too violent because we have too many guns. To our credit though...I dont have a passport cause I cannot afford to go further than Canada or Mexico, and I can do that with a license and a birth certificate. If my country was so small, I would need to get away more often too. We are lucky to have lots of different cultures, climates, and flavors all within our own borders.

Im still not givin my guns up though...Not before the bad-guys...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I personally don't like guns, but I don't mind them - I don't have one and don't want to get one - If I want meat, I go to the grocery store, and an alarm system and a baseball bat is what keeps me safe.

BUT

To all the people that want to ban them - don't you understand that if the government bans guns, then only the criminals will have them, because only law-abiding citizens will just 'turn them in'.

So people that have never broken the law before, but insist on keeping a gun for protection will instantly become criminals. And people that would use a gun for crime will still have them and then you'd have this huge underground/black market for them. Does anyone really think that there were NO AK-47's being sold/traded when there was a ban on them? yeah, right.

It would be one thing to ban guns IF you could make sure they were ALL gone - but how would the government implement that plan? they can't, because there are too many criminals that would just hide their guns, and too many good people that wouldn't give them up becuase that's how they protect their family.

So, don't get one if you don't like 'em - and quit whining about the people that already have 'em - People arent' just going to give 'em up, no matter what their intentions are for using them.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Y'know, I have a .38 old beat up rossi [Mod edit]. D.C. and Maryland had a thing that you could turn in any gun and get $100. I want to turn that one in but they haven't had the program announced lately. Maybe it went away. The only reason I want to turn this one in is I bought it about 16 years ago from a guy who was selling it for $25. [Mod edit]. I guess if someone breaks in I can always shoot then plant it on them...lol. Just kidding, that would not be right but that is what my uncle told me the other day to do. He might have had some good advice to keep the criminals from B&E my house but he sure doesn't have common sense in crime scenes. Guess that was why he spent so much time behind bars

[edit on 24/3/06 by OneGodJesus]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

From T&C:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Y'know, I have a .38 old beat up rossi [Mod edit].

dude! Take that gun apart and smash as many of the parts as you can and drop each part in a dumpster in different parts of town! Start with the frame. (you don't want to arm a real criminal)

[Mod edit]

however if the gun NEVER had serial numbers it is apparently legal to have it- or even make your own if they meet certain criteria (might be a good thread)

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

From T&C:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

apc

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That is actually a very skilled trade... home made guns.
You can make anything form a pistol to a full auto with simple hand tools and the proper materials. Legal too as long as they meet safety standards such as barrel thickness and length depending on caliber.

Zip guns however are not a skilled creation, nor legal... and definitely not safe.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are manuals on how to make sub-machineguns incase the NWO takes power lol.

A brit wrote a manual on how to make one but I can't find his site.

www.righthook.com...

Here are some of them if you fancy looking at it, in no way do I condone making your own firearms that can fire fully automatic, i've always been more of a fan of semi-auto's.

Here is his site: The Home Gunsmith

[edit on 3/24/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Any of you guys have recomendations. I'm looking to get a gun I can shoot a lot for a little money. Just to go out plinkin targets to relax. Looked at Ak-47, SKS, and Mini-14. The guy at WalMart told me I could get a thousand rounds of Mini-14 ammunition for $20-$30 but a new Mini-14 from WalMart costs $450-550. Can get a AK-47 for $350 and a SKS for $125. I like the feel of the AK-47 but the ammunition is the same as the SKS and the guy at WalMart told me it was expensive now because thats what the terrorists in Iraq are using.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Guns that use .223 ammo are usually the best in these times, 7.62x39's are getting expensive and I believe the military is buying them for the AR-47's and probably for the SCAR-H rifles for the Marines and SEALs.

I am getting a pistol first, shotgun after that and then a WASR-10 AK-47.

They sell that stuff at Wal-Mart? I find that very hard to believe, they only carry hunting and target guns...atleast here in Iowa.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
WalMart sells the Mini-14. They don't sell the AK-47 or the SKS. The guy just knew a lot about guns and was giving me some advice. I think I'll probably end up getting the Mini-14. Do you know if a Mini-14 is interchangeable with the ammunition that the AR-15 uses?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I do believe that the mini-14 and the AR15 both use .223 ...a real winner of a round, right there.

That's just my personal opinion, mind you. You travel down that road, it leads to the dread AK vs AR argument. Me, personally, I would get the SKS. It's robust, cheap, fires a decent round.

Compare prices:www.marstar.ca...

www.marstar.ca...

.223 is, in fact, more expensive by almost a hundred dollars.

DE

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Welll it's good to know even if they are corrosive rounds.

I wouldn't mind owning an AR-15 but they are usually very expensive, 700 dollars at the very least, i'd rather get a 300 dollar AK.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The corrosiveness isn't much of an issue, if you clean your weapon thoroughyl right after use, yo. And that's something you'd want to do anyways.

DE

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

I may find the 2nd Amendment of the US constituiton to be entirely ludicrous, and have said so in several threads

Dont worry many Americans find it ludicrous that your nation effectively disarmed your population. The kicker is that they used the pretense that taking away guns from law abiding Australians was to make you safer
classic

The stats have proved that hasnt happened not only in your own country but also in countries like Canada and Switerland which have high gun ownership and lower violent crime then your own country.

Shadow,

You can sod off too. This was an unneccesary post that completely misunderstood what I said. This is not pro vs anti gun nut discussion of the 2nd amendment. This is a discussion of guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join